Thread: Anybody else taking permanent measures?

Default Anybody else taking permanent measures?

This pregnancy has been pretty hard on my body and I am definitely feeling my age. We knew before we conceived that we wanted 3 kids, and now it's time to make it official. Since I am having a c-section, my OB will do my tubes at the same time if I want, but I don't want the extra recovery time, and am scared of having an ectopic. Therefore, we've made the choice for DH to have the big V a few months after this one arrives. That said, we would not rule out foster care and/or adoption in future...

Anybody else officially closing things down in the procreation department?
    DS1: 08/18/08
    DS2: 05/30/12
    Baby Girl due in May!!

Not here. This is #1 for us and we want either 2 or 3 if we're able.

Is ectopic a particular risk with having your tubes tied? It makes sense, I just didn't know.
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Nope. This is our first. I want 3-5 kids and DH wants 2...who's gonna win that battle?
    Kim-26 DH-26 Figuring out how to be a SAHM!

I had my tubes tied when they did the c-section. The risk for pregnancy and ectopic is so low that I did not have any issue choosing to do it. Three babies is enough for me.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

I feel sure, financially, we're done at 3 ... but I'm nervous about taking permanent measures.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    I feel sure, financially, we're done at 3 ... but I'm nervous about taking permanent measures.
    The surgery I had is not permanent. They can reverse it easily. I got clips put on my tubes which can be removed no problem.

Oh, that's interesting! Good to know!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

No, we are pretty sure we only want one, but not sure enough to make it permanent. And because of my age we would have to act fast on that second one!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

We are done at 4. DH will go in for the big V 6 months after this LO is born (insurance rules). DH said that it was his turn to sacrifice his body

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsBabyNum2 View Post
    DH said that it was his turn to sacrifice his body
    YES! I love this! So sweet that your DH recognizes all your Mommy work and is willing to somewhat reciprocate.

I've been thinking that I'd be the one to do it because A. I have better insurance and B. I'll be having a c-section so it's just RIGHT THERE to take care of.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

We are unsure. We always wanted 4 so we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    I had my tubes tied when they did the c-section. The risk for pregnancy and ectopic is so low that I did not have any issue choosing to do it. Three babies is enough for me.
    Dayna, did you notice that the recovery has been more difficult than with your last section? My friends who have had their tubes clipped have said they were more sore... I am so tempted to just have it done and save DH the trouble, but I'm scared for some reason...
    DS1: 08/18/08
    DS2: 05/30/12
    Baby Girl due in May!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    Dayna, did you notice that the recovery has been more difficult than with your last section? My friends who have had their tubes clipped have said they were more sore... I am so tempted to just have it done and save DH the trouble, but I'm scared for some reason...
    This is my first c-section so I have nothing to compare it to. I was told the same thing but since I don't know the difference I have not noticed one. lol However, I wonder if the tubal is the cause for the sharp pains that periodically hit me on the right below my incision site? It sure seems odd to have occasional shooting pains down there.

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    B. I'll be having a c-section so it's just RIGHT THERE to take care of.
    If I were having a c-section(well planned c-section anyway I guess anything can still happen) I would opt to have my tubes tied as well.

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

We are pretty sure we want just one, but we are open to having more in about 2 years once our house is paid off and I can stay at home.

I had the tubal...but I had them cut and burned. Lol I definitely am done. The only reason I did it and not hubby was cause my deductible was paid up and his was not. It was definitely more achy that I thought it was going to be. I had no pain from the vaginal delivery but my incision was painful for a day or two.
    Melissa(35)+DH(36) DD1, DD2, DD3, and DS born March 25, 2014 love my angel babies