Thread: 16 Week Appointment

Default 16 Week Appointment

Everything went great. At the place I go to, there are 3 OB's on staff, and we see all 3 of them throughout the pregnancy. I met the second person today and he was REALLY nice and patient with my kids, even helped them listen to the heartbeat! The baby kicked at the doppler too, lol! He/She is VERY wiggly! Went over my operative reports for both of my previous c-sections and I am a very good candidate for VBA2C. He said that I have about a 1% chance of uterine rupture, which is rarely fatal anyway, so I'm really excited! I love that everyone is supportive of my VBA2C! My next appointment is the BIG ultrasound! May 8th at 1pm EST I will find out if we're having another boy or another girl! I'm soooo excited and these next 3 weeks better go by fast!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

So excited for you. Have you considered hiring a doula to help you accomplish vba2c? It may help as you go through the unknown parts of labor. With my hbac I got to a part I was so glad my midwives helped me through.

Sounds great! I'm glad they're supportive and you're a good candidate for the vbac!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Yay for a great visit!!

woohooo!!!! Sounds like a fabulous appt !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thanks ladies!! I am wanting a doula, but I already have a lot to pay out of pocket already so it's just not an option. ): Fortunately I won't be paying much for my birth regardless of the outcome, but it's still not a pretty number. After ultrasounds, lab fees, and hospital stay I'm looking at around 3k. About $900 of it needs to be paid in about 16 more weeks (they have a payment plan thing you do) so its not pretty. LOL I had medicaid with my last two but we don't qualify now so its out of pocket. I feel pretty confident in my OB's so far though, they really are SO supportive of my decision. Not many people will let you VBA2C and go past 42 weeks!!!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)