Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rachel/ Reddonahue Updates

Default Rachel/ Reddonahue Updates

Since I am 4 weeks today, I thought I would start my update thread!

Still using cheapies every morning. I had a chemical in 2010 and the only reason I knew something was wrong was the line got lighter and lighter and eventually disappeared. Then I had a very late AF. So it's comforting to see those lines, it's all I have until May 7th :-/

At the doctor now with what I think might be a UTI. Lots of discomfort when having to pee and peeing! Ugh. We'll see what they say. Worries me to take any medications. Has anyone been treated for a UTI during their pregnancies?

Yep, I have. For me I get low dose Meds that are stretched for 10 days. I was also hospitalized with ds1 at 7 months because a UTI had progressed so far that it sent me into labor. Glad you are having it checked out!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I had a UTI with DS2 and I was shocked because I was asymptomatic. I fought with them about the medication they wanted to put me on. I can't remember the name of what they wanted me to use nor the name of what I ended up using ... but it knocked out the infection. If it hadn't they would have made me take the stuff I didn't want to take. Glad when things work out in your favor!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I actually delayed getting treatment for a UTI with my 5th baby because my midwife said to just take cranberry pills, drink more water, and avoid sugar, but it progressed to a kidney infection . They ended up removing my appendix because they thought that's what was causing the pain at first. I was 8months pg and they thought for sure I'd go into labor (had a monitor on baby the whole time and an OB standing by in case baby got distressed), but she ended up going to term .

I'll never let a UTI go again and now tend to be hyper-cautious. I'm glad you're getting it checked out ! I thought I had a UTI a couple weeks ago, but it was the start of a yeast infection causing the burning. It cleared up with two doses of diflucan.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Ok, so they only found a trace of what is the start of a UTI in my urine sample. So the Doc at the walk-in clinic prescribed Macrobid, which all my research is saying perfectly safe. OBGYN called to tell me to go ahead and start taking it because that is what he would have given me at the first sign of a UTI. I am hoping this will relieve some of my aches and pains down there! But all in all, I think it is more my body changing than anything else. It could be a combination of all kinds of things! Gas, bloating, UTI, implating? I dont know, but I am just happy to be pregnant!

It sounds like they're being cautious which is great! I hope you're feeling much better soon, well, lol, at least just back to the normal pg stuff

Feeling much better today! I've got two doses of macrobid in me already and I can tell. Thank goodness!
    And still peeing on sticks over here!! lol it's part of my morning routine now

Look at that fabulous progression, wooooot !!!!!!!!!!

Sooo glad you're feeling better with the macrobid !

Wow. I just noticed we are the only 2 with Dec dd.

Quote Originally Posted by babypayne View Post
    Wow. I just noticed we are the only 2 with Dec dd.
    Yes, I'm sure others will filter in eventually but so happy that you are here!!

I am happier than you'll ever know, to join you. Is it December yet? Lol

Oh how awesome to see you in here!
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Hi again old due date buddy!! this is the only place I can talk openly about being Preggo. Love it! lol

So I got a beta back today from when I went to the Doctor last Thursday for the uti. (Ugh) The nurse called today to say I was definitely pregnant (duuuh) and my beta was 979. With nothing to compare it to it doesn't mean a whole lot. But it will still nice to hear. Sadly this is all the info I will have until my first ultrasound May 5th! I can't wait.

That is a fantastic first beta though...bummer you aren't getting a 2nd one since I know it's nice to see the numbers going up, but I would be totally encouraged !

praying the next couple weeks go by quickly!

Thank you Kelly!! You're the sweetest.

May 5th isn't that far out!!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

That is a great number! Hang in there, it will be here before you know it.

Thanks everyone! Just doing a lot of praying, especially at night before I go to bed. It comforts me big time. But all in all, I am just overjoyed to be pregnant, waking up every morning with a smile on my face.

A little family back story for everyone: My daughter's father (my ex-husband) and I split up in early 2012 when she was only 1 year old. Before we got married in 2005 we agreed we wanted 3 kids, and shortly after the honeymoon he made it clear he didn't want any children. Needless to say my world was rocked and I felt stuck and miserable. I stuck it out for years longer than I should have, and after 6 years I found out I was pregnant. I really hoped it would bring him and I closer together but it was the complete opposite. Now that we had a baby in the house, it gave me the courage to leave an emotionally abusive and unstable relationship. And trust me when I say, she was the ONLY good thing to come out of us. Luckily he is a great father to her and all is calm and well now that we aren't together. The split was best for everyone involved!

Fast forward and I just married a man I can call my best friend. When you've had the worst, you know exactly what you want and need to be happy. I feel so lucky to have met him and for whatever reason he loves me like crazy and treats me like a queen! We knew very early on that this is what we have both been waiting for our whole lives. And about 6 months ago it hit me, like "Wow. I never thought I would get to have another child and he wants kids!" That was the best feeling in the world, the idea of more children in my life. I stopped using BC in December, with plans of not ttc until after the honeymoon. But the closer we got to our wedding date, the more anxious we got about starting our family. SO here I am. Sailing to the Bahamas 2 weeks from now! At least I will be a cheap date on the cruise lol

congrats and what a great progression! hope you are feeling better

Awwww what a precious story !!! I am so happy for you that you are in such a better place!

I hear you about waking up every morning with a smile...no matter how crummy I feel, the over-riding joy that *I'm still pg* trumps all !!!

5 weeks today!! Eeek!

Woo Hoo! And you are right, you certainly will be a cheap date on the cruise. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Happy happy today. I just feel really good about everything. OF course I can't wait until my appointment, but every day that passes gives me more confidence that this baby is sticking. It's an awesome feeling. i haven't even felt the need to POAS every day this week. But i did this morning just for kicks and seeing that line appear so quickly, stealing all the dye from the control line and be so dark makes me smile.

Spoke with my boss (who knows I am pregnant because of various appointments coming up) and he is already talking about donating some leave to me when the time comes. He was happy to hear it was a christmas baby because there is hardly any work that time of year so I wouldn't miss much! And I told him I would probably take at least 8 weeks. With my daughter, I took exactly 6 weeks off (SUCKED), because my supervisor at the time was an old bitty, who didn't have any children of her own and expected me to be back asap. And had the audacity to ask me how my vacation was when i got back to work?! Vacation?! But I am at a new job now with new people and its more like a family than anything.

I just keep praying that bean is healthy and growing normally. I have a doppler at home, but I know I won't be able to use it til around 7 weeks. Tick tock tick tock

I just love seeing super dark lines...sooo happy for you !!!!

That is just fabulous your boss is being so great about leave in Dec ! I'm sure it's so nice to have that settled

So! My little sister is getting married October 5th. Clearly I will be super pregnant for the wedding if all is fine and dandy. We went bridesmaid dress shopping and it was very entertaining. They gave me a big ol' pregnancy belly to wear under my dress lol I got a dress 4 sizes too big to make it fit and will just have to alter the rest to fit my body.

It was an odd feeling to look at myself and see what I might look like in October! I told my sister that I didn't feel comfortable buying the dress just yet because we haven't even seen the baby to see if it is a viable pregnancy. But i have time, so if all goes well at my U/S I will go back and order the dress sooner rather than later. But here is a picture. Hahahaha

your story is so motivating and exciting! Congrats on the sticky bean! May 5th cant come soon enough! Do most doctors make you wait that long to go to yoru appointment or is that for insruance purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    So! My little sister is getting married October 5th. Clearly I will be super pregnant for the wedding if all is fine and dandy. We went bridesmaid dress shopping and it was very entertaining. They gave me a big ol' pregnancy belly to wear under my dress lol I got a dress 4 sizes too big to make it fit and will just have to alter the rest to fit my body.

It was an odd feeling to look at myself and see what I might look like in October! I told my sister that I didn't feel comfortable buying the dress just yet because we haven't even seen the baby to see if it is a viable pregnancy. But i have time, so if all goes well at my U/S I will go back and order the dress sooner rather than later. But here is a picture. Hahahaha

My OBGYN makes you wait until you are 7-8 weeks along to have a sonogram to make sure you can see everything there is to see. He would've seen me for a consultation and bloodwork right away but I didn't feel I needed that. And I could've had my first ultrasound next week but I will be out of the country!

He has had some patients leave his paractice after not seeing the baby and hearing a heartbeat when having a sono around 6 weeks, not because anything was wrong, just too early and too small to see and they blamed him. So I am fine with the wait, I want to see it all!!!

Yeah, my Dr. office usually waits until 8 weeks for that first visit, too. With my m/c pregnancy I went in earlier because I was having bleeding and going in that early and biting your nails to see something is NOT fun.

I'd much rather bide my time and go at 8 weeks.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

oh okay that makes sense, I am seeing an RE so they have you come in ASAP when you find out, especially since I have not made it past 8 weeks two MC in a row. Grow baby Grow!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    My OBGYN makes you wait until you are 7-8 weeks along to have a sonogram to make sure you can see everything there is to see. He would've seen me for a consultation and bloodwork right away but I didn't feel I needed that. And I could've had my first ultrasound next week but I will be out of the country!

He has had some patients leave his paractice after not seeing the baby and hearing a heartbeat when having a sono around 6 weeks, not because anything was wrong, just too early and too small to see and they blamed him. So I am fine with the wait, I want to see it all!!!