Thread: Tight belly + bits of MP??

Question Tight belly + bits of MP??

I'm not sure if I'm experiencing something that falls under "normal weird pg stuff" or "be on alert"...

I'll start by saying that yesterday I had sex for the first time in...way too long (yay me) so that could be triggering whatever is going on, I don't know.

But today my belly has been a lot tighter than I can ever remember and I passed two small (grape and pea sized) bits of what I can only assume is mucous plug. The consistency is unlike anything I've seen and compares with what I've read about it. I think the tight belly is concerning me more, because I usually have squishy parts and more firm parts where the baby is pressing outwards--or it's all relatively squishy.

Still getting movement, so that's not an issue.

I don't like not knowing what's ok or not. Advice appreciated!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

There's no edit feature in mobile, so I'm just adding a reply.

I think I've been having BH, only it seems to be a lot of them. I was told by my midwife to call if I had 6 or more cntx in an hour so I'm counting to see what is what. Hopefully it's like 3 or 4 and I'm just over estimating what I feel.

It does sound a lot like BH. Hopefully just brought on by your recent action. As for the mucus, if it is plug pieces that isn't something I would stress over. Plug can regenerate. I hope you get some good rest tonight and everything is back to normal in the morning.

What Rachel said. Tight belly is probably bh. If no painful consistent contractions, broken water or bleeding, you should be OK!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I agree that the tight belly is likely BH, also. Entirely possible that they were brought on by sex. If that's the case, you know what's going to be helpful to you toward the end now! ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I'd guess its related to the sex. Way to tmi, but sometimes after dtd I'll get a glob of mucus the next day or so... yeah super gross. If it is your plug it does re grow till the end, so I would't worry.
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

Thanks! It's confusing not knowing what is happening. Because then I wonder if I'm imagining things...

Had another belly tightening thing this morning when I woke up so I feel more confident now that it is BH, whew. I was starting to wonder if I'd ever feel them...
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I didn't get bh until my 3rd tri with my 1st baby either .

the unknown is scary, but I'm glad you're feeling more confident this morning !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels