Thread: fingernail polish in the carpet.

Default fingernail polish in the carpet.

My darling little daughter dumped an entire bottle of fingernail polish on the 8m old carpet in her bedroom not once but TWICE in the past 5 days.

Im no an expert at removal. Full strength real acetone remover blotted with cotton balls, not a cloth removes enough to make a big smear. then soaking with Windex takes out the residue. Orange comes out more easily that dark purple sparkly kind. After spending about 45mins trying to get it off the girl, I decided to just let it wear off.

Both times i was busy and didnt check on her eventhough that voice in the back of my head was telling me to. Im not sure how long she was alone the first time, but the second was only about 5 minutes. she was in the kitchen with me cooking dinner, then Daddy came home and a few minutes later i went to look for her. Im thinking i may need to keep the polish under lock and key. Both times it was the 9yr old who left it where she could get it.

*now an expert

Put some Windex on it!

Ha! (Ok, movie line, may be funnier in my head. )

Thank you for sharing your expertise! With three girls this is likely to be handy information. Sorry you had to figure it out on your own, though. What a little mischief maker!

Thanks for sharing I've had a few spills of my own. From me not Sophia on the carpet not in the new house thank goodness James would have kicked my butt.
    Sophia did however painted her leg and belly which I thought it was high enough from her but, it was not. That was fun. Now all of my polishes are in the closet very high that I have to stand tippy toed to get and the closet door is hard for her to open.

Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    Put some Windex on it!

Ha! (Ok, movie line, may be funnier in my head. )

Thank you for sharing your expertise! With three girls this is likely to be handy information. Sorry you had to figure it out on your own, though. What a little mischief maker!
    My son just watched My Big fat Greek Wedding for the first time and after he said that the windex bit made him think of me Love the stuff, its my all purpose cleaner when something stronger than vinegar is needed.

Oh no! I'm glad you were able to get it cleaned up for the most part! Thanks for the tips!
    Jennifer

Good to know. I think we need to gather the collective wisdom of APA, make a "how to" book for moms with kids and publish it LOL
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Quote Originally Posted by tanyachap View Post
    Good to know. I think we need to gather the collective wisdom of APA, make a "how to" book for moms with kids and publish it LOL

I read that Ulta uses sugar on nail polish spills, but that's for hard floors, not sure how it would work with carpet.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!