Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rachel/ Reddonahue Updates

So exciting to find out you're a week further than you thought!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Great great news. So happy for you....

What an awesome update. You might just have a boy and girl in there. Those heart rates sound like it. I love the u/s pics. I can't wait til your gender u/s. �👣👣👣

What a fantastic update, woohooooo !!!!!

Your babies are just beautiful !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Hellllllooooo Normalcy! I seriously feel like my old self again. Apart from some insomnia issues I feel just fantastic. No anti-nausea meds since last Thursday. I was starting to think with twins I would not feel good the rest of the pregnancy. You never like to talk about it because you think you are going to jinx yourself! lol But i am happy, Lots of energy. Keeping up with the house and doing a lot more with my 3 year old.

Next OB appointment isn't until June 30th, ugh. Lots of waiting to do but I was spoiled last week so.

So glad you're feeling normal again. Just don't overdo it. Take it easy. Hopefully time will go by quickly and your appt will be here before you know it.

that's fantastic...what a relief to feel better, isn't it!!! LOL, I haven't had twins, but I still wondering during the 1st tri if I'll ever feel normal again .

I hope time passes quickly until your next appt !

Sweet relief....

Awwwww, just seeing the video and nt scan of the twins! How awesome!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Happy 15wks!!!!!

15 weeks!!

I was just looking back at June 10th where I said I feel amazing! Yeah not so much. lol Out of every week I have about 3 or 4 good days. Then terrrrrible days in between. I have been logging food and trying to see if my diet is setting the nausea off somehow, and I have a couple of theories. I do notice I feel better on the days where I eat heavy meals. And the days that I eat a lot of snack type foods or fruits and not enough animal protein, I feel pretty bad.

But for the most part I am happy happy. I had an off day emotionally yesterday, sorry about the ranting! lol I know there are some things that I can't ignore and if I do, then I start to feel off emotionally. For example, if DH and I don't DTD enough, I start to feel bad about myself and start worrying that I'm not meeting his needs. So I've made it a point to keep that close bond despite my nausea. And not letting myself get too worried about the babies and keeping myself as busy as possible. I was even able to watch that Lifetime movie Return to Zero without letting it mess with my head like I thought it might. Very powerful.

Counting the days until my next appt June 30th. Can't wait to see them! One is my wiggle worm and the other is my lazy butt, I can't keep track of the whole Baby A and Baby B thing so that's how I refer to them. lol It'll be fun to see if those personalities change later in the pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Happy 15wks!!!!!
    Haha! You beat me to it Kelly! Thank you!!

Almost half way through! How Exciting! !!

So using the doppler is getting harder! It wasn't an easy task anyway trying to distinguish between two different babies. But my anterior placentas must be in the way and getting bigger. It took forever yesterday to find a good spot to hear the babies. But after 20 minutes I was able to find both babies on different sides of my belly. I was having a worrisome day and it really helped hearing them. Not sure when I will start feeling significant movements, but I know that will help too when the time comes.

my LO was really hard to find between 13 and 17wks with the doppler because of an anterior placenta too. I think my placenta is still slightly anterior, but has moved more to the right because I can find her a lot more easily now without having to work around all the placental noises . It really is so reassuring to be able to check on them isn't it ! Feeling movement is definitely reassuring...hopefully it won't be long for you !!!

Thanks Kelly! I am feeling 'things' and have been for awhile... but nothing significant enough to give me those happy feelings. lol Tick tock tick tock. Always waiting for something! 1 week til my next OB appointment.

DD is having her adenoids taken out Wednesday. Does anyone have experience with this? She is supposed to be a flower girl in a wedding on Saturday and I am hoping she will be find and dandy by then! Doc said it is usually only 1 day recovery.

Mikaylee had her tonsils and adenoids removed last summer and was back to her old self within a couple of days.

You'll feel those babies soon enough. I'm so excited your having two. Double blessings.

My friends son had them out and it was about two days of pain and about a week to really feel like his old self.

Glad you managed to hear the hb! It us a double worry for you now
    Don't have adenoids experience but heard from friends usually all is more or less back to normal within 2-3 days.

16 weeks!

I like that time is starting to fly by. The day to day worries are lessening the farther along I get. Get to see the babies on Monday! DH gets to go this time, love when he's there with me. Feeling Ok, boobs ache bad at the end of the day, they are just growing and growing. I've started taking a half dose of milk of magnesia every day to keep things flowing and that is giving me SO much relief. Achey down below, like my belly is already getting heavy :-\ But I'm used to it so I'm not complaining much.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Happy 16wks!!!!!

Happy 16 weeks!!!!

23. Default

16 weeks!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

OB Appointment today, it's been 4 weeks since I've seen my twins!! Heard them on the doppler last night just to relieve any worries. Part of me doesn't know that I am hearing two different babies, but I am on complete opposite sides of my belly so I am guessing yes. One was registering around 155, the other 150. So I expect everything to go perfectly. But just seeing them will be amazing!!!!

DH might get to go, depending on if he has to go to Settlement for our re-finance on the house. Say some prayers and good lucks for the refinance to go smoothly. We moved into his grandfather's house last July and completely renovated it. Took over the mortgage and now we are refinancing to take him off of the mortgage. So far so good, we are able to pull out 45k to pay off debts, which will free up all the extra money we will need for the twins daycare! The cheapest we have found so far is $1100 a month. Ugh. lol

Hope all goes well with refinancing and with your appointment! !! Stalking for updates!

How exciting to see the babies again today !! Praying for a great appointment !

Praying too that the refinance goes well and you get all that's needed to cover daycare costs for your little ones !!!

Well I guess I'm a brat, but I'm not happy lol No sonogram! Otherwise babies were good, he just used the doppler (I did that yesterday! Grrrrr) One baby's heartbeat was 150, the other 140. He gave me a slip to schedule my Anatomy scan for 20 weeks. But luckily my elective is on July 11th so I don't have to wait too much longer to see my babies! He Measured my fundal height and it's showing 23 weeks! I was thinking "that makes sense, look at me!" lol he said it's normal for twins to measure way ahead and to expect to gain a pound a week. So far no grief about my weight gain, a total of 10lbs so far. Quite a few pounds crept on the last few weeks out of nowhere.

Sooo... not much going on with me physically, but that's a good thing I suppose. About half as much aches and pains as I was having, like my body is getting used to the weight of the babies. (for now! HA) Just waiting patiently for my elective u/s on Friday!! Going to be a long work week. This week though, I have REALLY been feeling babies more often. Espeically at night when I am trying to get comfy.

But in other news, one of our many steps in preparation for the twins arrival....we upgraded my vehicle. SO i went from this bug to this mini-van! (see pic below) I loved my bug so it was hard to let her go, but clearly necessary lol The more I drive it, the more I love the van. It feel luxurious in comparison.

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by RedDonahue; 07-07-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Well I guess I'm a brat, but I'm not happy lol No sonogram! Otherwise babies were good, he just used the doppler (I did that yesterday! Grrrrr) One baby's heartbeat was 150, the other 140. He gave me a slip to schedule my Anatomy scan for 20 weeks. But luckily my elective is on July 11th so I don't have to wait too much longer to see my babies! He Measured my fundal height and it's showing 23 weeks! I was thinking "that makes sense, look at me!" lol he said it's normal for twins to measure way ahead and to expect to gain a pound a week. So far no grief about my weight gain, a total of 10lbs so far. Quite a few pounds crept on the last few weeks out of nowhere.
    I totally missed this post !!! I'm so sorry you didn't get a scan, boooo ! Sounds like a great appt otherwise though and I think a 10lb gain with twins is fantastic !!

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Sooo... not much going on with me physically, but that's a good thing I suppose. About half as much aches and pains as I was having, like my body is getting used to the weight of the babies. (for now! HA) Just waiting patiently for my elective u/s on Friday!! Going to be a long work week. This week though, I have REALLY been feeling babies more often. Espeically at night when I am trying to get comfy.

But in other news, one of our many steps in preparation for the twins arrival....we upgraded my vehicle. SO i went from this bug to this mini-van! (see pic below) I loved my bug so it was hard to let her go, but clearly necessary lol The more I drive it, the more I love the van. It feel luxurious in comparison.

Untitled.jpg
    I don't have twins, but I felt like that too...really achy/stretchy until 18-20wks sometime and since then have only felt achy/crampy if I don't drink enough (or drink too much coffee ). Thinking of you this week and hoping your long work week goes by quickly !!

Your van is fantastic...love it !! LOL, I love having a vehicle big enough to fit my entire family in comfortably *plus* all the stuff we need for trips (a 15 passenger), but I do miss the mini-van days...not because I'm in love with minis, but because they have so much space and are so much easier to park (they also get great mileage considering all that they offer). It's going to be so nice for you having so much room for all the carseats...with 3+ it can get tricky, but you shouldn't have any trouble at all !

Eeeek, cannot wait to see pics from your scan on Friday !!!!!!

Ok, my day just got MUCH better. I called my insurance and after a 5 minute conversation I will be receiving my Double Breast Pump in 14 days!!! So glad I finally just called, I kept thinking I couldn't get it until the babies arrived. NOW I will have it in plenty of time and the one I have in storage I won't have to worry about cleaning right away. The reviews on this one are hit or miss, half good, half bad but you can't beat freeeee....http://www.toysrus.com/buy/electric-...17085m-4239855