Thread: Epic mommy fail

Default Epic mommy fail

.... I have been wiping my toddler's face and hands with surface wipes for the last couple of weeks....

I didn't want to use Pampers Wipes so I bought Babyganics wipes. I bought them online and searched for "all purpose wipes" thinking wipes for all purposes - hands, face, etc...

Well, just now I realized that they are all-purpose SURFACE wipes. OMG, I can't believe I did this. I feel like such an idiot. My poor baby

Totally understandable mistake. Her skin hasn't had any reaction, right? It's ok. We are human. Things happen. Just gotta give ourselves some grace and keep doing our best.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

You can't be the first person to do this. At my hospital, the super-duper high-level disinfectant wipes they use to clean superbugs off of things have a baby outline with a red circle and a line across it, probably for that same reason. They look so similar. I agree with Polly. Don't beat yourself up about it.

http://mobile.walmart.com/#ip/Johnso...-pack/15065098

Ive done that before with my nephew once. My sister gave me these..work great.

It happens Momma...don't beat yourself up too much.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Things happen. Your tot will be fine. We've all BTDT.
    *** Lindsay ***

Don't sweat it! I'm sure there is no damage done. Why the heck do they call surface wipes babganics?

That's nowhere near an "epic" fail. Don't beat yourself up.

Aww, it happens! We all make mistakes, and this really isnt a big deal!
    Jennifer

Thanks for your support ladies! Yes, no skin rashes or other reactions. He seems fine but it's hard not to feel guilty.

This is totally something I would do!

If it makes you feel any better, I gave DS a yogurt pouch that had been expired for over 2 weeks last week Somehow he didn't get sick...

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

nah, not even close to "epic" fail... i am sure many moms have done it...
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

i agree, far from epic! Epic would have been if he'd developed a rash but you continued to use the wipes causing horrible burns and scarring before discovering it was poison ;)

Along a similar line though, a friend of mine had some clorox wipes on the back of the toilet and her husband being stranded in there with no TP gave them a try, apparently they burned pretty badly we still give him a bad time about having the cleanest bum around, and that was years ago.