Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 139

Thread: How is everyone feeling?

  1. #91

    Default

    Hello All,

    So went for a scan yesterday afternoon and I brought my son and daughter along.
    They were so excited to see 'peanut'. Although Peanut was very lazy and didnt put on much of a show.`Peanut was sleeping...we poked, I coughed, I laughed but little peanut stayed asleep. I was recording all this on my phone. After a little while my battery died and the nurse was just going to measure the baby when all of a sudden peanut decided to wave, kick and twist and dance. Was so funny. Cant believe I didnt catch it on video Anyways baby measured 12 weeks instead of 11 and heartbeat looked great. So all going well so far. Still swear I can feel swooshing feeling in my belly....which is fantastic
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Hooray for a great appointment!!!

  3. #93

    Default

    I love taking the boys to my appointments for their enjoyment of it!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  4. #94

    Default

    Thanks so much! Was a lovely time. The kids fascination with the baby was so heart warming!! Of course my little girl couldn't wait to tell her teacher this morning about it.

  5. #95

    Default

    My work week has been absolutely hellish. The big project that we're working on is really coming to a head and it has just been a really rough time.

    Thankfully I have 1.5 days off next week and then it's also a long weekend for the holiday so I'll have 4.5 work-free days, even if I'm spending part of that time attending a wedding I couldn't care less about. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  6. #96

    Default

    Ahhh Dorcas, I'm so sorry about your stress! I really hope all works out quickly for you!!! Yay for days off!!!!!

  7. #97

    Default

    Bad work weeks are awful. Well at least at the wedding you can get free food...right

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,274

    Default

    Lynn...awww, that is just precious !!!

    Dorcas... praying the time between now and some R&R goes quickly!

    Afm...Absolutely no m/s while in the hospital and other than the asthma issues this week I feel totally normal! Very thankful to be in the 2nd tri and feeling better !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  9. #99

    Default

    Thanks ladies! I got through Friday and then I felt free! Tomorrow is Simon's birthday. We did his party today, though. We had a really great time and he LOVED the Strawberry cake his MaMa made for him. He loves EVERYTHING strawberry.

    The weather is supposed to be great tomorrow, so I'm hoping for some park time with the kids.

    We cleaned the house like crazy this morning before the party, so I'm looking forward to enjoying a clean house.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    East China MI
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Ugh Dorcas I hear you on work! My boss recently quit so I'm overseeing some things while they find us a new district manager. The last 3 days have been 10 hour days helping open a new store. I'm so physically and mentally drained and now I have to go back to my store and work Sunday to Wednesday. Luckily I have next Thursday and Friday off

    Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,274

    Default

    Yaay Dorcas, you're a free woman for a few days! Happy Birthday Simon!!! awww, so glad to hear he had a great bday party! And a clean house to boot, that's awesome...I hope you guys get to enjoy the beautiful weather at the park today .

    Jess, praying the next few days go by quickly for you so you can enjoy some R&R during your time off !

    Afm...feeling really good! The symbicort, prednisone, and flonase seem to be doing their job...breathing is good . I've been completely m/s free for almost a week , but having some reflux/gastritis stuff so I'm looking forward to talking with my OB tomorrow about switching from prevacid to nexium . My energy levels are getting back to normal too which is great! Oh, and no spotting since last Wednesday which is the longest I've gone since it started !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  12. Default

    Awesome news all the way around, Kelly! ;) So glad that you're feeling better and the spotting has been gone for so long! Woot!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  13. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Holy constipation....what to ya'll take for the constipation? I don't think I have ever dealt with constipation before.... I usually have the opposite....lol
    Lizzy
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

  14. Default

    I've never really taken anything for constipation ... just tried to eat foods high in fiber and get everything to pass.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  15. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Yes what Dorcas said. High fiber foods such as cereals (raisin bran, mini wheats, etc), snack bars (FiberOne brand). And then you have fruits and veggies that are nature's aid to constipation.

  16. Default

    I've also turned to nuts, as well.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  17. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    823

    Default

    I haven't taken anything for it...I am still trying to just keep food down.... I have been drinking plenty of fluids and trying to eat high fibers when I am able to handle them. I think part of it is the Zofran...
    I am trying to exercise (although this past week it hasn't happened)......I also think part of the fact why it is so bothersome to me right now is because I really haven't had to deal with this ever before (the constipation)....I usually have the opposite issue...
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Have to stay hydrated too! It's crazy how just a few hours of thirst can turn into constipation the next few days. Happens to me when I am away from home and didn't plan ahead and bring water and drinks with me. Like road trips or parties.

  19. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Yaay Dorcas, you're a free woman for a few days! Happy Birthday Simon!!! awww, so glad to hear he had a great bday party! And a clean house to boot, that's awesome...I hope you guys get to enjoy the beautiful weather at the park today .

    Jess, praying the next few days go by quickly for you so you can enjoy some R&R during your time off !

    Afm...feeling really good! The symbicort, prednisone, and flonase seem to be doing their job...breathing is good . I've been completely m/s free for almost a week , but having some reflux/gastritis stuff so I'm looking forward to talking with my OB tomorrow about switching from prevacid to nexium . My energy levels are getting back to normal too which is great! Oh, and no spotting since last Wednesday which is the longest I've gone since it started !
    So glad youre feeling better Kelly!!!!
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  20. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Have to stay hydrated too! It's crazy how just a few hours of thirst can turn into constipation the next few days. Happens to me when I am away from home and didn't plan ahead and bring water and drinks with me. Like road trips or parties.
    Totally agree! Water is doing the trick for me...sometimes a little too well
    I also tried prune juice..............oh my word what an awful taste!!! I was getting terrible gas pains but it helped.

    So Im starting to feel pretty good over here. Exhaustion is not as bad anymore and Im starting to feel more human.
    Ofcourse this sent me into a whole world of worry then that something is wrong. I went on the internet and orderd an Angelsounds doppler. I got it yesterday. Tried it straight away but couldnt find peanut at all. I was trying on and off for about 2 hours. Eventually just before bed I found his/her little heartbeat! much lower than i thought but I was so so happy. I lay there listening for about 3 minutes then peanut kicked and moved away. Its amazing how wonderful I slept after those 3 little minutes.
    I also bought myself a pair of pregnancy yoga pants...........why has nobody ever told me about how comfortable my life would be??? I want to live in them! I wonder if I can get away with wearing them to work???

    Anyhoo just a tiny update from my side. Hope you are all well!
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  21. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,274

    Default

    Lizzy, ugh, I'm sooo sorry you're dealing with constipation, seriously, that is just miserable ! And I really feel like the constipation from zofran is not the run-of-the-mill type...I felt like I tried everything in addition to my already high fiber diet and 60+oz of water/d. It's like your intestines just shut down and don't move everything through. I had left-over Reglan which was prescribed for slow motility due to something else so I alternated it with the zofran and it worked much better (zofran in am and Reglan in pm). I've used it several times and have never had side effects, but I hear they can be unpleasant so I know it's not for everyone...just thought I'd mention it .

    Lynn... for feeling better!!! LOL, but ya, it can cause more worry because now that we feel better and we're not really feeling baby move regularly so we're left to wonder if maybe things aren't going as well as they seem !!!! I'm so excited you got a doppler and found your little one, eeep, so happy for you !! Most beautiful pg sound ever !!!!!!!

    Afm...so thankful to be feeling so much better! I seriously think I've been not breathing well since Easter after I spent the entire day outside (outdoor allergies) and had a brief encounter with cats...used my rescue inhaler every 4hrs for a couple days because I could feel a reaction coming on, but thought I dodged it. Now that I'm on these new meds I seriously feel so much more like myself ! I am actually going to need to cut back on coffee because it's giving me the jitters even though I'm drinking the same amount as always .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  22. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Lizzy, ugh, I'm sooo sorry you're dealing with constipation, seriously, that is just miserable ! And I really feel like the constipation from zofran is not the run-of-the-mill type...I felt like I tried everything in addition to my already high fiber diet and 60+oz of water/d. It's like your intestines just shut down and don't move everything through. I had left-over Reglan which was prescribed for slow motility due to something else so I alternated it with the zofran and it worked much better (zofran in am and Reglan in pm). I've used it several times and have never had side effects, but I hear they can be unpleasant so I know it's not for everyone...just thought I'd mention it .

    Lynn... for feeling better!!! LOL, but ya, it can cause more worry because now that we feel better and we're not really feeling baby move regularly so we're left to wonder if maybe things aren't going as well as they seem !!!! I'm so excited you got a doppler and found your little one, eeep, so happy for you !! Most beautiful pg sound ever !!!!!!!

