Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Brittany_dawn updates

Stalking !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Stalking too.....

Baby has passed
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Oh Brittany, I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Much love coming your way.
    Erica

So sorry to hear this, sending t&ps of healing and comfort.

waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

Oh Brittany , this is devastating!! I'm so very very very sorry !

My heart is so broken ...I really didn't expect to hear this, just absolutely in tears for you . Sending you many many many thoughts and prayers for healing !

Oh no!!! I am SO sorry
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Thinking of you today Brittany

If you feel up to it at any time please keep us posted on how you're doing . Just know we're here if you need to talk/yell/cry it out or need some encouragement and support. It's hard to go back to the ttc room, yet the loss room is crazy hard too. Of course revisiting a dd room after a loss isn't without challenges, but I know I always felt a special connection to those ladies even though it was hard to watch them move forward while I couldn't. Anyway, the road to healing can be long and tortuous, I just don't want you to feel alone or worry you'll upset us. This is still your thread for whatever you want to share and whenever you need us !!!

Love you...praying for your broken heart

My FB if you want to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/kellyowens76?ref=tn_tnmn

11. Default

Well said, Kelly!

We are all definitely thinking of you wish we could help share your burden.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yes Kelly said it well. If we can do anything to help let us know.

Hey, ladies.

It was tough this morning. My baby passed from my body. I feel more at peace today, or perhaps I'm not sure how to keep crying.

Life has to continue and DH had to leave at 11am. The kids are doing well, they just know that mommy doesn't feel very good.

I don't do Facebook but thank you so much for the offer Kelly! Social media is time consuming, lol. I just love APA because there is soooo much support and understanding.

In my past DD groups I kept in touch and watched everyone progress so I'm sure I will be doing that here. It is hard to know where I belong. I will certainly not be going back into TTC for a very long time, if at all. I can't stand the loss thread, it just makes me cry. My July DD group is not very active and I feel more connected here I'm hoping this last stage of miscarriage goes quickly. The bleeding is already slowing. Maybe a liner every 2 hours. Motrin 600 every 4-6 hours is keeping the discomforts at bay!

14. Default

Brittany, I had a similar experience when my body passed the baby. It was completely heartbreaking, but I felt like I could start to heal at that point.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I just got this email on my progesterone levels from yesterday. Bummer it gives no value to compare to...?

Component PROGESTERONE
    Your Value 2.30

I used my progesterone like normal the night of 5-5-14 200mg since 3w5d. I'm going to call and ask about the number, but does anyone have experience?

My hcg yesterday was already down
    HCG INTACT
    Standard range: <=4 mIU/mL
    5/3/14 14786
    5/6/14 4735

Still waiting on my TSH results. Guess I'm just desperately searching for answers.
    Last edited by Brittany_Dawn; 05-07-2014 at 02:50 PM.

16. Default

If you look at my update thread, my first comment has all of my progesterone levels.

I think I mentioned on Kelly's thread that my OB tests my levels weekly during the 1st trimester and adjusts the dosage if there is a drop in levels. One of my OB's believes in Progesterone supplementation and the other does not, so I always work with the believer OB during the 1st trimester. I was on Progesterone during my m/c and my levels never dropped significantly. I don't know what they were the day of the m/c but I feel certain there was a genetic anomaly with my m/c. If your progesterone was truly at a 2, it feels like that may have been the cause ... though no one can be certain that a higher dose would have changed the outcome. I would probably discuss this with your OB at any follow ups you have, especially if you think there's any chance you might be open to TTC again.

I've never been given a progesterone level with a decimal point in it, but if your level correlates to what I'm used to it was at a pre-ovulation/mid cycle level. This is a good source for the different levels during your cycle and pregnancy: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003714.htm

For what it's worth, this is the first pregnancy I've had where my numbers got so high. With both boys and my m/c my numbers typically stayed in the teens. I was always given the guidance that we didn't want the levels to go below a 10.

Also, I believe I started out at 100mg and ended at 400mg. I took mine orally. I used suppositories with DS1 and did oral meds with DS2, m/c, and DS3.

Last edited by khadijavye; 05-07-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Progesterone levels drop very fast after baby's heart stops. Also, not much is known about vag progesterone and how much will actually show up in the blood stream since it's absorbed through the tissues.

I don't have personal experience though...my drs/midwives have never tested my progesterone levels .

Eta...Dorcas, every OB and midwife I've had have said that low progesterone levels are a result of a m/c or nonviable pg and not a cause which is why they never tested my levels. I have no idea if that's actually true though...wish those of us with rpl had more definite answers about these things
    Last edited by kellyowens; 05-07-2014 at 03:06 PM.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Progesterone levels drop very fast after baby's heart stops.
    Good point, Kelly. I have no knowledge about how fast the levels drop, they didn't do any additional testing after my m/c, not even my hCG. So it's hard to say if that kind of drop was just because the baby's heart had stopped beating or if the progesterone was already low. Though, I think it's odd for the level to be that low with her having had her 200mg dose the previous evening. Unfortunately it's all guesses and questions.

Well ... actually, I didn't start to m/c until 9w6d and they estimated that the baby had passed at about 8.5 weeks, so I think I DID have a level check after the HB had stopped and prior to my knowing it and my levels had not dropped dramatically. Hm. Yep, 8w1d my levels were 10.4 and 9w1d they were 12.2, though I assume I had a meds increase from week 8 to week 9 because week 8's levels were so low. And, I guess I was wrong about the decimal point thing ... I guess I just didn't record that part this pregnancy.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Im so sorry for your loss brittany! Praying for some answers and peace for you and your family

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Here's some info about how each route of progesterone supplementation may affect serum levels: http://www.sart.org/detail.aspx?id=1881

Here's and excerpt from the article:
    Progesterone is available in several forms. Injection of progesterone produces the highest blood levels. Natural progesterone is dissolved in an oil for injection. Because of the body’s rapid metabolism of progesterone, the shot should be given daily to maintain adequate blood progesterone levels.

Progesterone suppositories or creams have also been used, but the absorption of progesterone through the vagina is more variable. Blood levels are less predictable but progesterone may exert a direct local effect when absorbed through genital tissue.

The oral progesterone capsule is a relatively new way to take progesterone. This avoids the possible complications of pain and abscess formation associated with injections. Oral progesterone is rapidly absorbed into the circulation. For best blood levels, this should be taken twice a day. The oral progesterone has not been used clinically as long as the suppositories or the intramuscular preparations. On a theoretical basis, the metabolism of progesterone given orally could be different from the way progesterone is broken down when it is given either vaginally or intramuscularly. Some of the breakdown products of progesterone may therefore form in different amounts with different routes of administration.

Okay, thanks ladies! Lots to look at and consider.
    Last edited by Brittany_Dawn; 05-07-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Brittany, considering our family has so many thyroid issues I would look into seeing an endocrinologist. My TSH comes in within normal but at the very lowest number of normal. My free T3 and T4 both come in at the very lowest number of normal. On top of that what is normal for most doesn't mean normal for you. More and more doctors are not just looking at thyroid tests but symptoms too. If you have any other symptoms of thyroid issues I would look more into that.
    If there was a list of 50 thyroid symptoms... I've got 45 of them... yet technically come in within normal range.
    The first time I ever had thyroid issues show up was with the miscarriage I had after Hannah and Jacob.
    It is worth the effort of checking into.
    I love you dearly! Praying for you!

23. Default

I agree, too, that "normal range" is often a complete load of crap. My mother has Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and her goiter was HUGE before anyone would take her seriously about her symptoms and refer her to a surgeon to have the thyroid removed. By that time, it was too late to have a completely successful surgery because once Hashimoto's "goes off" it makes the thyroid sticky ... and your thyroid sticks to everything in that area, including your vocal chord nerves. If both vocal chord nerves are severed it requires a Tracheostomy in order to breathe. Her surgeon, through no fault of his own (due to the sticky thyroid), severed one of her vocal chord nerves and knowing my mother's wish to NEVER have to live with a trach, he stopped the surgery and she still has the left lobe of my thyroid. We hope and pray it doesn't cause any issues because the next step would be radiation and no one wants to go through that.

Long story, but the point is to listen to your body and take care of yourself!! You must always be your own advocate in ANY medical situation, sadly.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I'm in the normal-tsh-abnormal-thyroid camp too . My thyroid antibodies were extremely elevated (hashimoto's thyroiditis) and my thyroid was enlarged. Maybe request a thyroid panel.

yes, just waiting for my TSH to come in... normally it doesn't take this long, hoping it will be updated in the portal sometime today.

very bad so far. my body just hurts. I feel constipated and I think it is increasing the pain in my uterus and lower back. I just don't feel good. cried for about 2 hrs this morning. I think DH is frustrated....idk he told me he felt depressed last night. this is so hard on my family. he had to cancel his meeting at the county to take my younger 2 to the doctors, I just cant stand completely straight up. I know he isn't mad at me.....just about the situation I guess.

I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad physically and that you and dh are hurting !! Praying for all of you !

Do you have a follow up appt with your dr scheduled? Just worried about you and hoping your body is healing okay !!!

27. Default

Yeah, I agree with Kelly, not being able to stand up straight concerns me. I didn't experience that, but you know your body and perhaps that's a normal thing for you to go through.

I was surprised at how depressed my DH felt with our m/c. They definitely seem so detached from the process after the deed and so it's easy to forget that they have feelings about it, too. I also think that they have an extra special hurt because they are sad something so horrible happened to their partner.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Brittany. Yes I agree with kelly and Dorcas. Make sure your body is healing properly. It is going to take some time. Depending on the amount of bloodloss you could be feeling depressed due to low levels of iron and vit D to. Along with dealing with a loss so significant. Please take care. We are all here for you!

Brenda

Brittany I am so sorry you are in so much pain! I know it hurts when DH is frustrated and sometimes men just dont know how to deal with things and there way of getting it out is to be frustrated versus a woman crying. Hopefully both of your pain eases and you can be there for each other!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    yes, just waiting for my TSH to come in... normally it doesn't take this long, hoping it will be updated in the portal sometime today.

very bad so far. my body just hurts. I feel constipated and I think it is increasing the pain in my uterus and lower back. I just don't feel good. cried for about 2 hrs this morning. I think DH is frustrated....idk he told me he felt depressed last night. this is so hard on my family. he had to cancel his meeting at the county to take my younger 2 to the doctors, I just cant stand completely straight up. I know he isn't mad at me.....just about the situation I guess.
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

Yes, my follow up is the 15th.

I will be posting my updates in the pregnancy loss section.... Still waiting on TSH. I will also be having a hysteroscopy done but I think that is getting schedule after the 15th.