Thread: Hi guys!!!

Default Hi guys!!!

Sorry I havent been around to post and be supportive. I've been sneaking on and checking in on you all tho. I'm so happy to see all the new BFP announcements and gender reveals! Things have been crazy here. We had to pack (which was horrible! lol) and move. Lately the kids have been sick a lot (darn weather changes) and now we're battling lice with Peyton. Hopefully it will be over soon tho.

I did have a question for you guys. Hair dye? Is it ok now? I'm almost in my 3rd tri. I know back when I had Marissa it wasn't ok but lately I've been reading that it is ok if it's ammonia free and you're out of the 1st tri. My next dr appt is in 2 weeks so I can ask then but I was curious. I know when my bff was preg a couple months ago her dr said it was ok for her to dye her hair and it shocked me because of not being able to with M.

IT'S A BOY!!!

Marissa 12, Peyton 7, Jayden 5 and #4 due 7/4/2014

Sorry you've been having a rough time, moving is awful! Glad to hear from you!

Hair dye is fine, in fact there are pregnancy safe ones. The main issue is if it absorbs into your skin, the hair itself won't cause problems. Plus its unlikely that the little that does penetrate your scalp will ever get metabolized enough to cross the placenta.

Enjoy your new hair!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I've been dying my hair since the first tri. I do foils though so it never touches my scalp. All over color may be more cause for concern.
    Kim-26 DH-26 Figuring out how to be a SAHM!

Ammonia free or all natural is okay. Since so little gets absorbed anyway. The other issue is inhaling the fumes from chemical dyes. As long as you are in a well ventilated area and or have minimal skin contact even other dyes should be fine. Best to let a professional handle it if you are going to use a chemical dye. Or just go natural. Herbal essences makes a great ammonia free dye.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Usually dyes are OK. Ammonia free is preferred.
    Sorry P has lice. I remember someone recommending me to add rosemary essential oil to the shampoo besides treatment which should help with lice
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook