Thread: Gastritis :(

Default Gastritis :(

So, the last 3 days my nausea has gotten progressively worse and today, I had a lot of break-through nausea after I took zofran. I started getting a headache this afternoon, got weak/shaky feeling, and extremely tired...when the burning pain in my stomach started I finally realized what the problem was . I have had gastritis with my last two babies and started nexium at 12wks for it...I thought I was going to get to skip out this time since I haven't been having much heartburn/reflux and the maalox was helping. I'm calling my dr on Monday...I have prevacid here I can take in the mean time.

At least I know what it is .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Hope ya start to feel better soon!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Ugh, sorry you didn't get to skip out on it, but glad you have medicine you can take.

I'm having a gas episode at the moment (pain in the back) and I'm bummed since I haven't had any issues in a week, but on the flip side at least I got a week-long break!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Ooooooo, bummer kelly. I always get indigestion and heart burn but more toward the middle when I have a belly. I swear even drinking an once of water cause the worst pain in my chest and bounces up and down in my throat sounds like nothing compared to what you are dealing with! wish pregnancy could simply be joyous...ex nay all those uncomfortable additives!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I took maalox last night which helped and prevacid this morning .

I was told mine is pg-induced since I only get it during pg and the first 6months pp...it's a bummer for sure and I can't help but wonder if it's related to the aspirin usage .

I was supposed to go for an endoscopy after my dd was born, but I was bfing and didn't want to pump-and-dump...well, lol, she ended up bfing through my entire next pg and I nursed both kiddos for 15months afterwards. By then, the gastritis was gone .

Anyway, I know once I start nexium I'll feel world's better within a few days

my acid reflux gets awful during pg. This time I use homeopathy and it works wonders. Milk also helps me. From time to time I get gastritis like episodes and I just stop eating. As a child I had it and had gall bladder problem which I outgrew but I do remember I was told no aspirin as it irritates the stomach lining badly.
    Hope you can control it and not suffer as much! !!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    my acid reflux gets awful during pg. This time I use homeopathy and it works wonders. Milk also helps me. From time to time I get gastritis like episodes and I just stop eating. As a child I had it and had gall bladder problem which I outgrew but I do remember I was told no aspirin as it irritates the stomach lining badly.
    Hope you can control it and not suffer as much! !!
    Thanks Varya ! The prevacid is working great!! I'm still going to ask my dr to call in something since it's a lot cheaper through ins than otc . I think my m/s earlier this week was actually the gastritis since I feel much better now. I still have some residual nausea and food has to sound good for me to be able to eat it, but this is a big improvement !!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    I took maalox last night which helped and prevacid this morning .

I was told mine is pg-induced since I only get it during pg and the first 6months pp...it's a bummer for sure and I can't help but wonder if it's related to the aspirin usage .

I was supposed to go for an endoscopy after my dd was born, but I was bfing and didn't want to pump-and-dump...well, lol, she ended up bfing through my entire next pg and I nursed both kiddos for 15months afterwards. By then, the gastritis was gone .

Anyway, I know once I start nexium I'll feel world's better within a few days
    I was just wondering about this! I was questioning my breast feeding....
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks