Thread: Need honest opinions on baby name :)

Default Need honest opinions on baby name :)

I have absolutely no boy name ideas or preferences and dh likes Timothy so even though I'm meh about it a boy will be Timothy Robert (my dad and younger brother's names are Robert).

For a girl's name though I LOVE the name Evangeline and I LOVE the name Eleanor. Dh likes Evangeline and is meh about Eleanor so a girl will be Evangeline. However, I really want to combine the names, but our last name is Owens so:

Evangeline Eleanor Owens

I am super happy with how it sounds, but her initials would be three vowels and even worse EEO which brings to mind "Old Macdonald had a farm EIEIO" . I'm fine with it since no one uses initials anymore until adulthood and then it's only occasionally and really a non-issue imo.

Dh doesn't think the initials mattered, but would I be a bad mom for dooming my daughter to a lifetime of the initials EEO, lol or am I overthinking it???

Other options (that dh isn't as fond of but he leaves middles names up to me):

Evangeline Cate (or Kate...my twin's name is Chris so the C spelling would be in honor of him, but my name begins with a K so that would be fine too ).
    Evangeline Claire (dh's least fav of the three middle names)

Thoughts?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I'm not in your birth group, just lurking

I think Evangeline Eleanor Owens sounds beautiful! I would never have associated EEO with EIEIO, so I'd say don't worry about that! If anything it reminds me of CEO, but only because it sounds similar and even then, my mind didn't even go there. Personally, I don't even think of initials unless it would spell out something completely wrong or gross, or something. My initials are EGS! I didn't even realize it was 'eggs' until I had them embroidered on my soccer duffel bag, and thought it sounded funny but it wasn't a big deal. Good luck mama! We know one Evangeline, she goes by Eva. So cute!

Quote Originally Posted by futuresoccermom View Post
    I'm not in your birth group, just lurking

I think Evangeline Eleanor Owens sounds beautiful! I would never have associated EEO with EIEIO, so I'd say don't worry about that! If anything it reminds me of CEO, but only because it sounds similar and even then, my mind didn't even go there. Personally, I don't even think of initials unless it would spell out something completely wrong or gross, or something. My initials are EGS! I didn't even realize it was 'eggs' until I had them embroidered on my soccer duffel bag, and thought it sounded funny but it wasn't a big deal. Good luck mama! We know one Evangeline, she goes by Eva. So cute!
    We have had the name Evangeline picked out since our last baby and oh my word I am soooo in love with the name, lol, I won't be disappointed if we have a boy, but I'll be sad we didn't get to use our girl name .

I love that name Kelly!!!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Um I love it! Then I am slightly partial to the name Eleanor.

I love it! Agreed, EEO didn't make me think of Old McDonald. I am a BIG fan of Claire though, always have been!!

I love Evangeline Eleanor Owens. It has a nice ring to it.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Overthinking! ;) You've got mental capacity back now that you're on the zofran, eh? ;)

I love EEO.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Thank you ladies! That makes me feel worlds better, lol, just needed some outside perspective

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Overthinking! ;) You've got mental capacity back now that you're on the zofran, eh? ;)

I love EEO.
    Hahaha...that is actually so true...totally enjoying the moments of clarity, but now my brain and body are trying to do everything at once out of defense mode realizing it may be temporary .

Definitely overthinking it Kelly! It doesn't make me think of Old MacDonald either. Middles are used so little these days, I bet it wouldn't even be noticed if a kid had the initials EIO! I really do love Evangeline Eleanor Owens. It sounds so feminine and elegant!
    ~Andrea~

Popping in to say that I think Evangeline is the prettiest name ever! And I thought of CEO too, not EIEIO.

Evangeline E. Owens has a lovely ring to it!

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    Popping in to say that I think Evangeline is the prettiest name ever! And I thought of CEO too, not EIEIO.

What about evangeline elena owens, the elenaowens blends right together

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlexandra View Post
    What about evangeline elena owens, the elenaowens blends right together
    DH has an Aunt Elaine Owens and although the name is beautiful and his Aunt is a very nice woman, lol, I don't want to give the impression we're naming our dd after her...it would be awkward .

And I love the name Evangeline Eleanor, I just wasn't sure if the initials would be okay together...don't want her to go through life being sung "EIEIO" to (haha, we have a daughter Dinah and ironically she loves to bake...soooo "Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah" has been the bane of her life ).

Quote Originally Posted by sunkiss View Post
    Definitely overthinking it Kelly! It doesn't make me think of Old MacDonald either. Middles are used so little these days, I bet it wouldn't even be noticed if a kid had the initials EIO! I really do love Evangeline Eleanor Owens. It sounds so feminine and elegant!
    Yaay, I was going for elegant so I'm glad it comes across that way

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post

I hadn't thought of how Evangeline E. Owens sounds...you're right!

Hahaha, okay, we seriously need to have a girl and if we don't, one of my boys are just going to have to have an Evangeline Eleanor Owens !!!!

I think the name is awesome

And with your high HR, I think a girl's name is the way to go...
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I think the name is awesome

And with your high HR, I think a girl's name is the way to go...
    It was 170 this morning !!!!!! Maybe that's why we're having trouble nailing down a boy's name we love . Oh...and Rachel/Rachoochoo had a baby girl dream for me...it's a done deal .

I like the name Evangeline. Because I love the nickname Eva or eve. I think it sounds beautiful. And I like timothy Robert too. Sounds almost regal.

I keep mentioning Evangeline to my husband.... I don't think he is budging . it is a BEAUTIFUL name . if you go with Evangeline Kate, possibly something to think about, probably nothing at all. But you might be referencing the show Lost the main female character is named Kate and her real name is Evangeline. I don't think that would stop me in naming my daughter, but maybe something to think about.
    DH(34) Me (30) First child due 11/14/14

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie10 View Post
    I keep mentioning Evangeline to my husband.... I don't think he is budging . it is a BEAUTIFUL name . if you go with Evangeline Kate, possibly something to think about, probably nothing at all. But you might be referencing the show Lost the main female character is named Kate and her real name is Evangeline. I don't think that would stop me in naming my daughter, but maybe something to think about.
    That is good to know!! I have never seen the show, but I know looots of people who loved it and they would have undoubtedly made that connection! It may not deter us either, but at least I'll be prepared if we do go with that name !!!

It's funny because I usually do a general google search and a google image search of any name we're considering because I don't want to accidentally name our baby after a serial killer or something accidentally , but I haven't plugged our current names in yet...going to have to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    That is good to know!! I have never seen the show, but I know looots of people who loved it and they would have undoubtedly made that connection! It may not deter us either, but at least I'll be prepared if we do go with that name !!!

It's funny because I usually do a general google search and a google image search of any name we're considering because I don't want to accidentally name our baby after a serial killer or something accidentally , but I haven't plugged our current names in yet...going to have to do that!

Oh kelly I have never heard that before!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Haha, ya, I have some paranoia issues to work out about baby-naming !!!!

I always, always, always wanted to have a Tristan and a Troy. When I was pregnant with DS2 I just wasn't connecting with the name anymore. I couldn't understand why. So we decided on Preston Troy Lavenant. Sometimes I regret it because Tristan and Preston sound similar....especially when you're yelling down the hall but my little guy looks like a Preston (fair skin, big blue eyes, and blonde curly hair) he looks nothing like my olive toned, dark hair blue eyed other two.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks