Thread: OB/Doctor update

Default OB/Doctor update

Monday I went to my primary care doc for severe rib pain. It is likely that at minimum I bruised my rib or dislocated it from the coughing...Ryleigh moving around and kicking at it doesn't help much tho. I am to continue to take my reflux medications even though they don't appear to be helping much with the cough. I have an appointment tomorrow to see a physical therapist to see if they can help me with the rib pain since I can't take steroids, and lidocaine won't work because of the location of my pain.... They also did a cholesterol recheck...my levels are slightly elevated since my last one, but that was to be expected since the first time they drew them...I hadn't been able to keep much down at all.....so I am to go back in 3-6 months after delivery to see if further treatment is needed. At the appointment I was very sick, and it took me several hours before I was able to keep any food down....but that seems to be my cycle....sick in the morning....not too bad as the day goes on.

Today I had my appointment with my OB. I am measuring right where I am supposed to be, between 31-32 weeks (currently I am 31 weeks, 2 days). I have lost weight since I was last there, but not more than a pound, so they are not concerned. I haven't gotten sick today, which is a good thing. I mentioned my rib pain, and the OB had no more suggestions for me...but let me know that things are probably not gonna get much better....which I figured as much. I have been on: Flovent, Zyrtec, Zantac, Priloec, and albuterol all for this cough, along with cough drops which only make me sick, and cough syrup which does nothing but make me nauseated... so I guess I just get to cough til this little one decides to make her grand appearance. Her heartbeat was 142, and she is not head down as of yet, which I think has changed since the appointment, since she is now kicking me in the ribs...yet again...I continue on with my every two week appointments and if something else shows up, or pops up, I am to call them...

As of today...I am done with my BSN. I should have my final grade by the end of this week...(should be an A-) and my total GPA should be just below a 4.0....Now I gotta find something else to do with my time....I don't do well if I have nothing to do. (I am planning on getting my certification, which should keep me busy for a day or two...)(and I gotta figure out if I am getting a family nurse practitioner specializing in mental health, or a mental health nurse practitioner....I am thinking the later)

Work has been stressful these past two days and I cannot wait for the weekend....a full 3 day weekend, and neither DH or I have to work.....it will be AMAZING... although I have a feeling I will be looking for things to do....lol

Lizzy
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Oh my word Lizzy I am so sorry to hear about your bruised/dislocated rib and pain from the coughing, that is just awful !! Ugh and I'm sure getting sick so often still is not helping at all !!!!! Really praying this home stretch of pg goes by quickly for you with no additional hurdles and all of this resolves after delivery .

great news that Ryleigh is growing and doing so well!

Huge congrats on your BSN !!!!!!! That is such a huge accomplishment and you should be super proud of yourself !

Thinking of you and hoping you find something to occupy your time...I totally get that, lol, I enjoy a break now and then, but I absolutely love staying busy !!

Definitely get some R&R this weekend though, sooooo happy to hear you have a few days off, wooot !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Find a good movie network and put your feet up!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Okay....so back from my physical therapy appointment... I think I am in love with her.....lol.
    I woke up today in the worst pain I have ever been in...I could barely move my arms, let alone bend down, or breathe deep...so I was more than ready to try something to help this pain get under control.
    She says it is no wonder I am in so much pain....several of my ribs on my right side are spasmed and twisted up. She can't be sure that I have a broken rib, but she would not be surprised at all if it was. She gave me several exercises to open up my rib cage, ways to handle and deal with the spasming, and even a few techniques for my DH to use to help massage and get blood flow to the areas in my ribs that are having issues. She did some of these massages on me, and now I have a massive bruise on my right side along the ribs that are sore....she warned me that it would happen, but with that, she was able to increase the blood flow to the areas to increase the healing. I am to use ice for early today, but then heat for the rest of the time to help with the inflammation. I have horrible posture, and my work involves me sitting and either typing on the computer or writing stuff down, so it is hard for me to "open up" my rib cage, but even despite the now massive bruise, I feel better and in less pain than when I woke up. I can't take anti-inflammatories, and there truly isn't a whole lot you can do with a broken rib, but she thinks she will be able to help manage the pain. She stated she wasn't a miracle worker, but she is confident she can help....
    Still feel extremely sore and I hurt pretty bad, but not as bad as I was earlier, so I consider today a win....
    Lizzy
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

I am so happy you got a PT you love and you had a great appt !!!! I'm sorry for all the pain you're in and all that you have to endure, but really praying these PT appts will make all the difference for you !

How often will you be seeing the PT?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I will be seeing her weekly for the next couple of weeks....I slept so well last night, and today I am not in near the pain I have been in the past several days..which is a huge huge plus. I have been trying to work in the exercises while I am at work... which is kind of difficult, but it is working so far....next appointment is next Friday....so I hope that I won't have to go more than weekly......

So glad to hear you slept well and the pain is easing a bit...that is just great news !!!!

Big big for you.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)