Thread: Everyone is sick except DH

Default Everyone is sick except DH

So, Katie was sent home from school a week ago today with a fever. The next morning, she vomited just one time and complained of a sore throat. Erin took her to the doctor and had strep tests done that came back negative. Katie still has a cough, but the fever subsided after a few days. Sunday night, Erin came down sick, vomited just one time, has a sore throat and what appears to be a severe head cold. Yesterday, I started feeling poorly with a sore throat that felt swollen, and Nathan has been acting a little "off" for a couple of days now, although nothing really major -- just wanting to lay around more than usual and sleeping a little more than usual. Today, I most definitely have a fever, although I've not taken my temperature just yet to see what it is. I just know how I feel when I have a fever, and it doesn't have to be a very high one for me to feel it. For me, the cold has settled mostly in my throat and chest, which is not uncommon for me. I'm working on an assignment that is due in little more than two hours, and as soon as that is done, I'm going to take my temperature, take some Tylenol, and go to bed (I hope).
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

That stinks! It sounds like what DD3 had although hers was more stomach-centered. She thew up 1 time really but was SO so tired. Then she had #2 issues for days. It was horrible. She also only had a fever for about a day. It was very odd and I could not figure out when it would finally leave!

I hope you all feel better!
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Well, Erin went to the doctor and she has the flu. I don't THINK I have the flu. I had it a few years ago and felt 10 times worse than I do now. I took some Tylenol, and it brought my fever down, so I'm feeling better for now, at least until it goes up again.

Question. I took Tylenol again at 6:30. My temp was 100. Now two hours later, my temp is 100.4. Is it too soon to take Motrin?

Motrin should be fine now, feel better soon!

Todays avatar was brought to you by shirtwoot!

No, they are different and can be taken together.its usuall recomended to alternate though, so you get the longest coverage time. Tylenol then 2hrs later motrin, 2hrs after that tylenol, etc.

I'm sorry Lynne! I hope you are all feeling better soon!
    Jennifer

Thanks everybody! I think it's a safe bet that I DO have the flu after all, even though I got a flu shot in the fall. Nathan is so funny right now. He feels miserable, too, and has a melt down over every little thing, but when he comes over to me and I put my hand on his little forehead, he gets a big smile on his face and says "I feel better now." and goes prancing around.

Grandmas make everything better!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks