Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Brittany_dawn updates

Brittany I hope you are feeling better today! Many hugs being sent your way! Hysteroscopy I recently had done was minimal healing time, fast and not painful at all.
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

Thanks Kelly..... Ya I am kinda nervous on that one. I've never had a medical procedure that invasive done before. At first I was thinking no, but the OB I saw is thinking it might gives some insight. So I will talk more about it on the 15th when I go in for follow up.
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I had a hysteroscopy 2 weeks ago and it was a breeze. Nothing to worry about!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

You might already know all of this but I was very curious myself as to what all they are "checking out" while doing the hysteroscopy and a short list is: cysts, polyps, endo, open or closed tubes(they actually dye your tubes to make sure full passage), ovary size, any irregularities in the uterus

Also, have you ever done the blood clot round of testing?(anti-cougual, MHFTR, several other names just cant remember) It lets you know if your body has issues with blood clots and the solution is just 2 baby aspirin every day.

Oh thank you Kelly.... I had no idea why he mentioned scheduling a hysteroscopy, I was too emotional to ask!

Yes, it is planned for me to do a few panels, and a blood clot one was mentioned. However, the ob told me that these panels need to be ran 6weeks after m/c for accuracy. I am also going to see a genetic counselor again (saw one in '08).
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

From

to

-or-
    Latest values

Options
    TSH
    Standard range: 0.35 - 4.00 mcIU/mL
    11/16/06 1.41
    10/14/08 2.06
    1/20/09 2.44
    9/27/12 1.50
    5/6/14 2.53

I copied all my results since '06. Idk seems fine I guess. That's good though, one thing to rule out.

Your TSH does look good .

The only times I've had ongoing cramping/fullness after a loss it was due to retained tissue. Even after my 2nd tri losses as soon as the babies delivered I felt mostly normal, just pinchy feelings in my uterus/cervix as things closed and shrank back to normal, but the heaviness was gone. With my loss last May I had retained tissue for 3 months. My hcg was dropping normally until around the 8th week when it plateau-ed and I was having cramping the entire time with spotting on and off. I was even ovulating and having periods regularly. A hysteroscopy revealed the retained tissue though and I had a D&C to remove it. Anyway, just something to mention to your dr Thursday maybe so you have have the hysteroscopy sooner rather than later ??

Not that I hope anything is overtly wrong, but I do hope the testing is revealing for you...it's so discouraging hearing "unexplained" !

Oh...and for the clotting panel to be normal your hcg levels have to be normal which can take longer than 6wks so before you have them done maybe request a beta .

8. Default

Yeah, those TSH levels look fine.

Kelly, what do you think about T3 and T4 levels, though? Do you think those factor in also?
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Yes exactly what Kelly said, they want your HCG to be below a 5 to make sure your blood clot panels are normal. With my two losses I did these round of testing to see if I had the blood clot issue and my results came back fine but my OB prescribed me one baby aspirin a day anyway just to be sure and help things along if need be. One of the blood clot panel tests are for MHFTR ( spelling) and that shows if your body absorbs enough folic acid or not and you can be prescribed Folgard for that. I have a friend that had several losses and did these round of testing and her results came back showing she was not able to carry full term due to her blood clot issue and she now has 2 precious girls after taking just a baby asprin every day. I hope you get some relief from the hysteroscopy or the blood work

I agree with everyone, your TSH does look good

How are you feeling?
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Yeah, those TSH levels look fine.

Kelly, what do you think about T3 and T4 levels, though? Do you think those factor in also?
    I think the Free T4 and T3 levels would be valuable info to have and I would definitely recommend antibody testing. Usually a full thyroid panel which includes the hormone and antibody levels is recommended as part of a RPL work-up.

Protein C and S testing are not routinely part of the clotting panels, but it would be a good idea to have it done.

I feel okay. Like I've mentioned, I feel bloated. My vagina still feels not right. Sore or something.....

On Thursday I don't know what my OB will be doing. I think a repeat u/s and blood wk to see where I stand. Can the u/s show if there is still tissue? I still have some clotting but they are tiny like pea sized. It's tissue though cause it has a white/grey tint (sorry if tmi).

U/S can often detect retained tissue depending on the location and expertise of the tech. It does sound like you might have some left-over placental tissue, but it also sounds like your body is gradually taking care of it. It's possible everything will completely clean out with your first af so even if they do see something on u/s you could wait it out and follow up after af to see if things resolved on their own. My RE went ahead and just did a hysteroscopy since I had one scheduled before I got pg anyway. So not only were they looking for retained tissue, but for any other abnormalities of my uterus and cervix also.

I know you already to know to watch for heavy bleeding/pain, but watch for a fever and flu-like symptoms too which could indicate an infection. Although I think it's very unlikely, it's not impossible.

Really praying this part resolves for you soon . I know it was hard to move on from my losses while I continued to have ongoing physical symptoms.

Have you taken a pg test at all to see if your levels are falling? I know that can be tough seeing a + after a loss, so it's understandable if you'd rather not, but if you wanted to kind of gauge where your levels are that's one way to do it. It was really hard for me not knowing even though I had my beta done every week...I hated hearing my levels were still elevated, but seeing the line get lighter on the tests at least helped me feel like I was moving in the right direction (I have an aversion to betas...good or bad, I just hate them ).

Ya, I have thought of testing to see what's happening.... I did that with my second loss (even though I was getting weekly betas). It's just..... I don't think I can this time. For some reason, this loss is just hitting me hard. I think it's pretty much because I thought the progesterone was my saving grace, giving me 3 babies back to back. I blamed my December '13 loss on that ob practice refusing me a script. If I test, I think I will just break down.

So I'm going to write out all the tests you ladies (Kelly o., Kelly h., and Dorcas) have mentioned above. Any others you think of let me know by Thursday 9am. I'm going to try google some too.

Thank so much ladies I really appreciate it.

I'm just going to post something random and off topic because it made me happy. It's silly....

I hate curling my hair.... It takes about an hour to do on my own with a traditional curling iron, by the time I get wrapped around to the next side, my other half is flat. It's annoying. So, I've been hearing so much about these curling wands. My cousin uses one and she loves it. However I refuse to pay $150^+ no thank you! I will just flat iron.

Anyway, I browsed this site called haute look because I love the deals. They had a curling wand that retails for $200 on sale for $39!!! It came in the mail yesterday. So last night when DH went to the grocery store, I pulled it out for a test run. My whole head took about 17mins for bouncy curls! And it held all night! I think after another go at it I can get it down to 10-15 mins depending if I do bouncy or loose curls! So excited. It's hard to do hair with little ones needing attending!

That's my random non pregnancy loss related happiness for the day

I love the curl wands, they are amazing! I have really thick and long hair and it takes FOREVER to do anything with it. Tell your DH you need a date night in the near future and wear your curls out on the town!
    haute look has some great deals on make up and such also!

Awesome!!! So glad the wand worked!!

I wish I had the patience to do something with my hair. I wash it at night and pull it back for work. That's the extend of it The humidity here is awful so if I flat iron it, the moment I go outside it frizzes. If I work with my natural wave and scrunch it, then it just looks like I stuck my finger the the light socket. haha
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Quote Originally Posted by laurasuzy1981 View Post
    Awesome!!! So glad the wand worked!!

I wish I had the patience to do something with my hair. I wash it at night and pull it back for work. That's the extend of it The humidity here is awful so if I flat iron it, the moment I go outside it frizzes. If I work with my natural wave and scrunch it, then it just looks like I stuck my finger the the light socket. haha

19. Default

Brittany, I have hair just like yours. It sounds like I need to get on the site and get a curl wand!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

The ob I saw the day my m/c began just gave me a courtesy call. He wanted to review my lab results now that they all came in. Said everything looked good except for progesterone. (Which we have all figured out already). He was expecting to see levels at over 20. He said anything under 20 just is not good especially considering the length of time I was on the script and also having a 200mg dose just 12 hours earlier. (Blood drawn around 11am, and I used script at 10-11pm the night before.) he said I need to make sure this is brought up on Thursday. He said my bleeding and clots could be okay as long as I don't feel light headed and I'm not going through more than 2 pads an hour. I'm not, so I'm just going with it.

Minor spotting for like 14 hours! I'm hoping this is over.

22. Default

Wow, Brittany!! I am seriously impressed that the OB doc you saw followed up with a call. That is awesome!! I would seriously talk with your OB about monitoring your levels weekly and making adjustments according to the levels.

I am also super happy that you've only had minor spotting over the last 14 hours!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Yay for minor spotting!! Hope you get answers at your appt!

Alright, I finally have a few minutes to talk about my appointment.

So, no genetic counseling for us. This ob feels that we would not have had our 3 children back to back if there was something in that department. He also says a hysteroscopy is probably not needed either, however, when he did the u/s he said I still have fluid and a mass in my uterus. I need to wait 2 AF cycles and go back for a repeat u/s, which is already scheduled for July 29. If during that u/s I still have something visibly in there he will schedule a hysteroscopy. So Preventing pregnancy is necessary for these things to take place (this is our plan anyway).

Of course he brought up the progesterone. He feels that this is the true problem in my pregnancies. My ovaries are not functioning properly to produce enough to support pregnancy. The 200mg supplements helped with my 3 kiddos, but I could have had a better hormone kick out from my ovaries at that time.....we just don't know. If and when I get pregnant again he wants me on weekly progesterone injections. He feels there has been more success with injections on other patients ( of course, nothing is guaranteed). So that's it.....I'm in limbo until August. I feel okay about it because I'm not ready for another pregnancy right now.....I just feel strange. After every single one of my previous miscarriages we were right back to TTC within 1-2 months. There was no thought of prevention, it was just moving forward. I feel stuck. I don't want to TTC, and I can not emotionally handle a pregnancy, but I have this urge.....it's strange. Like I want MY pregnancy back, I want MY baby back.

The most bizarre part of this. I was due on July 29th 2014 to have a baby.....instead, I will be looking at an empty uterus on an u/s.

So I am definitely having a clear and very eggwhite type fluid leaking (it's like large amounts, nothing like CM) I'm assuming that this is the remaining fluid in my uterus.....it has a light tint so I'm sure there is still some blood. I have never experienced this before.....but all my miscarriages have happened at different development stages.

My first miscarriage was the most visually traumatic but after a quick labor experience, all the physical pain was gone. This recent miscarriage had the longest time of physical pain and loss of tissues, and now this other fluid. I am puzzled because I know for a fact it's not amniotic fluid...placenta material came out days ago.....puzzled????????

I've never had that happen either after any of my mc's Did the doctor say what he thought the mass in your uterus might be? Some remaining tissue?
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what it is either. I don't recall anything like that with my miscarriages. Was the u/s that you had vaginal? They do use lubrication for that but I wouldn't expect there to be tons of it.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Laura, yes he said possible product of conception (I truly hate that phrase). I'm guessing just tissue from 10 weeks of growing life.

Jessica, yes it was transvaginal. It's not lubrication, I am still having small gushes of this clear yet tinted fluid.

It sounds like "lochia alba".

After birth the flow is called lochia and it goes through three phases (sorry if you already know all of this...lol, just didn't want to leave any info out):
    Lochia rubra- red flow right after birth
    Lochia serosa- brownish or pinkish flow
    Lochia alba- clear or yellowish tinged flow

I did have a clearish flow for a few days when my bleeding stopped with one of my 2nd tri losses.

...10wks seems like a ridiculously long time to have to wait for resolution, I'm so sorry this is dragging on for you

Thinking of you !

Interesting Kelly... I never knew that!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4