Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brittany_dawn updates

Thinking of you Brittany

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    Soooo, chatting with DH last night, some how pregnancy announcement came up. I mentioned I'm not comfortable with telling anyone further at this point. He said what about the kids? I said nope. Then he said well, I told DSD (18) a few days ago (after the u/s). I was a little disappointed. My relationship has become.... Well, not bad, just not close with her in a few years. So much has changed since she was 9! I wanted us to talk with her together. Teen years are rough, but it's even more so when there are multiple opinions involved. This is the earliest a pregnancy has ever been revealed to her so I'm sure that made her happy.
    I was wondering if you guys had told her I didn't want to tell the kiddos either for a while. We actually didn't tell them until my 20 week ultrasound! But we didn't tell anyone until I was 15 weeks! We didn't want one of the boys spilling the beans before we were ready.

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsBabyNum2 View Post
    I was wondering if you guys had told her I didn't want to tell the kiddos either for a while. We actually didn't tell them until my 20 week ultrasound! But we didn't tell anyone until I was 15 weeks! We didn't want one of the boys spilling the beans before we were ready.
    Ya.... It's not that I didn't want her to know....I want that closeness. It's more the fact that her mother works with mutual friends. People we have not told yet. I'm sure she will not keep that info from her mom. Eh, what can I do.... Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by JessieBee1027 View Post
    Thinking of you Brittany
    Thanks
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

How are you doing this morning? Thinking of you...praying you had a good night !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Morning!

My night was ok.... Yesterday evening the bleeding increased a bit. I'm not filling pads front to back, just having small gushes. Even sleeping all night had 1/4 a pad filled. I'm in bed now.... DH has to go organize a few thing so he said he should only be gone 1 hour. The guilt of not taking care of my kids is getting to me, but I also feel guilty when I get up and start doing things.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

...it is tough ! I'm still "taking it easy" until my appt like the nurse said and still having one bright red gush around 3am-4am every morning (only brown spotting during the day though...so weird ).

I understand the guilt for sure...I'm stressed and therefore irritable, especially as I sit here watching my house basically decompose around me . My older kids and dh are doing a great job, but they're not me and I can't expect them to do things like I would do them. I'm trying to make the most of it by spending more time reading to the younger kids and playing card/board games with everyone, but sometimes I feel so stressed it's hard to "be in the moment" with them.

Anyway, you are definitely on my heart and I'm praying this resolves for you soon !!

I could pretty much post the same thing to you that I just did to Kelly!

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm hoping for a quick resolution to this bleeding.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I'm just going to write out my concerns here.... Thyroid function is a huge problem in my family. My mother was born with a goiter, and had hyperthyroid as a child. She was skinny (like ill looking, with small bones). At 38 she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and underwent surgery to remove (she is now on levithroid). My paternal grandmother was mis-diagnosed with hashimotos disease in 1980, after much struggle, she was finally correctly diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 1989 and had it removed. In 2012 she was re-diagnosed with thyroid cancer, sounds strange I know, but I was medullary thy cancer in '89 that was not properly treated, so it metastasized. My dad's sister has hypothyroid (I don't recall her Meds)

So I researched and it seems that thyroid function can have relation to miscarriage. I will bring this up to my doc, my thyroid function has never been checked before to my knowledge.

I was concerned that thyroid function may have had a hand in my m/c last year, but my levels were "within normal limits." It's a tricky thing because it's a hormone that fluctuates daily. My levels got lower than previous, earlier in this pregnancy, and I contacted my thyroid doc (got hooked up with one late last year) and he wasn't concerned. I do have a follow up with him in June, but no one seems to be terribly concerned about my thyroid levels causing another m/c. I hope that's because it's not highly likely ... and not because they just don't have experience with it.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Haha, okay. Just kidding. My thyroid levels have been checked 4x since 2006. Guess it was never a problem so it was never mentioned.

Dorcas, it's so confusing! It's like I just want answers ( but then I think, do I really want to know).

On a good note, I found a quick flash of baby on the Doppler at 145 (still no sound though )

I am really really praying this bleeding is just nothing of significance, I want to just go full term have my baby and be done with all pregnancy stuff.
    Last edited by Brittany_Dawn; 05-05-2014 at 11:37 AM.

On a good note, I found a quick flash of baby on the Doppler at 145 (still no sound though )

I am really really praying this bleeding is just nothing of significance, I want to just go full term have my baby and be done with all pregnancy stuff.
    From your lips, to God's ears for A LOT of us in this room!!

I'm glad you were able to find the HB on the doppler, that can be a tool of great reassurance.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Glad you found that heartbeat. Just try to remeber that your little baby is still hanging on. She/he seems to be a fighter and is doing well. Thinking of you
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    From your lips, to God's ears for A LOT of us in this room!!

I'm glad you were able to find the HB on the doppler, that can be a tool of great reassurance.
    I just gasped, Dorcas! Omg, 16 weeks tomorrow!!! Yay!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swissgirl View Post
    Glad you found that heartbeat. Just try to remeber that your little baby is still hanging on. She/he seems to be a fighter and is doing well. Thinking of you
    thank you!

