Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: I feel ADD

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default I feel ADD

    I simply cannot focus at work. I feel like i have ADD. Anyone else feeling this way??
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    666

    Default

    LOL. Yes. I feel that way just about everyday now. I know it is because I am anxious to stat my maternity leave.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swalt01 View Post
    LOL. Yes. I feel that way just about everyday now. I know it is because I am anxious to stat my maternity leave.
    I'm sure you are!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,158

    Default

    Yep. I already have ADHD. I pretty much lose my marbles during pregnancy. I forget things a lot, I daydream more... lol its pretty normal!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaToe88 View Post
    Yep. I already have ADHD. I pretty much lose my marbles during pregnancy. I forget things a lot, I daydream more... lol its pretty normal!
    Thanks for the reassurance. Do you think it's worse with each subsequent pregnancy? I'm having more issues at work than I am at home, though I can think of some home examples. I don't recall it being this bad with my last two, but I also have a higher title and manage people this time around.

    I'm sorry you're dealing with ADHD and Pregnancy ADD! Though, not sorry you're pregnant, of course!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaToe88 View Post
    Yep. I already have ADHD. I pretty much lose my marbles during pregnancy. I forget things a lot, I daydream more... lol its pretty normal!
    Ditto . Although I'm not daydreaming so much as hyper-focusing and neglecting things (which is part of my problem with hypoglycemia...lose track of time, when I ate last, etc...Dh thinks I'm crazy that I actually forget to eat, lol ).

    With my body not able to handle my usual level of activity, my brain is just not coping . It shouldn't be much longer though until I start feeling well enough on a daily basis to get back to my usual routine, lol, if the chaos hasn't taken over by then .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    3,586

    Default

    My mind wanders a lot. I feel like I have to concentrate very hard when I'm driving or something bad will happen. I guess it's a good thing I don't have many places to go!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,158

    Default

    It got worse with my first two, but not as significant with this one. I had a larger gap between my 2nd and 3rd and I also did a lot of working out and eating healthy, I think focusing on my health helped a ton.

    I've had a really hard time completing tasks though. I'm behind on all my housework because I can't stay committed to it. LOL
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    I remember having to focus when doing important tasks like driving! Ever had that moment where you went, "how did I get here! I don't recall if the signals were green or red....how many times did I stop?!?!" Truly, freaked me out! But it's only had a few times and only while pregnant. Not yet this round though!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

    12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    I remember having to focus when doing important tasks like driving! Ever had that moment where you went, "how did I get here! I don't recall if the signals were green or red....how many times did I stop?!?!" Truly, freaked me out! But it's only had a few times and only while pregnant. Not yet this round though!
    This is me ALL THE TIME! Like I'm conscious while I'm driving but when I get there I'm like wait...... just wait...what? And then I make sure I didn't forget my kids or something, because I don't really remember the details of the drive. LOL I have a pretty good driving record too. LOL
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaToe88 View Post
    This is me ALL THE TIME! Like I'm conscious while I'm driving but when I get there I'm like wait...... just wait...what? And then I make sure I didn't forget my kids or something, because I don't really remember the details of the drive. LOL I have a pretty good driving record too. LOL
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

    12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,736

    Default

    I pretty much forget what I was going to the room for and that I had to pee only to sit down and jump up to run back to the bathroom lol
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •