Thread: napping outdoors..in cold weather

Blog Entries

Default napping outdoors..in cold weather

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21537988

Came across this as I was googling babies sleep habits and cold weather (ds won't sleep in his crib this eve at all after 2 nights of decent sleep and warmer nights..tonight it's cold again). Sounds crazy but I guess it's just another way cultures approach parenting differently.

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

We discovered quickly that Keira sleeps better when it's cool. Where we lived basically never got as cold as the article is talking about, but still. She STTN at 6 weeks for a whole week when we were camping and it was quite cool. Got home and she was back to waking quite a bit until we moved her bassinet to the other side of the room and left the window open all night-back to STTN. I would often put her outside for naps in the stroller also just to have her outside in the fresh air.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

DS absolutely loves to be outside. I think he would do very well with this! lol I don't think I could purposely put him outside for the sole purpose of napping, but he has definitely done it while we have been on the go and it was his nap time during the winter months.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Blog Entries

I personally can not sleep when it is hot and certainly the kids always sleep less well if they are hot, too. I can't really imagine leaving one of my kids outside in a stroller when I am inside, though. In the winter we have to keep the house cool at night and in the summer I have to have a fan blowing on me and keep it cool at night.

It was quite cold one day and I needed to be somewhere with my DD and my husband needed to be elsewhere. I decided to walk with my DD in the stroller to where I needed to be. It took 45 minutes and it was below freezing. She was still an infant, around 4 months of age, so in her infant seat and bundled well. She slept the whole way and was nice and warm when I took her out. Just her little cheeks were cool.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Blog Entries

I think maybe I am just a wimp. Cold weather is not my friend.

I agree about fresh air helping one sleep though. All my kids have napped well in strollers on the go and I love a good breeze blowing thru my window at night.

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

I hate cold weather but both boys sleep considerably better in cooler rooms or outdoors.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)