    Afm...so thankful to be feeling so much better! I seriously think I've been not breathing well since Easter after I spent the entire day outside (outdoor allergies) and had a brief encounter with cats...used my rescue inhaler every 4hrs for a couple days because I could feel a reaction coming on, but thought I dodged it. Now that I'm on these new meds I seriously feel so much more like myself ! I am actually going to need to cut back on coffee because it's giving me the jitters even though I'm drinking the same amount as always .
    Thank you Kelly, I will try again tonight. I know I shouldnt but I will
    Glad youre feeling better too. Praying for smooth sailing from here on out.
    ooo Coffee....I used to love coffee and drank so much of it. But apparently baby isnt fond of it and Ive totally lost the taste for coffee. Im loving tea right now- which is so not like me
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  23. #113

    Default

    My new symptom is pregnancy insomnia. I wake around 5 am and can't get back to sleep. Plus little bit of heartburn is starting. You know I think I'm having a slight dairy allergy. I have heard of women having milk allergies just when they are pregnant. And I am finding the days I get nauseous Ialways have cereal with milk or a glass of milk with breakfast. Weird...

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,274

    Default

    Brenda...ugh, insomnia! I usually struggle with insomnia during the 1st tri, but I was taking benadryl for m/s and allergies so I slept through it (well, sort of...co-sleeping with a toddler who doesn't sleep well woke me up a few times per night, but I was able to fall back to sleep quickly). It sure is miserable though and I hope it eases up for you soon !

    I'm lactose intolerant pg or not and I do well with the lactose-free milk...maybe something to try?? I can usually tolerate a small amount of cheese, yogurt, or ice cream, but it's the only thing that still causes nausea for me...kinda sad, missing my greek yogurt and string cheese!

    AFM...feeling not pregnant actually !!! My waist is thick and my bbs are still a little sore, but for the most part I really just don't feel pg. If it weren't for my doppler I'd worry, lol, but Mocha sounds great . I actually feel better than I have in years which I think is due to: being on the right asthma/allergy meds, 2y/o toddler is sttn better, eating more healthfully now that the m/s is gone, and being on the right dose of thyroid meds . Honestly though, I'm one of those weird people who tend to feel better in the 2nd/3rd tri of pg and bfing than I do when I'm not...always have for some reason, must be a hormonal thing .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  25. #115

    Default

    Thats great Kelly! So nice that youre feeling better. I really hope you can enjoy your pregnancy now.
    The dopplers are really so great. Ive been listening to my peanut once a day since i got it and its so reassuring.
    Im still suffering from the gagging and vomiting while brushing my teeth. Its not the toothpaste. its the sensation of brushing my teeth. Another thing is bleeding gums. Horrible metalic taste in my mouth almost all day.
    I have a dr appointment tomorrow so I will see what they say there. oh and my exhaustion has returned
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014



  26. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Brenda...ugh, insomnia! I usually struggle with insomnia during the 1st tri, but I was taking benadryl for m/s and allergies so I slept through it (well, sort of...co-sleeping with a toddler who doesn't sleep well woke me up a few times per night, but I was able to fall back to sleep quickly). It sure is miserable though and I hope it eases up for you soon !

    I'm lactose intolerant pg or not and I do well with the lactose-free milk...maybe something to try?? I can usually tolerate a small amount of cheese, yogurt, or ice cream, but it's the only thing that still causes nausea for me...kinda sad, missing my greek yogurt and string cheese!

    AFM...feeling not pregnant actually !!! My waist is thick and my bbs are still a little sore, but for the most part I really just don't feel pg. If it weren't for my doppler I'd worry, lol, but Mocha sounds great . I actually feel better than I have in years which I think is due to: being on the right asthma/allergy meds, 2y/o toddler is sttn better, eating more healthfully now that the m/s is gone, and being on the right dose of thyroid meds . Honestly though, I'm one of those weird people who tend to feel better in the 2nd/3rd tri of pg and bfing than I do when I'm not...always have for some reason, must be a hormonal thing .
    Yes I miss greek yogurt too. But Ifind if I have any about 1 hour later I just don't feel right. So now I don't even desire it. Maybe it will come back to me. I didn't have any of this with the boys. So allllll of these weird symptoms and stuff is new. But that's ok. Feeling very blessed to have another little one on the way.

    The bunkbeds I ordered are in! So I'm going to spend the weekend and next week with my mom and DH getting the "big boy" room ready for the boys to move into it together. I'm doing an old world explorer theme. With a "map wall" of old maps. A ship wheel clock. An old treasure chest. It's not babyish and should grow with them for many years. The one thing I am missing are some old wooden ship oars. I was thinking of mounting them next to the door and using them as growing measure sticks! One for each boy. And I'm missing a cool mirror. The colors are a very neutral pallet so i'm now looking for accent pieces that will pop. Probably in a sea blue or burn orange or forest green. But that will all come in time. The boys are excited about rooming together. I am thankful they get along for the most part.

