Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rachel/ Reddonahue Updates

Ya I always thought 8 weeks was a norm because you should be able to see everything and the dating gets pretty close to EDD. Rachel! Woohoo over half way through 5 weeks! Dark lines are awesome!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Rachel, are these at home HCG test? how do they work? do they tell you if your HCG is increasing over the days?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Feeling much better today! I've got two doses of macrobid in me already and I can tell. Thank goodness!
    And still peeing on sticks over here!! lol it's part of my morning routine now

Hey Kelly! These are the kind they dip in your pee cup at the doctors. You can buy them on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007VT...110_SY165_QL70

I just used them to ease my mind in the beginning, for the first 13 days after my positive preg test. I used first morning urine at the same time every morning. Seeing the lines get darker means there is more hcg in your system than the day before. (As long as you are doing it at the same time of day etc.) It's not good to obsess over the lines but to me the fact that they weren't getting lighter meant that the baby was sticking!

Thanks Rachel! I have never seen these and each pregnancy I find out it is not viable due to my HCG not doubling so those first 2 weeks this woudl really ease my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Hey Kelly! These are the kind they dip in your pee cup at the doctors. You can buy them on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007VT...110_SY165_QL70

I just used them to ease my mind in the beginning, for the first 13 days after my positive preg test. I used first morning urine at the same time every morning. Seeing the lines get darker means there is more hcg in your system than the day before. (As long as you are doing it at the same time of day etc.) It's not good to obsess over the lines but to me the fact that they weren't getting lighter meant that the baby was sticking!
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

Holy mother of BLOAT!!! I am seriously having issues buttoning my pants already and I am only almost 6 weeks along. I wasn't bloated like this until about 12 weeks with my first child.

I am curious if it is a plus-size girl problem? I am a size 14. Or is it a second child thing? At this rate it is going to be hard to hide this much longer. I am in my sister in law's wedding at the end of June, I definitely won't be able to hide it then. With my daugher, because I was plus sized, people always thought I was farther along than I was because my belly was big to begin with, put a baby in there and boom! lol But whhhy so early?

Possibly second baby thing....I showed faster with 2 and 3.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

It's totally an additional baby thing. I look 6 months pregnant. I am a size 14, too. I started wearing maternity around 9 weeks this time, I think.

Your uterus remembers this process and says "oh, okay, I'll just relax now!" LOL.

I'm 14 weeks now and someone actually put their hand on my belly yesterday (it was okay, someone I've known a long time). I didn't have people wanting to put their hands on my belly until like 20-24 weeks with my first.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Bloat is an issue here too, blah! No fun for sure !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    It's totally an additional baby thing. I look 6 months pregnant. I am a size 14, too. I started wearing maternity around 9 weeks this time, I think.

Your uterus remembers this process and says "oh, okay, I'll just relax now!" LOL.

I'm 14 weeks now and someone actually put their hand on my belly yesterday (it was okay, someone I've known a long time). I didn't have people wanting to put their hands on my belly until like 20-24 weeks with my first.
    Thanks everybody for responding. I've lost that ability to "suck it in" as they say. lol

khadijavye its nice to hear how I might feel when I am 14 weeks lol After my 8 week sono I'll start digging out the maternity clothes I suppose. Mostly just to be comfy in my pants! I have a friend who is passing down a bunch of stuff too so that will be nice.

Still praying for a healthy, sticky christmas babe here!!

OK so tomorrow is my first sonogram to confirm the pregnancy etc. 9am! Please send prayers and calming vibes my way. I hadn't felt nervous until just now. Praying for a little gummy bear with a strong heartbeat!! DH is so excited and so am I. He plans to take me to lunch after and I'm thinking Mexican for Cinco de Mayo.

Yaay, how exciting !!!

Praying praying praying for all good news !!

Told my 3 year old daughter today that I am pregnant. Her little eyes lit up and she's just so excited! She's been telling everyone she wants a baby sister for the last 6 months, so hopefully one of these little beans is a girl. Now she's following me around rubbing my belly. Soooooo sweet.

9 weeeeks!! Every week that passes is such a blessing!

Agreed!! Congrats to 9 weeks!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yay congrats!!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I'm a day late, lol, but I have an excuse

Happy 9wks!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!! Happy 9 weeks!

How are you feeling Twinsie wise? Any more sick or stretchy pains than with your DD?

Thanks everybody!!

Britt, things are just so different this time around. I was telling my family at lunch today that I feel like a first time mom. Every pain and sensation is new to me. But I have to take into account the age difference. I was 27 with DD and now I'm 31. Lots of growth pains all around my lower belly, my breasts are so sore that if I brush up against something wrong it's agonizing, the fatigue and ms is at least double from what I remember. DH is being sweet as pie even though I'm a pain in the butt and complaining all the time. Trying to consciously cut back because I want the pregnancy to be a great experience for both of us. But I definitely struggle with that. But each day I seem to feel a tad better. Here's hoping there is light at the end of the first trimester lol thanks for asking!
    Last edited by RedDonahue; 05-19-2014 at 11:12 AM.

You're in the thick of it right now, cut yourself some slack.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Thanks Dorcas! You're right. I need to cut myself some slack. lol

You just gotta love the vivid dreams!! Or in this case nightmares. I had a dream about a terrible sharp pain and then something popping out of my vagina. I woke up frantic, yelling, looking between my legs. Poor DH, thank goodness he didn't wake up all the way to join me in my panic about NOTHING. Had a hard time falling asleep after that, the pain felt so real.

In other news, I am feeling much better (knock on wood). I keep telling coworkers I am feeling human again!! lol Counting the days until the first week of June. I have 2 appointments that week. OB on June 2 and NT scan on June 5. I want to see my babies so bad!! Here's hoping the days fly by.

Awww, it's a two week wait of another kind. ;) I hope it goes quickly!

And, OMG, what a horrible dream!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I have had some really weird dreams myself (although this is my normal)...but the last two that I can remember involved me physically attacking my sister, or other people that have ticked me off....normally I am not like this, but apparently the hormones are making me homicidal....at least in my dreams....luckily my DH is aware of my crazy dreams normally...so it doesn't scare him.....to much.
    Lizzy
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

10 WEEKS!!!!!!!!

TMI WARNING, SENSITIVE ISSUE WARNING:
    On one hand I am over the moon about the 10 week milestone. The other part of me is struggling mentally. I am not sleeping much, waking to pee every hour on the hour and having a hard time falling back to sleep afterwards. This has been going on for weeks. Feeling really foggy and not myself today. DH was trying to cuddle this morning before work and I seriously just wanted to strangle him. He woke me up at 5 and i was unable to go back to sleep.

I've started looking at the babycenter community website because they have a very active twin group! So i was thinking YAY, just poking around etc. Well that was a bad idea. I've read too many negative things this morning. While I know twins are high risk, with everything from losing a twin at any point in the pregnancy, to losing both, to having cervix weight handling issues, to pre-term labor, it all just really got to me. I bought a multiples pregnancy book and that has been nice, it tells you the risks without scaring the crap out of you! Reading real life stories though, I will just have to stay away from that for now. Otherwise I will just be a nervous wreck for 6 more months.

I guess my biggest fear at the moment is going to that 12 week ultrasound June 2 and finding out that something is wrong. Or that I lost a baby and I didn't even know it! And not knowing for 4 weeks has been killing me and breaking me down mentally. With DD at least I knew that if I wasn't bleeding or cramping everything was ok. But with twins you won't miscarry the same as a singleton pregnancy unless you lose both babies. So there is no way to tell besides a sono! I have my doppler but with them being so small still, I can't tell the difference between the two of them.

Thanks for letting me vent. Just so much going on in my mind today and its really getting me down. Having a hard time focusing on work.

Happy 10wks!!!!

having one is nerve-wracking enough, having two just doubles the worry I'm sure !! My heart absolutely goes out to you and really praying the next couple weeks go by quickly so you can know for sure your twinsies are doing beautifully !!!

Rachel I totally understand your fears I'm excited to be 15 weeks tomorrow but still scared. I just try to remind myself that these babies were wanted for so badly and I have so many people praying for them daily and hopefully that is enough to keep them safe. I also try to remember that people always want to share the bad stories not the good so those "other forums" can be kind of one-sided.

I'm thinking of you often and hoping we both have easy twin pregnancies

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Aww thank you Jess. Every time I look at your ticker it gives me so much HOPE! Seriously. I am happy to see you doing so well.

We told all of our friends and family pretty early on because we wanted all the prayers we could get. So while I know there are risks, I am happy that they all know that we are expecting twins. Everyone makes such a huge fuss about it (in a good way). It just makes me smile thinking about the double blessing in my belly!! AHH! Ok, I feel a little better now.

oh I would totally understand your fears too!!! Yeah it's probably good you stay away from the multiple room if all they talk about is negative stuff. I have 4 friends that have multiples (one had two sets though hers were due to fertility treatments) and all of them had great pregnancies. Two of the 4 even gave birth full term 40 weeks naturally (vaginally) one with no pain meds and had great normal labors and birth. THe other two had planned C sections but carried to term (38 weeks I think) because they previous c sections and their docs did not want to try vbac with twins. Maybe try to find some positive twin stories to boost your spirits!

Brenda

Thank you for the encouraging stories! You're right, hearing those types of things help a lot.

I totally get your worries too like other people, I try to remind myself of all the times it does work out well
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

I have one word to describe how I'm feeling: ANXIOUS. If next week could just hurry up I would be a lot happier. I have two appointments and I just can't wait any longer to see my babies!! UGH. Having a really hard time focusing and accomplishing tasks at work, so I am trying to be better about that today.

I feel ok though, between diclegis, zantac and tylenol pm I am getting through the days and not feeling terrible. I weighed this morning and I've already gained 5lbs. Feel like my doc is gonna yell at me about that, but its all this bloat! Does anyone have suggestions on Apps for tracking calories? I used to use Loseit so maybe I will do that again. There is at least a maintain weight option and it will be a daily calorie goal based on my height and weight. (I don't expect to maintain my weight by any means, just want to keep track of what I am putting my mouth)

I know its early but I was wondering last night if we were going to do due date buddies in this room? So when we go into labor our buddy can post updates to the site for us?