Thread: Hormones, nightsweats and hives

Threaded View

Default Hormones, nightsweats and hives

I know there are several moms on here who have experienced hives either on themselves or their kiddos. I was hoping someone could help me to figure out if that's what I have going on.

This seems to be a hormonal thing for me and my OB hasn't been too helpful with this specific problem. Since having my babies, I'm pretty sure that I'm in perimenopause because I have many of the symptoms. One of them seems to be night sweats with my period. It starts a day or two before AF and lasts until a day or two after. It's awful. I don't even feel hot, I just wake up sweaty and then feel chilly from the sweat and have to change blankets. Well almost every month when this happens, I also get what I believe are hives on my hips where they contact the bed when I lay on my sides. (I'm pretty much only a side-sleeper) It happens on both sides and I definitely feel a lot of sweat right on these spots whan I wake. UGH! It drives me nuts! Anyway, the "hives" or whatever it is forms in raised, puffy red lines (or sometimes just spots) and are very itchy. They clear up if I can manage to leave them alone, but get really bad if I scratch.

So my questions are... does anyone have ideas to try to make the night sweats stop and do hives sometimes form in lines like that?

Thanks for any advice!
    Last edited by sunkiss; 04-11-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    ~Andrea~