Thread: So who is completing their family with this baby?

Default So who is completing their family with this baby?

This will very likely be our last baby if we go f/t. I'll be 38 when the baby is born and likely in my 40s when s/he weans. Not only am I pretty sure it would be a very long difficult road to try for another because of DOR but the losses are also very physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially draining so I doubt we will ever ttc again.

I always thought I would be sad to arrive at the place of having a "youngest", but I'm feeling very ready to be done ttc and to move on with our bio family complete .

Anyone else done after this one is born?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

This one won't be our last. Maybe one more afterwards.... adoption is also a possibility in the future as well. No STC issues here but I have had 2 csections, and will be attempting a VBA2C this time around. If this one ends in c-section we may have one more after that, or we may just wait a few years and adopt. I turned 26 in February so I feel like I have plenty of time to make that type of decision. My hubby is 27.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Meeee. I knew the moment I got that bfp that if we go f/t and all is well that this will be our last. I will be 35 when baby is born and probably 37/38 when he/she is weaned. I can tell that just pregnancy in general and raising little ones is getting harder as I get older. I just don't have the stamina I once did. I wanted to be finished by 35 anyway. We are discussing permanent BC and going through the pros and con's and who will get it done after baby is here.

This is our last, assuming all goes well. We had planned on Carter being our last so this super surprise is definitely it. lol.

I really hope that this LO is NOT our last. It will be dependent on how well I am able to handle this pregnancy (which I have been doing pretty well so far), and how we are doing financially, seeing as IVF is our only way to conceive a bio child. I hope to have at least one if not two more bio children before I move on to looking into foster care. I want to have all of my children before I am 35, I don't want to be high risk if I can help it.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Oh and Kelly I am looking forward to moving on past baby phase too. No regrets at all about next step in life and not TTC anymore. Just a peace I have.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaToe88 View Post
    This one won't be our last. Maybe one more afterwards.... adoption is also a possibility in the future as well. No STC issues here but I have had 2 csections, and will be attempting a VBA2C this time around. If this one ends in c-section we may have one more after that, or we may just wait a few years and adopt. I turned 26 in February so I feel like I have plenty of time to make that type of decision. My hubby is 27.
    Adopting from foster care again is still on the table for us . We'd prefer ds to not be the only adopted kiddo...it'd be nice for him to have a sib he can relate to on that level.

yes, this is defo our last one!!! finger crossed all is well. Nervous though as absolutely no symptom. Sore breasts come and go........
    Married mom of 2. DH- (34) ME (32)
    Aaron- 7 April 2006, Niamh-13 March 2010......#3 due 28th November 2014

This is definitely not our last, we will try for prob 2 more. I am not a fan of 3 and having one in the middle. 4-5 is ideal and I'm okay with an odd number past 3 since there wouldn't be just 1 kiddo in the middle. haha. DH would probably be set with 3 if I said so though but is willing to have more to make me happy
    Mother to seven flying, called home too soon.

We have always said 4-5 ( plus my DSD who just turned 18) so a pretty big family no matter what. This might be our last.... It's sort of up in the air. 4 was my number, 5 is DH. My choice, but it's OUR family so I will just see as it comes it should be a mutual decision that we both feel good about, kwim?
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I'm fairly certain this is our last although we have been back and forth over taking any permanent measures. I have left the ultimate decision on that up to DH.

I'm sure if money were no concern, we'd have a bunch more, but since it is this is our last planned pregnancy. I am, also, still on the fence regarding permanent birth control.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Yes, this one will complete our family. I was actually good with a singleton if that was in the cards, but she gets to have a sib and I'm thankful for that. I will be 39 by the time DD1 starts kindy, and will probably still be nursing this LO by then, but hope to wean, be done with baby phase and be able to move forward with our family of four by the time I'm 40.

DH will be getting snipped and I will also go back on the pill asap as it helps my cysts/endo/cycles stabilize.

We won't do anything permanent...we'll be using the Fertility Awareness Method (FAM) and probably condoms occasionally . It's very possible though I'll come out on the other side of this in meno since I'm already in peri...that would definitely simplify things.

I had always hoped to go on having babies until I just wasn't fertile anymore, but RPL changes things for sure. I'm very peaceful about this being our "baby" and even kind of excited .

Kelly--it's great that you have peace about it!!

I've always thought we'd have two. Sometimes I think this will be our only, but that's my overly rational brain speaking. I've had visions of my daughter that included a little boy in them, so who knows??
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    We won't do anything permanent...we'll be using the Fertility Awareness Method (FAM) and probably condoms occasionally . It's very possible though I'll come out on the other side of this in meno since I'm already in peri...that would definitely simplify things. .
    DH and I have done that for years. Because I am fairly regular it's always worked. This last one though we weren't as careful and I ovulated 5 days early (we DTD on Saturday, I though I was good until the following saturday, but I ovulated on Monday) . I'm nervous as I get older, and if I am like my mom, my periods and ovulation will become increasingly irregular leading up to menopause. And it would be harder to do FAM. My mom is 55 and still ovulating and getting her period. It's not regular but she's not fully done with AF yet. My mom's side of the family is very very fertile (she is one of 13 naturally born and 5 angel baby brother/sisters). And honestly it's really scary!!! Please don't think I am insensitive to those that have STC. But I have to bear my heart and say that the opposite is just as nerve wracking too! it's really scary to know that I can turn around and get pregnant very easily as it has only taken one time for each child we've conceived. I told DH I'm personally sick of condoms and I can't possibly use them and FAM another 20-25 years. It's been super stressful to chart and really kills spontaneity for me. I love the idea of making love and not worrying!!

It for sure is a personal choice though. My Dh is 100% done with BIO after this baby. I am too. So we are leaning on him get snipped since it's less invasive. We haven't completely ruled out adoption though. A lot will depend on finances with the adoption route..I know I should be less stressed about having children!! I know!! I just view it as such an important and weighty responsibility.

Brenda

I never thought this would be our last, but my body is taking the pregnancy so hard that im am dealing with the realization that i cant physically do this again, im struggling with finding peace with just three , ive always imagined a large family but i am also dreaming of adoption as a possible solution

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

We're on the fence right now. We've always wanted 3 kiddos, but I don't get PG easily. I told DS that after this baby, I'm not going back to the RE ever. I cannot handle more drugs, shots, scans, etc. We are still very much open to the idea of adoption. We have lots of friends at our church who have adopted internationally and DH's sister was adopted from Taiwan, so it would be easy for us to get to that point instead of pursuing more bio kids.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    We're on the fence right now. We've always wanted 3 kiddos, but I don't get PG easily. I told DS that after this baby, I'm not going back to the RE ever. I cannot handle more drugs, shots, scans, etc. We are still very much open to the idea of adoption. We have lots of friends at our church who have adopted internationally and DH's sister was adopted from Taiwan, so it would be easy for us to get to that point instead of pursuing more bio kids.
    EXACTLY !! We've only been seeing an RE a little over a year, but it really is just soooo stressful ! No matter the outcome of this pg, I'm really not sure I could do it again. My RE was great but I honestly never ever ever want to step foot in that office ever again...not a whole lot of good memories made there...mostly just a lot of anxiety and heartache .

This will be our last. Hubby will get the V and I can get my stomach muscles sewn back together...