Thread: Membrane Stripping

Hybrid View

Default Membrane Stripping

Does anyone have any experience with having their membranes stripped? For anyone that has had it done, did it work and if so, how long did it take before you noticed it was working? My dr said it is a 50/50 shot that it will work and that if it hasn't worked in 72 hrs that it didn't work. She said that if nothing happens she will recheck me at my appt next Tuesday. I am still 1cm dialted and 50% effaced. So if it doens't work, hopefully it helps with my progression.

Mine hurt and did not work... however, they ended up inducing me before the 72hr mark.

Mine hurt more than I thought it would. All the posts I have read say it is uncomfortable, but felt like a cervix check. Mine did not feel that way at all. I am not sore at all today and so far except for some bleeding and feeling him move alot more, i am not noticing anything different. I guess I am just impatient and want to know if it is working.

I cannot even tell you if I've ever had it done but I've delivered at or before 39weeks. I think I sort of recall a comment by my OB at a 37 or 38 week check with DD, I was at 1cm and I think she mention she just stripped. Didn't notice and it was no big deal to me whether I had it done or not.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

It sounds painful but I would do it. I've read a ton of positive stories about it working for the ladies on the babycenter forum. I hope it gets things moving for you!

I'm pretty sure my ob did it twice for me this go around. After the first time I spent 3 days losing mucus plug no contractions. The 2nd time I was induced the next day. He didn't say he was doing it but those 2 times hurt way worse then any other cervix checks I have ever had!

I can't believe that a dr would do it without permission or letting you know first. It was so painful that you would think that they would let you know first. So far no contractions, just some af cramps last night in my lower back. I had some bloody discharge yesterday but I don't think it was my plug. The dr told me I would have spotting so I am sure that is all that it was. I have a feeling that it isn't going to work so I just have to wait for him to come on his own. I had no progression when I got checked on Monday so hopefully when I go Tuesday I will show some progression. Maybe the stripping will help in that way. Unless I have a bishop score of 8 or higher they can't induce before my due date and at 41 weeks I can get an induction. I am in so much pain with my back that I can hardly stand it. I have even had to miss a few days of work because I couldn't even get out of bed it was so bad. If it wasn't for my back I wouldn't be trying to have him already and I would just wait it out.

So sorry you're having so much pain! hang in there mama.
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Hang in there it will soon be over! My doctor just said he was trying to rough things up a bit lol