Thread: Ovulation Test False Negative

Default Ovulation Test False Negative

Do Ovulation Tests often give false negatives? I feel like I should have gotten a positive by now! My period is due to start on April 20th. I'm so confused!

I have never experienced a false negative. Our cycles aren't always as "on time" as we'd like them to be. After my m/c I didn't ovulate until CD29 and can vary ovulation between CD18 and CD26. Keep using the OPKs, they will give you valuable diagnostic information. You can have a period, yet not ovulate during that cycle.

If you had a surge an opk will pick it up . Every woman has anovulatory cycles occasionally so you may not have ovulated.

On what CD did you start using them?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    On what CD did you start using them?
    This! And how often are you testing?
    Christina(38) DH-Rob(38)DD-Rylee(4) DS-T.J. 11/2/08-Always missing my baby boy. mm/c 04/12 My Triploidy baby - Long, long journey, but truly blessed to have my DD!! Chart-TTC#2 again

I started testing around CD 12-13. I had just stopped bleeding a few days prior. I use the kind of kit that you insert the strips into the tester. They are not individual testers. I test every single night. I typically test around 8-9 p.m. try to hit that hour I figure it is close enough to the "same" time if that close. I started taking my temps in the am. Right at 6:30 a.m. every single morning my temps for the past three days have been as follows. Not sure if any of you can tell me anything from these or not.....98.5, 98.2 and this morning 98.4. I feel so silly not being able to figure this out! I have been trying to so long to get pregnant! I wish I knew what was wrong with me!

Another piece to add to my "puzzle" on Sunday morning CD 17 I went to the bathroom wiped and noticed discharge with blood steaks through it very very little blood but I did see it! Had intercourse on Saturday night. Do you think that maybe I ovulated and my test didn't pick it up on Saturday night? I did have some beers on Saturday night (trying to "relax" and not worry about getting prego) thought that it might help . Perhaps my urine was watered down?

It would be really unlikely the digital test would miss your surge if you are testing every night so I would guess you haven't ovulated yet. Is it a clearblue digital?

You won't be able to tell anything from the temps until you see a definite temp rise which is usually a jump of 0.4 degrees or higher and the shift has to maintained for 3 days to confirm ovulation (I'm a stickler about using a bbt that goes to .01, lol, but many women do just fine using a thermometer with 0.1 ). Do you have a chart at www.fertilityfriend.com? If not, I totally recommend it...their website is soooo helpful !!!

I think the spotting could have been ovulation, but it's more likely to be from bd since you should have gotten a + opk 2-3 days prior. Even with watered down urine my opks will be + so I don't think the beer would have affected it.

I'm sorry this process hasn't been easier for you ! Have you seen an RE (I'm sorry if you've mentioned this before and I'm just not remembering )?

I can't remember what brand it is. I has 20 test sticks in the package. I think the package is pink. I bought it from Target and it was around 39.99 I think. I saw my doctor last month because I had horrible pain on my heavy period day. They did an ultrasound and said that I had an awful lot of fluid in there. He talked about doing a laprascopy surgery to remove endometriosis if there was any endo in there! He didn't know if that was the case or not. I'm suspecting that there is I hope i'm wrong! I decided to push the surgery off and keep trying for a little while before moving forward with the surgery!

Really hoping all you need is a little more time...the waiting cycle after cycle is so hard, but definitely do what is right for you !!!!