Thread: Portable potty

Default Portable potty

Any recommendations? We will be going on a road trip when we go to India, and chances are excellent DD will not pee in the toilets on the way (generally, way beyond disgusting), or behind some shrub/tree (plentiful, but she will only potty in bathrooms). She can't hold it 10 hours at a time, so lots of misery all around, I'm sure. So, I'm thinking of taking something with me that folds flat and can be used by her. Any recommendations? She is 4, so about 40" tall, and 33 lbs.

I have the Pottete plus in my car at all times.. if the toilets are too unclean or she in a place without a toilet, I use it in a car. It is foldable and has disposable bags.. AWESOME.

http://www.amazon.com/Potette-Travel...te+plus+liners
    Me-(34), DH(37), DD(3y.10m) DS(9.5month)

I'd recommend getting something for you too: like this or this.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by pray2god View Post
    I have the Pottete plus in my car at all times.. if the toilets are too unclean or she in a place without a toilet, I use it in a car. It is foldable and has disposable bags.. AWESOME.

http://www.amazon.com/Potette-Travel...te+plus+liners

I have this too and love it. It comes in handy all of the time.

Potette Plus worked well for us too. Very lightweight, fits easily into a backpack when folded, comes with its own little storage bag. And it does come with disposable bags, but you can also just use a grocery bag with a paper towel folded into the bottom.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

We used the Potette Plus as well, when going for lots of hikes. It can also be used as a seat on top of a toilet if need be, to make a more child-sized or child-friendly seat.

We use the Ikea one piece potties when we are in the car but they don't fold flat. They do fit under our seats and if we know it's more than liquid, we put a grocery bag in it.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

It's just going to be #1. There is no earthly way she is pooping anywhere that is not her toilet.

The pictures and reviews seem to suggest that the Potette is for little kids, and has balance problems. Has anyone had such issues?

It's small, but I highly doubt it's too small for Mira's little bum. Noe would still be able to fit on it fine. We never had any trouble with balance or the legs folding out correctly, either. I think some of the reviewers perhaps didn't understand how it is supposed to work -- you fold out and then pull on the legs, and they sort of snap into place. At any rate, ours worked with no trouble.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Yup, no trouble here either. You have to pop the legs into place and that makes them sturdy. My dd didn't want to poop in it either...it took a long time before she would but she finally did and has no problem doing it whenever, where ever!!

The Potette Plus Travel Potty allready mentioned here is a good option. Ba sure to take extra liners. You could use a regular supermarket plastic bag, but the ones in India are not the same (From my time in India I remember them to be very small, but I might be wrong about that).
    There's a list with few other tips for "on the go" potty. It's titled "Starting potty training" but it might have few tips that are relevant.