Just got this message from my n.p. ( she is the one I'm closest with in the practice)
    RE: ER visit follow up?
    To:
    Brittany Wardle
    LAURA ROCHELLE ROSS NP
    Received:
    5/5/2014 11:41 AM PDT
    Looks like the report showed a subchorionic bleed, which would cause you to have vaginal bleeding that would generally persist for some time. Some patients its a day or two, I have seen some bleed for several weeks. The bleeding generally does not get heavy like a period, but can be persistent for some time. Of course this makes you anxious, and we have to caution about miscarriage, but I also see many many with this, and everything turns out good too. My fingers will be crossed.
    Bernhardt leaves today after his 1130 and is back on Friday. Would you like me to see if he can add you Friday? If you want to be seen sooner I would have to recommend either another doctor or urgent care. What would your preference be?
    LAURA ROCHELLE ROSS NP

----- Message -----
    Sent: 5/5/2014 10:03 AM PDT
    To: LAURA ROCHELLE ROSS NP
    Subject: ER visit follow up?

Hi Laura,

So the bleeding has begun. Because I was having uteran pain with bleeding on Saturday I went to ER to see if there was still fetal hb or what. All was okay still. I think Dr. Bernhardt put in an email to try and bump up my OB appointment on the 14 but I don't think he realized it was intake with ms. Noble. I am still actively bleeding...it's not a lot, and I have minimal pain. Just some discomfort in my lower back. I'm scared to death of another miscarriage so of course I want to be seen but I Also know that the outcome will not change either way. Any way, just let me know..... Should I schedule a follow up or just wait it out?
    Last edited by Brittany_Dawn; 05-05-2014 at 01:33 PM.

I'm so glad you found baby's hb on doppler !!!

Your NP sounds very understanding and her message is reassuring! I'm sorry you're dealing with a sch too, so frustrating . Really praying it resolves quickly for you...it's just so nerve-wracking !!

Did the ER inform you that it was a SCH??? I don't recall you saying so from your details from the ER visit. Your NP sounds awesome, I agree with Kelly!!

And I truly have had 2 close friends bleed throughout their pregnancies and go on to deliver healthy, happy babies!! So it is a reality.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I just gasped, Dorcas! Omg, 16 weeks tomorrow!!! Yay!!!!!
    Awww, thanks Brittany! ;) Things do seem to be moving right along.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Did the ER inform you that it was a SCH??? I don't recall you saying so from your details from the ER visit. Your NP sounds awesome, I agree with Kelly!!

And I truly have had 2 close friends bleed throughout their pregnancies and go on to deliver healthy, happy babies!! So it is a reality.
    Ya this sch thing was never mentioned the whole 7.5 hrs in the ER. I mean if it's true then thank god.... But in December when I started bleeding that separate hospital also said sch and I miscarried. 4 days later but they had said possible sch. I'm not sure how confirmed the sch is in this pregnancy yet.

Thankfully, I'm just spotting now. It is pretty constant but it is certainly not a lot....nothing compared to Saturday for sure! I hope things are looking up

My u/s tech last Thurs said he didn't see any current evidence of a sch, yet here I am still spotting and a gush every 24ish hrs, so who knows ! Really praying too that everything is looking up for you !!!!!!!!!!!

Brittany yes praying its looking up for you too.

I wonder if they call any unexplained bleeding a SCH these days? I was going to be mad at the ER, but it doesn't sound like it matters.

I'm happy you've moved from flow to spot!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

RN just called for a follow up. Asked how rest was going, wanted an update on my status, asked about bleeding/pain etc. went over warning signs for me to go to urgent care or ER depending on the hour. So I have an appointment for tomorrow at 10:50 am.....fingers crossed!!!!!

And Dorcas, yes, i was totally questioning that too!

Kelly thanks! Your success so far is what I'm clinging to!

Thank you Brenda!

Praying for good news tomorrow !!!

Glad you're being seen tomorrow!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

RN just called for a follow up. Asked how rest was going, wanted an update on my status, asked about bleeding/pain etc. went over warning signs for me to go to urgent care or ER depending on the hour. So I have an appointment for tomorrow at 10:50 am.....fingers crossed!!!!!

And Dorcas, yes, i was totally questioning that too!

Kelly thanks! Your success so far is what I'm clinging to!

Thank you Brenda!
    I'll be praying!

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

So I have been awoken by pretty significant uteran pain...it's kinda vaginal too. I'm concerned.

Really praying it's just some irritation from the bleeding ! I've only had a couple pain-free days since I got pg...my uterus has just felt irritated. I read that the sch does that. I've had a heavy low-backache since 8wks when I started spotting and the cramping and vag pain has been significant a few times...usually a few hours before and after I gush. There have been a couple times since I was 11wks that I really really thought my pg was ending since the cramps were coming in regular intervals, but the bleeding stopped and I woke up the next morning just achy. Anyway, just trying to give you hope .

My heart really goes out to you...I absolutely ache that you have to go through this ! Sending lots of T&PS for a sticky bean !!!

I am praying for you hard today Brittany!! I really hope it resolves itself and its nothing major. Lots of prayers and hugs today!
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

Praying for you and the lo!!!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Thinking of you today and praying for a good appt !