DD1 needs a new bike. She has not shown much interest in riding so she never really had a decent bike. Around age 4 she got a 12 inch bike with training wheels and rode that ok. Then our neighbor gave us their daughter's old bike but I am not sure what size it is...it's either 16 or 18 inches (too lazy go to outside and check at the moment lol). I think she fits on it ok but the chain is broken so she doesn't really ride it.

I want to get her a new one for Easter. She will be turning 8 in August but she is small. I am not sure of her height exactly but she is one of the smaller kids in her class. What size bike would a 7-8 year old typically get? I was leaning towards 18 inches? Should I go to 20? I want her to learn to ride w/o training wheels so I need for her to be comfortable. If I go too big (thinking she will grow into it) she will have too much trouble and get turned off. I don't really need to worry about her getting the longest use out of the bike because I have 3 girls and will be able to just hand it down to one of them anyway....

What size does your 7-8yo ride?