    I am glad you are doing well!!! And glad that Mocha sounds great for you. I am so thankful that your breathing is better. It is probably helping to contribute to the overall feeling so good. All that fresh oxygen. How is homeschooling going? I just ordered Isaiah's curriculum for next year. It will be in end of July. I plan to start August 11.

    Brenda

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,274

    Default

    Lynn...praying for a great appt today !

    Brenda...yaaay for bunkbeds! Oh my word I just love your old world explorer theme idea!!! I'd love to see pics of the process if you don't mind posting them...I love remodels (I'm terrible at it and lack creativity, lol, but love it just the same )!!

    I am 99% done with school for the year! We are completely done with the actual schoolwork side of things, but I'm waiting on my kids' grade reports from the home school co-op classes so I can finish the paperwork/transcripts . MI laws are very lenient so technically I don't have to keep the paperwork/records I do, but I don't want to risk the laws changing and having to scramble to pull more than a decade of schoolwork for 9 kids together to meet state requirements.

    I'm excited to order everything for next year! I'll be ordering everything in July .

    So, my boys pulled out the carpet from their room downstairs yesterday. Our staircase to the w/o basement is open and I could smell the mold/mildew from up here ! I went down there a couple hours after the carpet was thrown outside to supervise clean up (we're still in process since their room needed cleaning out too). Oy, my allergies were a mess...eyes, nose, throat, chest, everything was irritated! I coughed a lot and feel tight this morning (I'm hoarse) but it doesn't seem to be getting worse and my breathing/oxygen is good (I have an oximeter and peak flow meter). Hopefully that means the new meds are working ! The A/C has been going the last few days (24hrs/d) too so I think that'll help clear any mold/mildew spores floating around.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  28. #118

    Default

    Kelly, mildew is so tough to get rid of! Hope you're able to get rid of it soon! Especially with your lungs.

    Just back from my appointment and it went so well. Baby was full of movements an the dr found it difficult to get a proper picture cause of all the wriggles. She got a really cute one eventually and it looks like baby is upside down sticking his/her butt in the air. So I should only be 12 +2 but baby measured 13 weeks so my due date has been changed to 28 November. I'm over the moon cause that means that even if I go over baby will he here for Christmas . I'm so happy right now that all looks so fantastic. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Much love xxxx

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,274

    Default

    Yaaaay Lynn, great update !!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  30. #120
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,274

    Default

    Pregnancy-wise I'm feeling great still ! I had some nausea over the weekend, but I think it was gastritis related because I had chips and salsa...tomatoes and spicy foods are a big no-no, but I love spicy food so I indulged and paid for it later . It's all fine now, but I've learned my lesson, lol, and will be more discerning from now on...although, looking forward to getting the nexium (should be in the mail today) which will reduce most, if not all, of the breakthrough nausea/burning.

    I'm not sure what to think about my asthma/allergies though . I spent last week deep cleaning the house, went for a walk with dh Sunday evening, and my SIL and her family were here Sunday morning/afternoon (they own indoor cats...yup, I am that sensitive to cats). I've felt great since after my hospital stay until Sunday, and then woke up yesterday morning with a lot of nasal/chest congestion, irritation (eyes, sinuses, throat, chest), productive cough (clear), left-sided chest pain when I lean forward, laugh, or breath in deeply, and shortness of breath (although my breathing feels okay otherwise...not labored or tight, just feel winded). Anyway, my numbers are all good...a little lower than average for me, but well within my "safe" range (peak flow, HR, oxygen sat, and spirometer). So I know my allergies are bothering me, hence the symptoms, but I'm not sure how to separate asthma symptoms from allergy symptoms or if they're essentially the same thing. With my numbers looking fine I don't feel comfortable using my rescue inhaler since I'm not sure it would even help (I'm thinking my large airways are fine, but maybe my smaller airways are inflamed ??). Ugh, just looking forward to seeing the pulm dr so I have someone I can ask...I'll likely call my OB today to see if I'm supposed to be using my inhaler under these circumstances or if it's just something to ride out.

    In the meantime I'm going to look into getting a mask to reduce the amount of dust, chemical, and mold/mildew my airways are exposed to when I'm deep cleaning the house or doing yardwork. Oh, and I moved all of my houseplants outside...I know some of them can actually reduce indoor pollution, but I'm concerned about the dust and mold/mildew potential which I feel is a greater risk than the benefits they might have.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •