Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rachel/ Reddonahue Updates

Look at those precious boys! It sounds like everything is going great with them. Not much longer now.

Your babies look amazing.

The tech was giggling like crazy at how the boys were showing off their genitalia. So she printed a couple of pictures for us, every time I look at them I laugh myself and I put them on the fridge lol

Great update !!!!!!

The pics are just precious !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

26 weeks!!

Well. Another week has flown by. A maximum of 11 weeks until baby time! DH seems to think the babies will come on their own before 37 weeks, some days I agree based on how hard this is on my body. But most of the time I am confident we will have to be induced lol

A few announcements for you ladies.....

We picked names finally! My boys will be Bradley & Zachary. No middle names yet, but its a start. You guys are actually the first people we have told! We will name them based on birth order.

I know, I know... My #1 name (Brayden) is gone. My EX-brother in law just had a son two weeks ago and named him Brayden of all things and it totally ruined it for meeeee. I didn't want my Maggie to have a brother and a first cousin named Brayden. Ugh.

ALSO, I found out from my own Mother who couldn't help but just TELL me, that my Baby Shower is this Sunday!!! I'm so excited!! Sadly DH will be out of out state on business, I really wanted him to be there. But I have a Big Sister t-shirt for DD and I'll dress her all up for it. I'll try and share pics Sunday or Monday.

And here is this week's belly. Hard to believe I still have an innie belly button, but it is super deep to begin with and never popped with DD. I'm curious what that might look like!

Rachel you look so precoius! Beautiful baby bump!!
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

Happy 26wks!!!!!

Your twin bump is adorable !

I love the names !!

You look amazing. I love the names too. I hope you have a wonderful shower and get a ton of necessary items and have fun.

How did your shower go?

Yay for names and a shower! You look awesome too! My belly button is super deep too and never popped with DD1 either, lol. I guess it's kind of nice in a way because I don't think that would be very comfortable. You've got enough to handle carrying twinsies!

OK! The site hasn't been working for me all day but I'll try now. BABY SHOWER was amazing and better than I imagined. I was nervous all morning about being the center of attention but it was great. Lots of surprise guests, my registry was bought out except for small things that I can easily pick up myself. I have lots of doubles to return and I'll probably get diapers with the money! I did get 8 packs of diapers but clearly with twins I will needs sooo many. Lots of matchy matchy clothes which I love. The bigger items include, a hand me down second crib, the Arms Reach bassinet, lots of gift cards, highchair, both car seats! I need to start sorting but I just kind of like looking at the mess right now.

People kept complimenting me on how great I look, which was nice to hear because I feel ginormous. We played the game where people cut the ribbon to guess how big my belly is. most ribbons were way too big so I must look as huge as I feel. LoL

I was so happy that I avoided the baby Name question from everyone! I handmade some untraditional thank you notes. Let me know what you guys think! I wanted to say thank you but also announce the boy's names to everyone outside of Facebook. And I wanted to avoid telling in person because everyone and their mother has SO many opinions about names! And we are dead set now and I don't wanna hear it.

Also a sneak peek at the nursery.

Love love love everything...the notes...the nursery...you look so cute...so happy things are going well for you. What an amazing blessing of gifts for your shower.

I see now my pics are really big and a little blurry, sorry about that. The tree was the guestbook at the shower. Everyone who came used their fingers to put fingerprints on the tree, and its something I can hang in the nursery. I just LOVE it. "The Hardin Family Tree just grew, we made a wish and two came true!"

14. Default

I love your thank you card and that you're using it to reveal the names. Great idea!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Rachel everything looks so cute and crafty! And you are just glowing!
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

10 more weeks!! I can't believe next week I'll be in single digit week countdown mode. Yikes!

17. Default

Craziness!!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Gosh. The time is flying by. And I'm loving every second of it! The closer you are means I'm right behind you. 😉

Oh my word, I just love the pics of your shower and your ty notes are *adorable*...what a fantastic idea !!!

WOW, only 10wks !! Let the countdown begin, woohooo !

28 WEEKS! I can hardly believe it. 9 weeks until my induction if the twins haven't come on their own yet.

Highlights of the past week or so:
    HUGE burst of energy. I feel pretty great, sleeping well, people are telling me I am glowing and I actually feel like I am glowing a bit. I am sure the next "wall" is just around the corner but I am really enjoying this week so far.

OB Appointment today at 3:00, I have to drink my GD drink beforehand, here's hoping I pass! I am also hopeful I will get another sheet for an U/S for a growth scan. I want to see my boys and see how much they weigh now, and see if they are still head down. It feels that way, but you never know!

Having my first BHs ever! In the evenings after standing too long to do dishes, etc I start having them. This is all new to me as I never had any with DD. And the compression stockings are doing the trick, very happy to take them off when I get home and have skinny ankles.

My coworkers let me know they are throwing me a baby shower October 8th, it was nice of them to give me a heads up! They mentioned they would be buying diapers and all going in on one big giftcard. SO NICE! I feel so thankful for the outpouring of love for these boys.

And here's the belly today!

Yay! Looking amazing mama! Everything is cute cute cute!!! Love!

Ob appointment update: went in for my 28 week appt, the Doctor was kissing my Big ol' Butt the entire time. I am guessing my Aunt made sure he knew how upset he made me the last time with the weight comment! He even told me how great I looked Bahaha. And didn't mention my weight gain (3lbs in 4 weeks). He hugged me as I left and I guess all is forgiven. So Yay.

Fundal height of 38 weeks and I definitely look the part. Used the doppler for heartbeats. Got the flu shot which I have never done, even when not pregnant. Feels like my arm is going to fall off!!! He gave me a slip for a growth scan next week. Yay!! Now I'm starting appointments every two weeks. Hooray for the third trimester.
    Last edited by RedDonahue; 09-19-2014 at 05:28 AM.

I am glad that your appointment went better than it did last time!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Wow lovely pic of the boys!!! 1.5 hours waiting I would be peeved too. This is why I always take the very first appt in the mornings as this will ensure that I don't have to wait unless someone goes into labor.
    Marsha

[/url]

Awwwww, your twinsie bump is looking fantastic !!

I'm glad this appt went better and yaaaaay for the 3rd tri !!

29 Weeks today <3

Had my 3 hour GTT this morning and I should have the results either tomorrow or Monday. It wasn't bad, mostly just boring so I read a book while I sat there. I did have a little bit of blurry vision about an hour after drinking the juice, but it went away within 5-10 minutes. I ran straight to lunch at Panera around 11:30 when I was done, I was SO hungry.

Next OB appointment is a week from today. Next growth scan will either be in 2 or 4 weeks, I will find out next Thursday. 8 weeks and counting!

This weekend I am going to watch my DH race his last Nascar race of this season. He has withdrawn from a few big races in November because he doesn't want to be far away in case of labor, so I am thankful for that. I figured I would do my wifely duty and be by his side for his final race, hoping for a win and a handsome check $$$.

TMI Alert....This isn't something people probably talk about out loud but I'm looking for suggestions.

Today I had the OB run my urine to check for UTI. I had a few spots of pink blood that I am pretty sure didn't come from my vagina. BUT it could've come from my labia. I am having major sensitivity and soreness issues down below. (i have very sensitive skin anyways) For 3 months now I have had to wear pantyliners, my labia and everything is so sore and uncomfortable all the time. I started researching more organic versions of panty liners, maybe even something i can wear and wash myself? Right now I just wear unscented liners hoping for the best. Then I thought maybe I have an exterior yeast infection, so i got some cream for that a couple of days ago. I have been wearing roomy shorts when I sleep to let the entire area breathe a little bit at night and that seems to be helping. I don't know, I am at a loss. If anyone has suggestions please let me know!! This happened to me my first pregnancy as well and I just completely forgot about my issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    TMI Alert....This isn't something people probably talk about out loud but I'm looking for suggestions.

Today I had the OB run my urine to check for UTI. I had a few spots of pink blood that I am pretty sure didn't come from my vagina. BUT it could've come from my labia. I am having major sensitivity and soreness issues down below. (i have very sensitive skin anyways) For 3 months now I have had to wear pantyliners, my labia and everything is so sore and uncomfortable all the time. I started researching more organic versions of panty liners, maybe even something i can wear and wash myself? Right now I just wear unscented liners hoping for the best. Then I thought maybe I have an exterior yeast infection, so i got some cream for that a couple of days ago. I have been wearing roomy shorts when I sleep to let the entire area breathe a little bit at night and that seems to be helping. I don't know, I am at a loss. If anyone has suggestions please let me know!! This happened to me my first pregnancy as well and I just completely forgot about my issues.
    Oh that does not sound fun. I'm sorry. Is moisture the problem? What about a powder perhaps, address it a bit like a chafing issue? What does your OB say about it?

Well a couple of updates this morning.

My above issue is almost all cleared up lol So no more worries there, I think too much moisture was the problem all along. I spent a lot of the weekend not wearing underwear to just let the whole are breathe as much as possible. Thanks for responding Elle!

I got my results this morning and I passed my 3 Hour Glucose Test!!!! I feel so lucky and relieved. One less worry on my mind.

I wanted to share the little hats I had made for the boys so people will know who is who in the hospital!!! I am so in love I want to buy more! lol

Wooohoooo, congrats on passing the 3hr GTT !!!!

I'm so glad the labial irritation and spotting cleared up for you...I'm having the same issue and that's what I was going suggest, lol, going commando as much as possible . Aquaphor helps too .

I love love LOOOOVE the hats !!!!!!!!