Thread: Back labor

Default Back labor

I am sorry for all the questions, but being a FTM I am clueless. LOL So last night I was having af like cramping on and off in my back on the lower right side, which makes sense since he is pretty much on my right side 99.9% of the time. I didn't think anything of it because I have had back pain during the whole pregnancy. I decided to look up what back labor is and I think that what I felt last night were contractions. I know it isn't related to his postion since he is head down and facing my spine. I did read that if you experience your mentstral cramps in your lower back you have a higher chance of having back labor. Has anyone had back labor before and if so what were the symptoms? I am still having the cramping on and off today, but it is more uncomfortable and just a little bit of pain. Nothing so bad that I can't work thru it.

Weird, I thought back labor was only when they are facing sunny side up, not rear facing. Maybe not?

I hear back labor is terrible too! Sending lots of

See if this helps at all: Spinning Babies, first things to do in labor
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I've never had back labor so I'm of no help. I hope someone can help you though.

Back labor is soooo unbelievably intense as labor progresses! I literally can not describe it but the closets thing I can say is someone shoving a branding iron into your tailbone/lower back area....then sort of like your butt is going to explode.

Early back labor feels like a bad ache I the same area with pressure. This is just my experience though. All of my kids have been sunny side up so I don't know any other way to labor.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I am o course not pregnant right now but I had back labor. It is horrible! Worse pain ever. Mine was because of my daughter facing up not towards my spine. When I had BH contractions they were always in my back. When I went into actual labor, it was all in my back. I could barely walk.
    *Sara-27**Lee-27* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

Yes! When you start getting further into active labor the back pain will send you to your knees
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

It sounds like that may be what I am having, but mine is due to always having my mentrals cramps in my back, not is not related to the position. I always thought it had to do with the postion of the baby. No idea that having mentstral cramps in your back could be a factor. Righ now it is all on my right side righ above my butt. In fact today the pain seems to be in my back and my butt. It is making it hard to walk. So far, they aren't too intense so I will have to see if they progress.

Effacement causes a backache for me . I always have low back pain at the end as baby descends...dh applies counter-pressure by massaging my sacrum and it helps soooo much...so does being in the shower or a jacuzzi with the jets on my low back.

Like Brittany said, back labor due to a posterior baby is intense...felt like my low back was going to split in half, nothing helped, and I definitely didn't want anyone touching my back !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

This sounds awful. I hope this means progress for you Sarah

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Back labour hurts. Can't sugar coat it. It sounds like you are starting to experience it. Fingers crossed this is the beginning and you will have the baby soon!!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook