Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rachel/ Reddonahue Updates

I use the MyFitnessPal app and love it . It doesn't adjust for pg, but in the 1st tri you don't need any extra calories; in your 2nd and 3rd tris with a twin pg though you'll need 600 calories over your daily maintenance level (300/baby). Imo, a 5lb gain in the 1st tri is great . Considering you should gain 35-45lbs with a twin pg I'd say you're right on track...you've got less than 30wks left so an avg of 1lb/wk from now on would be a great goal . I think even more important than caloric intake though is nutritional content...don't worry about it too much until you start feeling better, but once you're able to eat normally again really try to focus on foods that are nutrient dense. If I were expecting twins I'd request a referral to a dietitian asap to get a better idea of what a healthy twin pg diet looks like to make sure you and both babies are getting the right amount of nutrition for the healthiest possible outcome .

Praying the time goes quickly and you have great appts !!!

the wait is so grueling...I totally get that !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

11 weeks!! woooooohoo

Thanks Kelly. I did start using loseit yesterday and I set it to the "maintain weight" goal setting. Since I've used it before I have friends on there and it has saved all of my foods I've ever logged. So far so good. At least I have a max number of cals each day to look at. Yesterday I thought I ate a ton of food but was still 800 cals from my max for the day. I had 4 clementines yesterday! And an avocado grilled cheese for dinner. NOM.

This time next week I will be at my NT scan! Can't wait, the weekend always helps time fly by. Going to a wedding Saturday and date day with the DH Sunday. Going to the movies and to lunch just the two of us.

Mmmm clementines lol. Fruit is my biggest craving!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

So at first when you started talking about using a calorie counting app I was worried that you were going to get obsessive about your weight, but kinda funny how you used it and didn't even meet your max goal!

I'm glad the app is going to work for you since it has a maintain weight setting.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Thanks Dorcas! Yeah, the only reason I want to keep an eye on it, but definitely not obsess over it....My OB (a man of course) would lecture me SO BAD with my first pregnancy because I did end up gained a whopping 60lbs by the end. But I kept telling him it couldn't be food weight and that it had to be water weight because I was so bloated. And also I knew I wasn't eating that much! Well before long he realized I did have edema and I lost 40lbs right after giving birth and the rest within 4 weeks of giving birth. So it just sticks out in my mind that HE was obsessive over it and he stressed me out over it. In every other area he was great to me and wonderful, and that's the only reason I am back with him. Hoping its different this time around, I mean, i do have 2 in there! lol

Oh yum, grilled cheese/avocado !!!!!!!

For me, keeping track of my food intake isn't obsessing over my weight, but to make sure I'm getting the nutrition I need . I think some people do great without the accountability and then there are others like me, lol, who need the visual. I'm similar in that I tend to think I overate, but when I plug in my food for the day I'm usually under the recommended calories and protein, but over in carbs so I end up scrounging around when I'm bloated and not hungry at night trying to find something with calories and protein .

When I'm not pg I eat basically the same things every day with dinner being the only thing that varies, but m/s kind of blew that out of the water and even though I feel better I can't eat some of the things I used to. So now I'm trying to get back into the same pattern, but with different foods that don't make me gag when I think of them, lol .

Happy 11wks!!!!!!!!!

Eek, hoping and praying this week goes by quickly for you...your NT scan will be here before you know it !

Woohooooo for date night !

Ah, good call. You can totally bust out the app and say "SEE!!! I'm not over eating buddy!" Though, I would hope that he would keep your previous experience in the back of his mind.

The more I hear about weight nazis the more in love I am with my doctors. I did get a heavy "you need to exercise" lecture from my doctor yesterday, but it was just about general health and not tied to weight. I need a hip replacement, buddy, I can't just go walk around the block. Oh well. I nodded and we moved on. LOL.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Ah, good call. You can totally bust out the app and say "SEE!!! I'm not over eating buddy!" Though, I would hope that he would keep your previous experience in the back of his mind.

The more I hear about weight nazis the more in love I am with my doctors. I did get a heavy "you need to exercise" lecture from my doctor yesterday, but it was just about general health and not tied to weight. I need a hip replacement, buddy, I can't just go walk around the block. Oh well. I nodded and we moved on. LOL.
    Isn't that the truth...me too !!!!! I have never had a dr/midwife bother me about my weight. I gained 43lbs with my 1st and only 20lbs with my 8th yet, not a word from my care-providers, it was so nice despite being at the upper end of the recommended gain with my first and at the lower end with my 8th .

LUCKY LADIES!! Here's hoping I can keep the edema at bay this time around and like Dorcas said, hopefully he keeps it in the back of his mind that I had issues three years ago with it. I am not very confident that I won't have the swelling again, but we'll see. It didn't hit hard until around 34 weeks.

