Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: You gettin' ready to have that baby!!

  1. #1

    Default You gettin' ready to have that baby!!

    Got my first one of those comments, for this pregnancy, yesterday at the mall. People!!

    Anyone else getting crazy comments?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  2. #2

    Default

    Bless your heart momma! I hate when those comments start it makes the end of pregnancy slow down and makes me mentally exhausted.

    I get asked if im sure i only have two in there. Or the "oh no not twins your going to be busy"


  3. #3

    Default

    Yeah, it was slightly annoying because she repeated it a couple of times.

    I wish I could see people when you say "actually, I am having two!" ;)

    People always have something to say, don't they? ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  4. #4

    Default

    They sure do. The best was when dd told an old lady her mommy was having 2 unicorns and she named them hag and rag.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,650

    Default

    Nothing in my experience and comments I got beats the old lady in a street market shouting to the whole world how big my belly was lol Best thing is ignore or have a good come back! Once a friend of mine who has a beer belly was making mean jokes about my growing belly, one of them was something like did you eat an elephant. I finally told him at least my excuse is pregnancy, what's yours? (He doesn't have any health issues accept drinking a lot of beer and not to watching what he eats). The jokes stopped :-p

  6. #6

    Default

    Yeah, I usually try to laugh with the person ... 9 times out of 10 they think they are being SOOOO funny! ;)

    I probably look like I'm struggling because I do have a big belly AND a limp because I need a hip replacement.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Yeah, I usually try to laugh with the person ... 9 times out of 10 they think they are being SOOOO funny! ;)

    I probably look like I'm struggling because I do have a big belly AND a limp because I need a hip replacement.
    LOL, that's what always gets me...they think they're being so original and witty .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    I've only gotten one rude comment from a man I don't even know at work. He asked when I was due, I told him Thanksgiving, he looked completely horrified and said "WOW, are you sure?". I then told him "Well, it's twins." And he sighed in relief saying "oh, Ok, I was gonna say..." Dude, go away, i don't even know you. Usually I start with the twins thing because its just easier....but the one time I didn't say that up front someone freaked out. lol I know I'm BIG ok??

    I just try and go with the flow mostly though, the "Do twins run in your family?" question is sooooooo annoying at this point. I usually just smile and say No, they were quite the surprise. And I try to remember that people are just super curious and hey if they are interested, I will talk about it with them. Even if I have to hear about their brother's sister in law's cousin who had twins twice. lol

  9. #9

    Default

    Funny, Rachel! ;)

    I imagine people are very nosey about the twins, especially with the advent of fertility drugs.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Rachel that is too funny, I can imagine all the questions you get! I will say I have always been fascinated by twins and just think its the neatest thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    I've only gotten one rude comment from a man I don't even know at work. He asked when I was due, I told him Thanksgiving, he looked completely horrified and said "WOW, are you sure?". I then told him "Well, it's twins." And he sighed in relief saying "oh, Ok, I was gonna say..." Dude, go away, i don't even know you. Usually I start with the twins thing because its just easier....but the one time I didn't say that up front someone freaked out. lol I know I'm BIG ok??

    I just try and go with the flow mostly though, the "Do twins run in your family?" question is sooooooo annoying at this point. I usually just smile and say No, they were quite the surprise. And I try to remember that people are just super curious and hey if they are interested, I will talk about it with them. Even if I have to hear about their brother's sister in law's cousin who had twins twice. lol
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kihei, Hawaii
    Posts
    165

    Default

    I usually got the opposite comment, like "how many more months?" Me: "Two weeks", them: "are you sure?" well, yes I was sure I never expected so many comments about pregnancy. In Switzerland we are very reserved/cautious. No one would ever comment a belly of a stranger, never ever.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl


  12. #12

    Default

    Yeah, there's a lot to be said for a reserved culture. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,142

    Default

    I get a lot of "Oh, you must be having twins!!"

    Nope. Just fat. Move along before I eat you for dinner. LOL
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaToe88 View Post
    I get a lot of "Oh, you must be having twins!!"

    Nope. Just fat. Move along before I eat you for dinner. LOL
    OMG people are so rude!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •