Thread: Daughters in wedding dress pictures

Default Daughters in wedding dress pictures

I'm sure any of you who use Pinterest have seen this idea floating around. I saw it a long time ago and have been wanting to do it. Finally decided to have a crack at it.

DD2 was really hard to capture, since as soon as I put the dress on she wanted it off, and was in no mood to work with me (typical 2 year old, lol). And as soon as I picked up the camera, the baby started crying. So I shot DD2's picture with one arm holding the baby and the other hand holding the camera, while singing "Super Why" to attempt to distract her and get a better expression.

I will retake DD3's pictures when she gets older, but I had that dark thought of "what if I'm not around when she gets older?", and decided it was better to just go ahead and take some now, so its guaranteed they will ALL have a picture their mother took of them in her wedding dress... to display at their future wedding, or just to keep as a special picture.

I'm half pleased with them and half want to scrap the whole thing and do them all over. But I just think its a sweet idea. Has anyone else done this?

Last edited by KC's wifey; 04-14-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Adorable! I have seen this on Pinterest and I love it!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Pinterest seems to have new ideas all the time. I think its a sweet idea though until now I haven't seen or heard of it. If you aren't loving the pictures right now maybe you can try again in a few days or later.
    *** Lindsay ***

Sweet idea. Keep all of them!

Oh, I love them! So adorable!
    Jennifer

Amazing! I think you did an amazing job...and of course you had help since your models are so adorable!!
    Four Gulls - Mary

They are beautiful! Good work!

Polly they look sooo good. I love Tue third pic. Cute idea. Now I really wish I had a daughter.

This these are so adorable!

Can't wait to do it myself!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Polly you are a really good photograhper. So many of your pictures turn out so well! Very cute!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

You have a good eye, Polly. The adorable models don't hurt, either.

Ohhh I love this idea. I'm so going to do it!
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!

What a cute idea! Well, at least you have these pictures for sure right now, and I bet it would be so fun for the girls as they grow to try it again sometime. I still have my wedding dress, but no little girls. I feel like I'm hanging onto it for a reason, just haven't figured that reason out yet... I had to laugh when both my mom and my MIL offered their dresses when we were getting married. Yeah... besides the fact that they were both really outdated and yellowed, apparently they both only weighed about 100lbs when they got married! There's no way I could have squeezed into either dress and I was only an 8 when I got married!
    ~Andrea~

Absolutely beautiful
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Thanks, everyone! It was a fun thing to do, and I hope they are pictures that my girls will cherish when they are older.

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    This these are so adorable!

Can't wait to do it myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillismom View Post
    Ohhh I love this idea. I'm so going to do it!
    Yay! That is mostly why I shared. Hoping to spread the idea to other mommas who would like to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by sunkiss View Post
    What a cute idea! Well, at least you have these pictures for sure right now, and I bet it would be so fun for the girls as they grow to try it again sometime. I still have my wedding dress, but no little girls. I feel like I'm hanging onto it for a reason, just haven't figured that reason out yet... I had to laugh when both my mom and my MIL offered their dresses when we were getting married. Yeah... besides the fact that they were both really outdated and yellowed, apparently they both only weighed about 100lbs when they got married! There's no way I could have squeezed into either dress and I was only an 8 when I got married!
    That's another reason I love this idea. I think it is a nice way of having the bride wear her mother's dress while still choosing her own dress. I mean, I would be very touched if my daughter wanted to wear my dress down the aisle, but there will be no pressure there. I think there is also something magical about a bride going dress shopping and finding that perfect dress that she falls in love with.

For mommas with all boys, I've heard of other ideas for wedding dresses. This site has 25 different ideas. I love the idea of using it as a christening gown for future grandchildren and making a ring bearer pillow. Two ideas that would make amazing gift for sons or daughters (and grandchildren as well) are taking a piece of your dress and putting it in a Christmas ornament, and making a pendent (or tie tack or cuff links?). Would make a special gift for future daughter-in-laws, too. Although it would be really hard for me to cut up my dress!

I LOVE THIS!! Very cute!

Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    For mommas with all boys, I've heard of other ideas for wedding dresses. This site has 25 different ideas. I love the idea of using it as a christening gown for future grandchildren and making a ring bearer pillow. Two ideas that would make amazing gift for sons or daughters (and grandchildren as well) are taking a piece of your dress and putting it in a Christmas ornament, and making a pendent (or tie tack or cuff links?). Would make a special gift for future daughter-in-laws, too. Although it would be really hard for me to cut up my dress!
    Ha! Thanks for thinking of us "boys only" Mamas. ;) Since we made my wedding dress I wouldn't be too torn up about cutting it up and using it in the various ways you listed. That's a great idea! It rained on my wedding day and we never properly cleaned the dress, so there's that, too. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I love these! Beautiful! I pinned the idea a long time ago...I need to do it one day soon.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Quote Originally Posted by TripMomma View Post
    I love these! Beautiful! I pinned the idea a long time ago...I need to do it one day soon.
    Me, too! I just looked and it says I pinned it two years ago. Finally got around to it now.

So sweet you girls are gorgeous and you are an excellent photographer.

Those are beautiful!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

So cute!

Sara (35), wife to Nick (34), mom to Ainsley (2/22/09) and Raegan (1/15/12)
    Friend me on Facebook

Blog Entries

Adorable!!

My girls would love to do this!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)