Thread: Heading Back to Work

Default Heading Back to Work

I am heading back to work next Monday and I am worried about pumping and making sure I have enough for Sean. How do I know how much to leave the babysitter? I have milk frozen in 2oz and 3oz baggies. I have 10 baggies right now and will get more when I am back to work and pumping 3xs a day at work. I have no idea how much Sean eats, how do I know? He will be 6wks old. Any tips for me while heading back to work?

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

When I did it with dd1, I had daycare give 2oz every 2 hours and went from there. We upped the amount of BM every few weeks and went longer in between feedings after a month or so. I think dd1 got 4oz every 3-4 hours by 5 or 6 months old.
    Last edited by dunegirl; 04-22-2014 at 06:14 PM.

No!!! I don't want to go back to work!!!!!!!lol mine is coming next week. Mine is 4oz every 3-4 hrs as of now and he is almost a month.

Thanks Dunegirl! I think we will start there and I will give her a little extra just in case I guess. Mariposa, I am not looking forward to it in one aspect, I don't want to leave my little man, but then again I can't wait to do SOMETHING!! I want to do something more than nurse and lounge around the house. lol

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz