Thread: Had another ultrasound today

Default Had another ultrasound today

I wasn't given any pictures but it was great to see my LO bouncing around. I don't think I posted here but with our anatomy scan they found LO had an enlarged valve in her kidney. That's why I had to come back today and see if the problem resolved itself. The tech said today that everything looks fine but I'll get the final word from my OB tomorrow at my appointment. The tech was able to see that LO already has some hair All of my LO's have had hair at birth but always different amounts. It just made me even more excited to meet this little lady
    In other news I have been experiencing sever BH contractions since Monday I'm not sure what's causing them. When they start I'm not doing anything strenuous or tiring(I'm always standing though) Some of them are actually making me double over in pain. Having had 3 other babies I know they are not "it's time" contractions however they are the most painful BH I have ever experienced. I end up having to sit down for about 10 to 15 minutes before I feel ok to stand again. I know some of the ladies in here have been dealing with pains like this for a while now so I guess I have joined the club! I have also been a bit more swollen as of late(I'm a bit more concerned about that one). Just happy I get to see my OB tomorrow. I'm hoping that my BP is perfect.
    Those are all the updates from me for now. I'll let everyone know how my appointment goes tomorrow.

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Glad the tech told you that things are looking good! That's always comforting. I've never been told in my u/s if my kids have hair I just go by the heartburn lol. Can't wait to hear how your appt goes tomorrow.

Glad to hear the babe is doing well! Both my children had lots of hair and we were always told at last ultrasound how hairy they are lol and they had hair on their ears at birth too!
    Hope ob gives you more positive news!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Glad your LO is doing good and how exciting about the hair!!

I didn't think BH were supposed to be painful? Are you getting enough fluids, dehydration can cause painful muscle spasms.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I am so glad everything is okay with your LO!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Glad to hear that everything is going good. My tech has not told me if he has hair or not. I was bald till I was about 2 so I am just expecting him to come out bald too LOL

So happy to hear your LO is doing okay! As for lots of hair, all of mine have had full heads of hair. This one's hair was full in the back but thin on top, almost like an old man.

As for the BH contractions that hurt more, that is what happened to me this time around, too. My dr said that with each pregnancy things seem to hurt or be more uncomfortable than the last, including BH contractions. Hoping yours slow down and give you a reprieve!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

How was the OB apt?
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Glad to hear everything is ok! I can't believe they can see if your little one has hair in the U/S, I'm so jealous! I haven't had an U/S since 18 weeks and won't know anything until I finally meet mine face to face. Just a few more weeks

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Aww, if you can swing it, Mel, you should totally do a 3-D u/s! Especially if this one is going to be your only. You typically get a bunch of pictures and a DVD it is SOOOO awesome!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Aww, if you can swing it, Mel, you should totally do a 3-D u/s! Especially if this one is going to be your only. You typically get a bunch of pictures and a DVD it is SOOOO awesome!
    I know, I kind of regret not having one! I did want to do a 3D u/s at one point but my DH is so stinking patient he's like, why bother, we'll meet him soon enough, lol

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Hey ladies sorry for they delay! Man it's a crazy house around here at times
    So the doc said that the ultrasound came back clear!!
    I talked with her about the severe cramping and she said it sounded like round ligament pain. I guess it's just in an area I'm not used to feeling it. I normally get pains that start by my hip bone and shoot down my leg. This was from my pelvic bone all the way up my right side with BH all mixed into one! She said the BH contractions I'm feeling that come after/during is normal. Likely my BH contractions are not the cause of the sever pain. The pain would be because of the ligaments my OB recommended I get into a squat and or kneel on all fours but that hasn't seemed to work for me so far. I just lay down and rest.
    Thank you ladies for all your words of encouragement and yes I was so happy to see all the little hairs on her head
    Oh and Mel I agree that if you can convince DH go get the 3d you should do it. They are so much fun!

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Round ligament pain is awful!! Glad your u/s looked great!!

Checking in!

Geez, Chelsea, what a bad updater

How is the high blood pressure and "bed rest" going? (Laughing) bed rest with 3 kids....
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

Hahaha yeah bed rest(even modified) is a joke. I pretty much just move in slow mo now with everythig I do. No more rushing around the house like a crazy women. My BP has been great! It was so weird that I had high BP because that has never happened to me in my life. I think that's what put my doc (an me) on edge. I was going in for regular urin checks but they all came back with no protein so I don't have to do them any more.

Good! Glad that resolved! You are super woman, even when you were over here I was thinking 'sit down!' Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    Good! Glad that resolved! You are super woman, even when you were over here I was thinking 'sit down!' Lol
    I don't know about super women but us mammas sure do work hard don't we?? It's getting almost impossible to even lift a laundry basket up the stairs at this point lol

Chelsea Deven (5 years)

Glad it is resolved! I realized having my bladder not completely empty is what's been causing painful bxs!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Glad it is resolved! I realized having my bladder not completely empty is what's been causing painful bxs!
    Same here! It's too much lol if I do anything that's slightly uncomfortable(like bending over) I'm getting BH.

Chelsea Deven (5 years)