Thread: Freezer meals

Default Freezer meals

I've been doing a lot of research on freezer meals for post-baby so I thought I'd share. Feel free to add advice, comments, other links or whatever!

At first I was just looking for easy dinner ideas but the more sites I read, it occurred to me that I'm not just going to be too hungry or tired to cook dinner--but other meals too, duh!

Meal Ideas
    Breakfast: smoothies, muffins, pancakes, burritos
    Lunch: burritos/wraps -- (could use more ideas here) / eat dinner leftovers
    Snacks: smoothies, cookies (if you're making lactation cookies those freeze well too)
    Dinners: lasagna, shredded chicken, seasoned ground beef/turkey, soups/stews/chili, crockpot meals, casseroles, spaghetti sauce (with or without meat), ravioli/tortellini, meat patties like burgers or fish cakes

Helpful Links
    My Pinterest Food Board
    Pioneer Woman Freezer Meals
    Freezer Meals for Expecting Moms -- has the burritos!
    50 freezer meals -- not all these are meals, unless you eat salsa as a meal hahaha
    50 ALL meals list -- has helpful tips for preparing a day of freezer cooking
    Crockpot freezer meals
    More recipes for freezer meals -- also has helpful tips for what to do
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Made ahead freezer meals are amazing! I recommend it! Plus my family brings a few refrigerator meals right after birth so that helps.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

YES, freezer meals are awesome. Ironically, before I got pregnant I did really well cooking ahead and freezing and it was great. Then the holidays hit, and I couldn't keep up with it, so depleted my stash. Of course, my conception date is about two weeks after the holidays, and from that point on I felt like death warmed over, so needless to say, what little stash was left, I used up! Naturally now I have NONE. I gotta get back on that!

I use http://onceamonthmeals.com/ most often. It's pretty great! But I've pretty much taken to just cooking too much every time I cook and freezing the left overs, too. It works in a pinch!

I also used onceanonthmom. Also 5 dollar dinners
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Girl, get a crock pot or two. www.crockingirls.com is the best for slower cooker meals IMHO.

Also, I'm really into spinach quesadillas for lunch these days. Super easy to throw together, and somewhat healthy with the spinach
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Yes, crock pots are awesome!! I like to prepare the crock pot meal ahead of time, freeze it, and then it's really easy to prep morning off.