Thread: Mom of Girls Help! TMI

Default Mom of Girls Help! TMI

Sophia was sitting on her potty I walked away to pinch her pull up which took just a second and came back. When I came back I took a look if she peed and notice blood on one of her fingers. I got her up from her potty to see where it was from I wiped her privates and there was tiny drops of blood when I wiped her. I think she probably scratched herself but, a few hours later after her bath its still red and almost looks like a bit of blood. Do you all think when she scratched it was just too much and could it take a day to heal? I clipped her nails really well after I noticed the first time and she had a good bath I put some Destatin on her. Is it possible it could be an UTI instead of a scratch? I just noticed it today. I will look and if its still worrisome tomorrow I will call the Peditrician but, if all looks okay I won't and wait and see.
    *** Lindsay ***

Blog Entries

I would think that she just scratched herself when she wiped - and she might have wiped hard. I would not think that it would be a UTI especially since the area is reddened.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Do you see a scratch anywhere? That area bleeds a lot so if she did it could account for it. I would definitely keep an eye on it but it sounds like you are handling it properly imo.

Did she poop recently? She may have had a hemorrhoid which when ruptured can bleed for a while especially when sitting on the potty.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Yes, your plan sounds good. Happened a few months ago with Brooke, but she fell on top of a scooter and landed "there" she gad a bruise and a little spotting that was concerning, but it only happened a few times and was gone the next day. Just keep an eye on it.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Quote Originally Posted by macksmom View Post
    Do you see a scratch anywhere? That area bleeds a lot so if she did it could account for it. I would definitely keep an eye on it but it sounds like you are handling it properly imo.

Did she poop recently? She may have had a hemorrhoid which when ruptured can bleed for a while especially when sitting on the potty.
    She pooped twice today which usually she only goes once but, it wasn't an abnormal BM and I didn't actually see a scratch but, I guessed it probably since their was blood on her finger tip and blood when I wiped her privates. I also asked her "Did you scratch with your nails"? She replied yes granted she is 2.5 but, I think she knows what I am asking. I was so worried because it seems like it would be so painful though she didn't really seem to be bothered which is good. I know next time I will wait until she is done to walk away even for short time while in the bathroom. I just feel bad I thought throwing away the pull up real quick would have been a big deal because she hasn't actually gone in the potty expect for the 1st time ever which was weeks ago so I thought she might want to be alone for a second. We encourage her and she gets so excited "Try to potty" she says. So we take her in there about every hour and when she requests it too.
    Last edited by mom2CodySophia0811; 04-27-2014 at 07:48 PM.
    *** Lindsay ***

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    Yes, your plan sounds good. Happened a few months ago with Brooke, but she fell on top of a scooter and landed "there" she gad a bruise and a little spotting that was concerning, but it only happened a few times and was gone the next day. Just keep an eye on it.
    Kids bounce back so well I will update tomorrow.
    *** Lindsay ***

I agree, I think you are handling it properly. I'm sure it'll be fine tomorrow!
    Jennifer

Update- Everyone this morning was totally fine with Sophia no spotting still some slight irritation but, nothing I am worried about at this point. Thanks all for the feedback.
    *** Lindsay ***

Glad to hear she's better today!
    Jennifer