Thread: losing mucus plug

Default losing mucus plug

Can you lose your mucus plug over the course of a few days or is it all at once? The past week or so I have noticed alot of ewcm on my underwear. It is not everytime but it has definetly increased compared to what I normally have. I am not sure if it is just extra discharge or I am starting to lose my mucus plug. There is no color to it and it is only on my underwear, no on the toilet paper.

*Stalking*

Personally, my mucus plug looked exactly like mucus. Grayish/Greenish. And it was all at once. But everyone is different! Could just be all the changes going on down there. Good luck!

Try google or yahoo images. Plug is really gross... but it is pretty unmistakeable lol. Increased EWCM could be the "flush" your body does to prepare for labor. Also you can loose plug all in one shot or in a couple of pieces or over a couple of days. It can be almost any color. Clear, yellow, white, greenish, pinkish, brownish... streaked with blood... but it always looks the same... like a blob of jelly like stuff. Think thick boogery stuff, like when you are really sick.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

It is white and thick. I wouldn't say that it looks like a blob of jelly, just looks like extra discharge. It is probably just extra discharge like you said flushing everything out. After my massage yesterday I feel different, like something is going on. It is hard to explain. He has dropped even more so there is alot of pressure now and hurts to walk. Hopefully it won't be too much longer!

FX for you!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I don't think its mp.. your body does this extra mucous before labor.. don't worry if this starts to smell either. I had same exact thing my doctor had a name for it..i cant remember..Your mp might come out soon..mine didnt however

Personally it takes about 5 to 6 days after I start noticing a mucusy discharge to finally go into labor. My mucus plug looks clear and creamy but always mucusy and sometimes it's even really sticky. I NEVER have blood until a few days before but that's just me. Some women lose it all at once with some blood and everything, some don't. It can takes weeks sometimes. And even after you lose your plug it can take a while after that to go into labor I wouldn't worry about it. You're 36 weeks so you could keep this up until 40 + weeks. Not trying to burst your bubble on going into labor soon because it could also mean labor is just around the corner I would definitely see it as a good sign if it were happening to me. Also with feeling like you dropped I would think your body is starting to get ready.

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

This last time I started losing my plug a few weeks before I had him. I had bloody show the night before my water broke.
    Melissa(35)+DH(36) DD1, DD2, DD3, and DS born March 25, 2014 love my angel babies

Mine looked like a thick, yellow glob of jello and it was big enough to fill the palm of my hand. Kinda gross actually. I continued to lose pieces of it for 5 days and went into labor on the 6th.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

I've been losing mine since Friday. It's bloody and gross lol. No contractions for me. I never lost it with my other 2.

In doing research I think it is just extra discharge. I am so uncomfortable though and my vajay hurts so much I can hardly walk. It feels like a lot of pressure and that I am being pulled apart down there. Hopefully that means he is dropping even more and getting ready.