Thread: Easter :)

Default Easter :)

So what is everyone doing for Easter?

We're going to my mom's tomorrow and to dh's gma's on Sunday. I haven't decided if I'm going Sunday or not since dh said he's happy to take the kids to his gma's so I can stay home and rest...he said I never get the opportunity to spend some time by myself and I should do it more often . I may take him up on it, lol, just wish there was a spa open on Easter Sunday so I could get a pedi and a massage !

My 16y/o ds doesn't really want to go on Sunday either so if he stays home we may have a movie-a-thon and jammie day .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

THat sounds nice!

Tomorrow we have a large family picnic/egg hunt and games with close and extended family. My grandparents are driving out from AZ today to visit and some of my first cousins and uncle are driving out from AZ also. It's a pot luck so I'm doing a slower cooker pork shoulder roast over night and DH will shredd it in the am to make pulled pork sandwiches.

Sunday will join my sis and her 6 kids at their church, they have been fasting or like 2months so there will be a celebration and small fair. That's pretty much it! Oh, and I do Easter baskets and an egg hunt at home on Easter morning, this year I even found bunny prints to put on floor...just fun little things!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I have to work tomorrow so no plans for then. On Sunday, we will have lunch at dh's parents house, then go to my parents house to visit and have the egg hunt. No major plans, just the same thing year after year. But it's great being able to gather with family on such a special day.

My SIL invited us to her house for dinner, and I think we'll go. I'd definitely would like to, but it's so hard to get motivated to go anywhere lol.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    My SIL invited us to her house for dinner, and I think we'll go. I'd definitely would like to, but it's so hard to get motivated to go anywhere lol.
    Haha, that's how I feel...I want to go, but my body is like do-we-have-to .

Brittany...your plans sound so fun!!!!

Cindy...I agree, love seeing family

We always do Easter at my aunt's house. She lives about an hour away and has a large property with horses, goats, dogs, etc. DS loves it. The goat is his favorite thing. My aunt does an egg hunt for the little kids and another one for the high school/college kids. That one is hilarious. My uncle is pretty clever about where he hides those gold and silver eggs! We're bringing my in-laws with us this year since they just moved to the area. That could get interesting
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Jen, when I was a teen my dad used to hide money eggs (gold or silver dyed hard boiled with a price on the outside) omg me and my three sibs used to go crazy...... I can just picture what you are describing!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

Kelly, it so much fun! I had a blast as a kid and now that all of us "kids" have kids it's even better! There will be 4 generations attending so its amazing! Beside a family reunion (or wedding or type of shower) Easter is the only time all the extended families get together (like my grandpas brother and sister, there families, plus my great grandmothers brother!) there is about 70-75 of us I would guess, never really counted! Just from my grandparents down is 35 of us!

Gosh, I hate when the tablet auto corrects words! Makes my grammar go crazy! Not there families, *their families!

Wow that is just awesome Brittany !!!!!

Dh's family is huge, but his gma's house is *tiny* so most of the families don't even come anymore...it's a bummer . The 4th of July on the other hand is when all the families get together at my SIL's...so fun! Having a big family is just the best isn't it!!

Jen...my mom does a couple eggs with high dollar amounts in them too, lol, I think it's the only reason my older kids want to go at all .

We're doing an egg hunt tomorrow at the local park, and Easter we'll probably stay in, watch movies together, play outside, the kids will play with their Easter goodies. Fun stuff!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Tomorrow my dh and D's #1 are going to dinner and see the play/musical Pinocchio. Me and ds#2 are going shopping. He sits well in a stroller still. And its much easier with just 1. Dh likes to try to do something special alone with each boy every so often. Sunday we have a beautiful Easter cantata at church. Then we are going to my sister and bil house for lunch/egg hunt/bon fire. Our local family will all be there.

I have to work tomorrow and DH is working Sunday (he's a chef). We are having his mom over for dinner and might tell her our news

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Jess, bummer on opposite schedules but yay for *maybe* sharing amazing news!

Kelly, big families are so amazing! Can you just imagine yours when your kids start having kids! And those grand kids have kids! You will be so blessed! Well, now too, but you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    Jen, when I was a teen my dad used to hide money eggs (gold or silver dyed hard boiled with a price on the outside) omg me and my three sibs used to go crazy...... I can just picture what you are describing!
    When my uncle and DH get together, it's like two stupid frat boys. They come up with the most random, difficult places to hide the money eggs. After the older kids search for awhile, my uncle will either give out clues or use the hot/cold thing. The best year was when they tied the egg to one of my aunt's dogs who had really long hair. Everyone thought they'd be getting close and then the dog would inevitably move. It was hilarious.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

That is toooo funny!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Happy Easter Ladies!!