Thread: Am I pregnant? Need opinions.

Red face Am I pregnant? Need opinions.

Hey everyone,
    I am in need of some opinions. This post may be TMI, so I apologize in advance. I have been taking the same birth control for about 2 years now, and have never missed a period. Sometimes my periods are very light, but it's always noticeable that I'm certainly on my period. Last week, I was supposed to be on my period, but did not really bleed. There was one day when I wiped after using the restroom and there was a tiny bit of darker blood, but that is all. I never bled after the fact or anything. My breasts were swollen (as usual) the whole week I should have been on my period, and now they have gone back to normal size. I took a pregnancy test two days after when the end of my period should have been, and it came back negative. This week I have been constantly hungry, gassy, and I constantly want to have sex. I also find myself extremely exhausted constantly. I am a student, but I haven't felt this exhausted in a very long time. Am I just over thinking things, or should I take another pregnancy test? I know that sometimes there can be implantation bleeding (when the egg implants itself), but would it really happen when my normal period should take place? Please let me know what you think.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by haley; 04-10-2014 at 08:57 PM.

If you take the pill on time all the time there is hardly any chance you could be pregnant unless you've had antibiotics within this pass month making it less effective.
    The exhaustion could be possibly stress from being a student or other things in life. You could take another test next week but, I doubt you are pregnant.
    *** Lindsay ***

Blog Entries

I agree with Lindsay.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Antibiotics or grapefruit will render birth control useless. Some other medications will as well. You also have to take them at the same time every day and not miss any of them. Any of those factors do increase risk of pregnancy. However it is still highly unlikely. Your best bet is to take a home pregnancy test. They have some at walmart for $0.88 that work. GL!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I also agree that it is highly unlikely, especially if you've been taking BC as prescribed. When I was on BC, I would spot every now and then close to when AF should start. Stress can also cause your body to do weird things, so i would take that into consideration as well.
    on 09/29/2010. Isaiah James (DS) 05/21/2011