Well, and if he doesn't remember you can remind him.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Well my Diclegis ran out on Wednesday. And I can't get more free samples until my OB Appointment on Monday. Yesterday I felt like a million bucks so I really thought (though cautiously) that maybe I am through the sickness part!! NOT. I am sitting here at my desk gagging on nothing. It's a little upsetting. But I am still happy and trying to be positive about it all. Though I will probably have to cancel dinner plans tonight to a Mongolian grill and just praying I won't be too miserable at this wedding tomorrow. Blah Blah Rant Over Blah. I'll focus on good stuff....

The Pros of this week:
    Sleeping better
    Those 5lbs I thought I gained is really only 2lbs, though I look like I've gained about 10lbs just in my belly! lol
    Wearing maternity clothes has made me so much happier and more comfortable and i look pregnant no questions asked.
    Sex Drive is back so DH is happy happy.
    Oh, and its Friday!
    Last edited by RedDonahue; 05-30-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Ugh Rachel I'm so sorry your're feeling sick again and won't be able to get more meds until Monday, that's so frustrating I'm sure !!! I hope you're able to get through the wedding okay without feeling too !!!!

for all the good stuff! Sleeping better makes such a big difference overall imo . Great job on the weight gain, lol, and I'd imagine it does look/feel like 10lbs with two babies in there, woohooo for maternity clothes and comfort !!!!

My sex drive is coming back too (although I'm still a little nervous about dtd, lol), yup, dh is a happier man !!

Hooray for an appointment today! These are the most exciting parts of pregnancy and everything in between seems to just be waiting. LOL Haven't seen the LOs since May 7TH so I am so excited. And nervous of course. Appt is at 3 eastern time. I'll make sure to get lots of pictures. I'm 11 weeks and 4 days today.

Appointment days are super exciting!! I can't wait to hear the update and see some pictures!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

can't wait for an update and some pics !!!!!!!!

OK APPOINTMENT UPDATE!

Babies were happy, healthy and perfect! Baby 1 had a heartbeat of 167 and Baby 2 165. I took some pictures and video to share. Baby 1 seemed to be sleeping, perfectly still. Baby 2 was putting on a show for us. It was so exciting after my month long wait to see them again.

I posted the video here:12 week ultrasound of the twins!: http://youtu.be/krvVt8oisHo

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and good vibes! I don't see the Ob again for four more weeks.

The video is AWESOME!!! I am so glad you had a great appointment! It's amazing how seeing the baby/babies, puts our mind at ease for a little while at least.

Awwwww that is just precious!!!!

What a fantastic update !!!!!!!!

So happy all is well!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I know you're never really in the clear but right now I am just in heaven and at ease for the first time in weeks. I'll probably get some good sleep tonight :-)

Yay for a great update! Congrats!

awesome video! Glad that everything is going so well right now!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    I know you're never really in the clear but right now I am just in heaven and at ease for the first time in weeks. I'll probably get some good sleep tonight :-)
    It is true, but you have to be able to get to a peaceful and happy place! Glad it's 11w4d for you!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Oh my gosh love the video!!!! So super cute

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Feeling pretty good today, I almost think the stress of the wondering was making more sick than usual. So i really just need to stay positive!!! Geez. Looking forward to the NT scan Thursday just for the sheer fact that I will get to see the babies again and DH will get to be there this time.

Stress can sure play a number on us !! I'm so glad you're feeling better !

Praying for great NT results on Thursday !

Sitting and waiting for my NT scan with DH. Excited mostly. I've been spoiled this week with two sonograms so that nervousness isn't there like it usually is.
    :-) Which I'm happy about, it'll be more enjoyable.

I didn't take my Diclegis last night. Not telling anyone else but I want to know if I still NEED it. How else will I know if I am still having m/s if I don't come off of it? So I have enough for two more weeks if need be. But I hate taking medication unnecessarily. So we'll see. :-)

I can't wait to hear how it goes...praying for good results !!

I hope you've turned a corner and don't need the meds anymore, I completely understand !

Just checking in. How did the NT Scan go? We wanna see pics woman! 😃

TWIN APPOINTMENT UPDATE!

Here is all the news in no particular order.

• Twins are Fraternal! We found out they have their own placentas which is great news. So no worries about TTTS (Twin to Twin Tranfusion Syndrome) or other issues of sharing nutrition.

• Both placentas are Anterior, so I won't feel as much movement too soon.

• Both babies fell in the normal range for the NT test. Praise Jesus.

• Heartbeats looked great, Baby A around 164, Baby B around 150 today.

• Baby B put on a show for us, everyone was quite amused at all the flips and turns and arm waving. Crazy! The Tech was convinced that one is a girl because she has never had a boy act that way....so we'll see.

• No peeks at the genders because neither baby would open their legs enough to see anything! Little monsters.

• They changed my due date! With babies measuring 8 Days ahead, I am now 13 weeks instead of 12 weeks.

What a relief for now. I am just over the moon today!!!

I give up on photobucket, not working for me today, so I will just attach the most interesting photos.

Both Babies Small.jpg
    Baby A small.jpg
    Baby B Face Small.jpg
    Baby B legs small.jpg
    Scan 5001 Small.jpg
    Last edited by RedDonahue; 06-05-2014 at 01:09 PM.