Thread: Made for this site

Blog Entries

Ha! Love the applicants reactions!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Love.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmom View Post
    Ha! Love the applicants reactions!
    Yeah, my favorite was that really long blank stare. haha

Love this!
    Jennifer

I just saw a post on a blog complaining about this video, saying that it disses dads, working moms, and even disabled moms.

JMO, but the author is taking the ad - and herself - way too seriously. It's a frickin' viral ad. Sure, it's trying too hard to pluck heartstrings and to get social-media attention, but that's all that it is. Seems to me that the intent is good...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ibisgirldc View Post
    I just saw a post on a blog complaining about this video, saying that it disses dads, working moms, and even disabled moms.

JMO, but the author is taking the ad - and herself - way too seriously. It's a frickin' viral ad. Sure, it's trying too hard to pluck heartstrings and to get social-media attention, but that's all that it is. Seems to me that the intent is good...
    Agree. What ad truly hits every demographic, anyway?

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Quote Originally Posted by ibisgirldc View Post

This is blowing up all over my FB newsfeed today. There is a lot of hate

I know a lot of parents, both in real life and online. Some working moms, some sahd, sahms, bio kids, adopted and foster etc. And i would say from my own observation, overwhelmingly, moms do more hands on parenting than dads. Its just how it is.

I saw this too and when I saw the job requirements I thought immediately..."It sounds like motherhood!", lol, then it was, and I cried .

I think I read the same retaliation blog post . I ignore things like that, they make me laugh a little because I remember being young, idealistic, thinking I knew everything, and having critical thoughts towards those who saw things differently than I did. If perchance she's older and still is unable to see things from the perspective of others or just move on without getting her feathers ruffled then that's just sad. Funny thing is that the author who wrote it probably hasn't given the video or it's message a second thought. She got it off her chest and has probably moved on (other than glorying in her "hit" numbers since the blog is linked to the video so if you watch the vid it pops up as "you may also be interested in" or "those who viewed this also viewed...", yet the inflamed masses will respond in kind creating nothing but a hot mess, lol .

It's a sweet video and I hope my own mom knows how appreciated she is because now that I'm a mom, I understand
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Great video.
    *** Lindsay ***