Thread: GBS Test

Default GBS Test

Holy Mother of GOD!!! That swab seriously hurt!!! Am I alone in this??

I thought I'd be able to get out of the test, altogether, because I'm having a scheduled repeat c/s but they said they needed to do it in the event that my water broke.

I don't remember it hurting as much as it did today.

Anyone else go through this agony recently? Did I get the special swab??
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Mine

Mine is in 3 weeks. Ug not looking forward to it. Have been keeping up with probiotics so I'm hoping for a negative...I was negative with both boys...

Good luck!! I hope that you are negative. Would it change any of your birth plans if you weren't?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Hmmmm. Was the swab internal? My ob just swabbed the exterior and anal area. Quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Good luck!! I hope that you are negative. Would it change any of your birth plans if you weren't?
    Well if I tested positive at 35-36 weeks we would treat it and then retest closer to birth. If negative then no change. If positive still after treatment closer to birth, then it would depend on a lot of factors. Mainly premature rupture of membranes, preterm labor, and GBS in uti.My midwife use to carry IV antibiotics. But since things have changed in this state i'm not sure.

Brenda

I get mine in about 2 weeks....or next week depending on who my appointment is with....is the swab anything like checking to see if you went into premature labor?
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

It was an vaginal swab (internal) and then a light swab around the anus. It was the vaginal part that hurt ...
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yeah, I had one where they did an internal swab when I went to the ED for possible preterm labor, it was not fun. I guess I will see about the GBS test here in a few weeks....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Mine didn't hurt. They swabbed the very outer part of the vagina and then the anal area. LOL I'd be mad if it hurt, it shouldn't!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Oh sheesh, maybe they didn't do it right ???? I've only had it done twice, but it didn't hurt at all either time .

Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels