Thread: Elek's 2 Week Check-Up

Default Elek's 2 Week Check-Up

Well, they actually scheduled it when he was 11 days but I guess it doesn't matter.

IDK why but with every one of our children, at their first appointment they tend to soil their diaper right before. This time I was ready and we cleaned him up prior. With the other two the nurse had a "surprise" when she checked them and it was embarrassing for us.

Anyway, Elek was 6lbs 6oz when he left the hospital and 18.5in long. He has already grown to 6lbs 14oz and 19.5in in just 11 days! The weight gain was not as much of a surprise as the length gain for me. A whole inch in such a short time? It seems impossible to me but I guess not. lol His next appointment is at the end of May.

His pedi suggested we get an ultrasound of Elek's hips before he turns 6 weeks. I didn't think this would be necessary since he was born via c-section, but she said they like to do one just to make sure. Apparently, breech babies can have trouble with their hips dislocating. I was breech and had this issue but I was also a vaginal breech birth. I didn't think c-section babies had the same risk. Anyone heard of this?

Here is a pic of Elek taken yesterday.

Last edited by daynasrose; 04-12-2014 at 07:51 AM. Reason: add photo
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

Wow what a big boy!! I never heard of c-section babies having higher risk of displacia. But then here they never even check for it.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

He is so cute!!!!! I'm so jealous lol
    Kim-26 DH-26 Figuring out how to be a SAHM!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Wow what a big boy!! I never heard of c-section babies having higher risk of displacia. But then here they never even check for it.
    I asked my dr about the risk and she said it was low but they like to do the u/s just to be on the safe side. My DH thinks it is a waste of money but being I had it as a baby and they almost missed it, it scares me to think he may have issues. I almost ended up in braces my whole life! Thankfully the dr recognized it early enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ktpayne87 View Post
    He is so cute!!!!! I'm so jealous lol
    Thank you. You are almost there! Not long now.....

SO sweet!!

Hip displasia is more common in girls, but if there is family history I don't see the harm in checking it out.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

he is just so adorable!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I never trust those infant measurements! I'm sure he has grown, but I don't want you to be worried if the next measurement is no growth and/or less length the next time.

What did they do for your hip displasia?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

He is so cute!

He is so beautiful!! And how cute is that sleeping position??

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    I never trust those infant measurements! I'm sure he has grown, but I don't want you to be worried if the next measurement is no growth and/or less length the next time.

What did they do for your hip displasia?
    I won't be worried if there is little to no growth at the next appointment but usually my kiddos grow quite a bit. I think they play catch up from being in my tiny tummy.

For my hip displasia they told my mom to put three diapers on me instead of one. The diapers made my legs spread way out. She said she had to do it for a long time and that it worked and I did not have to go to the braces. She said it was funny because I always had my legs spread.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsBabyNum2 View Post
    He is so beautiful!! And how cute is that sleeping position??
    My DD also slept like that. lol

Oh I love him seriously! I know measurements can be off. They messed up on my length as a baby.