Thread: U/S Today :)

Default U/S Today :)

All is well with the little one. I got to see fingers and toes and moving around, it was cool. I am having the MatterniT21 so we did measurements aplenty and blood tests too. Should get results back in a week which include knowing the sex!

Baby is still measuring about 6 days ahead, not quite enough to change my due date though. I'm feeling relieved and getting even more excited to start feeling baby move around!

Awwwww !!!! So great to hear baby is doing well!

Wow, super exciting you'll know gender in a week !!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Glad you had a great appointment! can't wait to find out the gender!!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Me too, I'm feeling like its going to be a boy...

Hooray for a great appointment !!!

Yay, glad you had a super good appointment!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Thats great everything is looking so good! Is the MatterniT21 test similar to the Harmony test where you can find the gender early via blood test?
    Quote Originally Posted by elle77 View Post
    All is well with the little one. I got to see fingers and toes and moving around, it was cool. I am having the MatterniT21 so we did measurements aplenty and blood tests too. Should get results back in a week which include knowing the sex!

Baby is still measuring about 6 days ahead, not quite enough to change my due date though. I'm feeling relieved and getting even more excited to start feeling baby move around!
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyh View Post
    Thats great everything is looking so good! Is the MatterniT21 test similar to the Harmony test where you can find the gender early via blood test?
    I'm not sure about the Harmony test, but the T21 is a test for chromosomal abnormalities related to advanced maternal age (I'm 36) and it happens to also determine sex because it looks for abnormalities in the X and Y chromosome combos, which would consequently tell you if your child is XX or XY.

Do you know if the Harmony a test for abnormalities or simply to reveal sex?

I believe they are the same test but from different companies.

So glad you had a great appt, can't wait to hear the gender!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Elle,
    It is for both, chromosome abnormalties and to find out the gender. Here is a very informative site about the harmony test, I hear most insurances cover it. I havent gotten that far in a pregnancy to do it but I hope I do one day!

Quote Originally Posted by elle77 View Post
    I'm not sure about the Harmony test, but the T21 is a test for chromosomal abnormalities related to advanced maternal age (I'm 36) and it happens to also determine sex because it looks for abnormalities in the X and Y chromosome combos, which would consequently tell you if your child is XX or XY.

Do you know if the Harmony a test for abnormalities or simply to reveal sex?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyh View Post
    Elle,
    It is for both, chromosome abnormalties and to find out the gender. Here is a very informative site about the harmony test, I hear most insurances cover it. I havent gotten that far in a pregnancy to do it but I hope I do one day!
    Thanks for the info, they sound the same. And I wish you all the best on your baby journey.

I believe both tests only look for the big 3 trisomy defects. So it's not exhaustive in terms of genetic issues.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13