Thread: Exercise...

Default Exercise...

Haha, not sure how many of us are up to it right now (I know *I'm* not ), but how does everyone plan on staying active throughout pg?

I'll likely do a lot of walking and possibly some light jogging if MFM gives me the green light . I've never been in my 2nd tri through the summer before and I'm super excited I'll be able to spend so much time outdoors throughout most of my pg . I can't wait to get started on yard-work and landscaping!

I doubt I'll do much else specifically to stay fit...no gym memberships, workout DVDs, etc...I've done that in the past with my pgs during the winter though.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

We are walking about 30-45 mins a day 5-6 a week. We did 2 miles at the beach last week ( kids riding bikes a lot ). It was 95 yesterday and I went for a walk at 3! Dying! Got home and the kids jumped in the pool. Which is still super cold!

Swimming will be a good exercise for me too
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

My husband and I are now on basically the same shift....so, we have decided to try and take the dogs on nice long walks more than we had been (we have a fenced in yard that they run around in), but since he has several massive planters warts that are in the process of being burned off....he hasn't been up to walking much, so we took the dogs to the dog park and let them have at it. As soon as he feels up to walking, we are going to do that as much we can....that is my exercise program...when I am able to wake up enough to go for a walk......lol
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

I'm still working on the same workout routine. Three days a week I do a set of Jazzercise with a second set of strength training weights. Still doing that.( the past four weeks I've only been able to make two classes a week) I've toned down some of the jumping but still doing the regular workout. About 18 weeks I modify and do the lighter version and I don't do anymore flat on back stuff. I worked out with both boys until day of labor and hoping to do the same with this one.

Ohhh, I also want to include a lot more stretching this time around. My back pain with every pregnancy is sooooo killer. With Preston I convinced DH to buy us a tempurpedic ( best thing EVER) I never have back pain anymore but I still think stretching will help as I get bigger.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

I actually went to the chiropractor on Monday, which I have been seeing for the past 2 1/2 years, and I love him. He adjusted my back, and told me to come back whenever....I will probably stop by again tomorrow because I am still having some back (hip) discomfort that is usually relieved by the chiropractor.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Not planning to do anything. LOL. Seriously. I need a hip replacement and so that rules out everything but water related activities and my gym (which I'm considering cancelling that membership) can't regulate their pool chemicals. I am paranoid about that, since during my m/c pregnancy I was still routinely doing water aerobics, so I will refrain from any structured exercise during this pregnancy and get back to it after birth and c/s recovery. I didn't do any consistent exercising with either DS's, so I'm not terribly worried lack of it will cause ill effects.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I hope to be walking all summer, and maybe a little swimming, but thats if i ever stop being nauseous and of course if my hips stay alive haha

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

I NEED to walk and I know that. I just have to set my mind to it and do it as much as possible. There is a gym on the naval base where i work so I could easily walk at lunch time on a treadmill, even on the hottest summer days. My first pregnancy I gained a whopping 60lbs. 40lbs of it was water weight (I had edema) that I lost the first week, but still, 20lbs of "I love food" weight is terrible! It would be nice to have some ladies to keep me accountable.

Heading out to the beach again today! 2 mile walk for me/DH kids ride bikes! Escaping the 90 for a milder 72 weather!!! I'm really not trying to rub it in

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Not planning to do anything. LOL. Seriously. I need a hip replacement and so that rules out everything but water related activities and my gym (which I'm considering cancelling that membership) can't regulate their pool chemicals. I am paranoid about that, since during my m/c pregnancy I was still routinely doing water aerobics, so I will refrain from any structured exercise during this pregnancy and get back to it after birth and c/s recovery. I didn't do any consistent exercising with either DS's, so I'm not terribly worried lack of it will cause ill effects.
    There are definitely situations where exercise is not the healthiest option . And you know, with two busy boys it's not as if you're completely sedentary, all the movement required to manage your life adds up to quite a bit I'm sure!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

My chiro said walking, biking and rowing were the best for pregos. We will walk and bike frequently throughout the summer and I wear a fitbit and go for 10,000 steps every day. I don't always make it, but now that the weather is better I hope to. We also have a community pool in our development so we will swim often there and in the nearby lake.