Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 139

Thread: How is everyone feeling?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    I am usually not one to complain. Because, well, I did this to myself! bahaha BUT I feel like poooooop. I don't remember feeling this bad with DD until about 10-11 weeks. The mornings I feel good, ready to go for the day. But by 4pm every evening I have a terrible sour stomach and insane heartburn. No amount of tums has been helpful. I have been trying to eat different foods as well to see what is less likely to make me sick. Less sodium, no pasta sauce etc (acidy stuff), eating all natural foods. Nothing seems to be helping. And when you feel like this, the days and weeks feel so long. I could drink milk or eat ice cream with DD and that would help with the heartburn, not the case now. Any suggestions??

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    Ugh, I'm so sorry you're feeling crummy !! I have gastritis and use maalox until 12wks then switch to nexium (taking prevacid right now until my appt...going to request a nexium prescription). Maalox is on the list of meds that are okay to take that my ob gave me .

    I hope you find some relief! My mom said, for her, the heartburn was the worst part about being pg with twins .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Ugh, I'm so sorry you're feeling crummy !! I have gastritis and use maalox until 12wks then switch to nexium (taking prevacid right now until my appt...going to request a nexium prescription). Maalox is on the list of meds that are okay to take that my ob gave me .

    I hope you find some relief! My mom said, for her, the heartburn was the worst part about being pg with twins .
    Maalox! I will pick some up today. I am willing to try anything. Thank yoooou!

  4. #64

    Default

    Your issues sound similar to mine and I started taking Zantac about two weeks ago and have had A LOT of relief.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  5. #65

    Default

    My doc said tums are ok... I personally eat them like candy when I have heartburn. I get the ones w calcium! ☺️

    Me(26) DH: Chris (30) Cassidee (3) Jazmine born 6/28/13 Austyn 7/10/14 MC 8/1/12

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Your issues sound similar to mine and I started taking Zantac about two weeks ago and have had A LOT of relief.
    That was on the "approved med" list my ob gave me too! I've never used it...is it a once-a-day thing? I'm assuming it's cheaper than prevacid (the generic is always sold out so I pay for the brand, ugh )??

    Afm...still feeling great for most of the day! After dinner is still bumpy, but manageable...lol, I ate skittles last night to curb the nausea , ya, not the best choice, but it did the trick and it's better than taking zofran, I think .

    Since I've gone 24hrs without bleeding and no pelvic or back pain I decided to do some very light cleaning this morning . I can't believe how mood boosting it is to have my bed made , oh the little victories, so rewarding!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  7. #67

    Default

    Kelly, Zantac can be used pre or post symptoms. I try to take it daily about 30 - 60 minutes before dinner as a preemptive strike.

    It probably is cheaper than Prevacid. I had a heck of a time in the heartburn aisle at Wal Mart because it appears that aluminum is used in some food coloring ... like "D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake" ... now I really didn't do too much research on whether or not that's something to avoid, BUT I saw "aluminum" and my brain said NO. I did find that the 150mg dosage has all that "aluminum lake" stuff in it, but the 75mg stuff does NOT have it.

    150mg: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed...b-7f82ca055ed3
    75mg: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed...b-a26462db9bf1

    Either dosage can be taken up to twice a day.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    Dorcas...thank you so much for the info! I'm going to talk with my dr about that and see if it'd be a better option. The PPIs are more aggressive and a milder med may be just as effective without as many side effects .

    I hadn't felt baby move much the last couple days which I know is normal at this point, but I was missing the baby flutters. Even when I listened with the doppler this morning she seemed to be "sleeping" or at least very still. Well, I'm thinking she must have had a growth spurt because just now I'm feeling her quite a bit higher than I had been earlier this week and the wiggles are all over...my little Mocha is getting big !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    I am usually not one to complain. Because, well, I did this to myself! bahaha BUT I feel like poooooop. I don't remember feeling this bad with DD until about 10-11 weeks. The mornings I feel good, ready to go for the day. But by 4pm every evening I have a terrible sour stomach and insane heartburn. No amount of tums has been helpful. I have been trying to eat different foods as well to see what is less likely to make me sick. Less sodium, no pasta sauce etc (acidy stuff), eating all natural foods. Nothing seems to be helping. And when you feel like this, the days and weeks feel so long. I could drink milk or eat ice cream with DD and that would help with the heartburn, not the case now. Any suggestions??
    Ug I was like that for weeeeeks. Really want to know what helped. Not kidding but eating and apple. Or apple sauce. Seriously. Apples settled my stomach for a while. Of course I would have to eat quickly after that but it settled the sour stomach feeling. I am sure your symptoms are double though. I would go to bed early and sleep off most of the nausea when I felt that way a few weeks ago.

    Brenda

  10. #70

    Default

    Ugh. I'm still getting the headaches. I've been doing the daily Claritin and Benadryl combo, as well as the saline rinse and I'm still getting them 1-2 times a week
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14


    Lost a loved baby 9/2012

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    Jen...I was just thinking of you today and wondering how you're doing! I'm so sorry you're still getting headaches, ugh !! Do your allergies usually let up at any point during the summer? Would running an air-conditioner or air-purifier where you sleep help? Praying you get some relief soon!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Home from work today and can barely function :-( The doctor gave me prescription samples for nausea for my cruise so tonight I am going to try them out. It's called Diclegis. It's a delayed release medicine. You take two pills before bed. I absolutely hate taking medication unless it's necessary so I've been holding out. But I have enough samples for 18 days. Anyone heard of it or tried it? So nervous about it!

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    Diclegis is actually a *very* safe med (category A in pg)...it's basically unisom and B6 .

    praying it helps! I'm so sorry you're feeling so crummy !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  14. #74

    Default

    Hey Ladies, Im finding now that every time I brush my teeth Im getting sick. Not complaining because as symptoms go this is it, but I would like to go to work with fresh breath....any tips??
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    Ugh. I'm still getting the headaches. I've been doing the daily Claritin and Benadryl combo, as well as the saline rinse and I'm still getting them 1-2 times a week
    OMG Jen- heres your sister...hayfever is awful! I find inhaling steam really helps also if you take a small amount of vaseline in put a small coating just at the entrence of your nostrils...it works for me a bit.
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttylynn View Post
    Hey Ladies, Im finding now that every time I brush my teeth Im getting sick. Not complaining because as symptoms go this is it, but I would like to go to work with fresh breath....any tips??
    Oh sheesh, that's frustrating !! Have you tried different flavors of toothpaste? Maybe try a kids' brand??
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  17. #77

    Default

    Thanks Kelly, I'll give that a try tonight (kids brands) but it seems the moment i put the toothbrush in my mouth my eyes start watering. Id like to still have teeth by the time this little one is born again, not complaining just a little frustrating
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  18. #78

    Default

    I have periodically had the gagging toothbrush problem and I just kinda try to go in, in short spurts if that makes sense. I certainly haven't been able to do a good tongue cleaning in awhile, but I can at least get clean teeth and fresh breath.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  19. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    3,586

    Default

    Is the the smell/taste/or sensation of brushing that is getting to you? Maybe all three...

    If it's the smell you can pinch your nose and do it fast and then rinse well. If it's the taste, try something else. If it's the sensation...yikes, idk, that one's tough. I've dealt with all three and the sensation one was the worst. You could try a wet washcloth, just to do something and the sensation is different although not super great either.

    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

  20. #80

    Default

    Brushing teeth problem is a bit better today although Im not feeling great. Exhausted and low tummy ache every now and then...just generally uncomfortable. Got a scan tomorrow evening though so will be put at ease then. Meanwhile prune juise it is
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  21. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    Is the the smell/taste/or sensation of brushing that is getting to you? Maybe all three...

    If it's the smell you can pinch your nose and do it fast and then rinse well. If it's the taste, try something else. If it's the sensation...yikes, idk, that one's tough. I've dealt with all three and the sensation one was the worst. You could try a wet washcloth, just to do something and the sensation is different although not super great either.

    Its everything I think. I guess baby just dosent want me to have teeth left
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  22. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    I can't wait to hear how your scan goes !!!!

    LOL, I am shamefully bad at caring for my teeth during early pg...no aversion to anything specific, it's just the exhaustion . I usually manage to get them brushed in the morning, but at night I just want to cry thinking about one more thing keeping me from my bed, lol !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  23. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    Lynn... Happy 11wks!!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  24. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Back to work today, I've been out of the office because of nausea and sickness since last Thursday. I think the Diclegis is starting to work because I am able to function today! Hooray for getting out of bed and brushing my hair. lol Forcing myself to eat because I actually do feel a lot better when I have just eaten. Been consuming way too many carbs I know that for sure. Hope everyone is doing ok!!!

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    so glad you're feeling a bit better Rachel!! LOL, every time I do my hair now the kids ask where I'm going...when you feel so crummy some things just don't happen on a daily basis !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  26. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Lynn... Happy 11wks!!!!!
    Whoooooo hoooooo thanks Kelly!!! Wish I felt as good as these
    Will let you know tomorrow how the scan gose. Quick question, where did you buy your doppler?
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  27. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttylynn View Post
    Quick question, where did you buy your doppler?
    A friend graciously gave me hers . I'm not sure where she purchased it though. Mine is called Sonotrax...maybe try ebay or amazon ??
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  28. #88

    Default

    okie dokes, I'll have a look. thank you
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  29. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    I have the Sonoline B Pocket Doppler, works great. Got it for $80 three years ago, you can get them cheaper nowadays. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocket-Fetal...89#ht_82wt_782

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    I've been having some breakthrough gastritis symptoms so when I talked with the nurse today about my asthma I put in a request for Nexium which has always worked great for me .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •