Thread: Lip Injury Help - urgent!

Default Lip Injury Help - urgent!

Baby boy busted his lip in three places. There is a piece of dirt/rock under his skin in one of the cuts and I can't get it out. Do I just leave it alone and it will come out or should I try to squeeze it out to avoid infection? I tried to push it out but nothing works, it's really stuck there. Waiting on a call back from his Pedi's nurse but thought may be someone on here knows?? TIA!

I think I'd take him to urgent care or the ER.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Blog Entries

I would probably take him somewhere, too. They might need to cut the surrounding area to get it out and you'll want it to be very well cleaned to prevent infection. Just my opinion, though.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

I agree with the other posts...I would take him in to have it extracted if you can not get it out on your own. The lip area does heal really well. But it has to stay clean of infection. I was always concerned about lip and face injuries. I wanted to minimize scaring as much as possible for my kids.

Brenda

Thanks..... I am stressing out about it. DH thinks it's a blood blister which is why we can't get it out. We can't find an "entrance point"... We have a pedi appt tomorrow to check it out.

Blog Entries

Ouch! Sounds painful, poor guy. I agree with taking him in and getting it cleaned out really well.

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

KUP - I hope he's okay!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Oh, hope he is okay!
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

We went to the pedi yesterday and he did have a piece of gravel in one of his cuts. It took all 2 seconds to get out and he barely cried. SO glad I took him and didn't listen to DH! She said we were really lucky his teeth were intact... Thank you all for your responses and thoughts!!!

Glad he is okay and the pedi could fix him up so quickly and easily!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)