Thread: 12 Day Period?

Default 12 Day Period?

Hey ladies,

So the past couple cycles my period was lighter, but this cycle my period started out with usual spotting, I had a bit of heavier bleeding, not my usual heavy by any means, and it has picked up the past few days when it had started to taper off like I was finishing. I am CD 12 now though and still on my period... Anyone have this happen, should I be concerned. I was making a conscious effort the past week to eat a lot earthier more water more veggies, Etc getting a work out in everyday. Could this have affected my period length? Thanks!
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...

I have had 2 similar experiences once I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured and the other time, like you I had been have lighter cycles before and the Dr said I was finally cleaning out and making up for lighter cycles. Dr said it was nothing to be concerned about unless my cycles continuef to be that way.Btw I became pregnant that cycle.

Are you just coming off any form of birth control? My first AF after having my mirena removed was 10 days long. I believe it was just my body regulating things.

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't been on any bc for years now . I think it could be the make up for lighter cycles. Hope I get preggers too! . In the mean time going to maintain exercising and eating good.

Hmm that's strange.... I'd say if it happens again, call your doctor. But in the mean time, I think if you feel fine otherwise, it's probably just a fluke or a cyst.

Thought I would share an update. Bleeding is still heavy and passing a lot
    Of clots... Could this be a possible missed mc? I took hpt tests the past
    Couple months, no positives and I know I didn't feel pregnant. Just curious. I also haven't had cramping like I did the last time... Just a long period, and guess my body is making up for not having had one... How do I reset my cycle calculations to compensate for such a long cycle??