Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Home and Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Wheeeee. I wish it was that easy for me to lose weight lol your muscles will come back. Right now body is still messed up with pregnancy hormones and will be do till around 3 months ppt. It is actually good you dropped so much -your body won't be overworking to burn unnecessary fat. When I am pg, no matter how I eathink always gain extra. But at least this time and last time per se it is/was not as bad as 1st time. You also do everything by yourself and you have 2 more kids. So plenty of movement and "stress" for your body.
    As long as you feel physically fine, your body is doing what it needs to do naturally.
    Thanks. I am actually wondering if I might have a thyroid problem. My doctor never got to test me during pregnancy so I assume she might do so at my appointment. I am still sweating and that was my doctors main concern before I had the baby. When I sweat I sweat like I'm dripping wet and it is not when I am hot. It is very odd. My grandmother has an under active thyroid so there is a family history. However I don't think I have any other symptoms. But since I don't know what those symptoms really are it is hard to know. I definitely lost a lot more weight than I thought I would.

An under active thyroid would be hypothyroid and sweating and weight loss are not familiar symptoms. Typically weigh gain is the norm, along with being cold and frequently tired. When I hear weight loss and thyroid I think hyperthyroid, like Graves Disease.

I recall sweating a lot, post partum, with both boys. I understood it to be hormonal, but it sounds like you had an issue with excessive sweating prior to pregnancy?

I hope they can shed some light on the issue for you!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I have hypothyroid which is pregnancy induced and there Is no weight loss. If you feel concerned - ask at your 42 days appointment and hopefully test your thyroid. Sweating to me is normal. But then I sweat a lot lol
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    An under active thyroid would be hypothyroid and sweating and weight loss are not familiar symptoms. Typically weigh gain is the norm, along with being cold and frequently tired. When I hear weight loss and thyroid I think hyperthyroid, like Graves Disease.

I recall sweating a lot, post partum, with both boys. I understood it to be hormonal, but it sounds like you had an issue with excessive sweating prior to pregnancy?

I hope they can shed some light on the issue for you!
    Thanks for the info. I guess mine would be hyperthyroid then IF that is even what I have. The sweating PP was normal for me after DS1, but then again I was EBFing and I think that contributed to the sweating episodes. They were really bad and at night. I would wake up drenched in sweat. This time around I sweat during the day at really odd times. I will just be sitting and having a conversation with someone and the next thing I know I have dripping sweat in my armpits or down my back. This happened during pregnancy, too, and when I told my dr she was concerned and immediately wanted to test my thyroid. Unfortunately my insurance lapsed out during that time so it never got done. Now the sweating is infrequent but still happening though never at night. :wft:

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    I have hypothyroid which is pregnancy induced and there Is no weight loss. If you feel concerned - ask at your 42 days appointment and hopefully test your thyroid. Sweating to me is normal. But then I sweat a lot lol
    I will bring it up at my appointment next week and see if she is still concerned.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

So the weight loss is not as high as I thought. My Mom's scale was off by 5lbs. Good thing, I guess, since I was so worried.

With all that has happened since yesterday I am exhausted today. My MIL came to help last night so we could get some sleep but I couldn't sleep and fell asleep at 1am. The day started with news of my grandmother's passing and then we had three people and realtors come to view our home. It was listed on Saturday and so had only been on the market 24hrs. Last time we tried to sell it took over a week for people to come look at it. Anyway, by the time I went to bed we already had an offer and for just $4k less than we listed it for. The last couple that came to see our house came late so we anticipate another offer from them, or at least DH does. We will see. Hopefully we can get into a bidding war and get more than we asked. ;)

But I lost my voice yesterday after news of my Nanny's passing and it just kept getting worse. My nose began to stop up and get running and I just felt out of it. DH and hadn't anticipated our house selling so quickly so we aren't even pre-approved nor have we really even looked for a house yet. I ended up having dreams of selling a house. I am exhausted today and have to do so much with a toddler and newborn to watch at the same time. I should be happy but I am just bleh.

Elek is doing wonderfully. He is smiling when he sees me and DH told me last night that he smiled a huge smile at him when he saw him. I measured him at home and he is 21in already, so he is growing good in length. I don't know how much he weighs yet.

take care. Exhaustion can lower your immune system. Hope you sell fast and move quick. It is still better than moving pregnant! And sorry again a boy grandma.

Wow that's quick to get offers! The house we bought had been on the market for several months before we offered. They ended up down on their original asking price by 20k. Hope you can figure out a new housing situation soon!

Worst case scenario you rent someplace for a little while while you figure out your next move in terms of house buying. It's definitely awesome to be fielding offers 24 hours after listing!! I'd take it and work around it. It's always good to have some time to find a house that you are REALLY going to LOVE. A 6 month lease somewhere would give you that kind of time, though I don't know the details of your situation so that might not work at all for you. While I've never wanted to have a family living in an apartment (probably because I grew up in houses) I would do it for a limited amount of time if it gave me the flexibility to find the perfect place.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

You sure do have a lot on your plate right now I feel for you mamma. I have never sold a house but I did move cross country with a 1 week old. It's tough stuff especially with all those hormones you're dealing with right now. I hope you guys find a house really soon

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Thanks everyone! The house selling situation has been ! And I mean that is a GOOD way. Turns out that all three couples who came to see our house made offers and so the last 24-48hrs has been amazingly interesting! At first we found out we got an offer for $20k above asking price and then found out that all of the interested parties came up on price. This morning, with hours left until we made our decision, there was a final offer $30k above our asking price! I am just reeling! We were going to make a good profit to begin with but now, well lets just say being a SAHM will NOT be an issue anymore...well at least if everything goes smoothly will the sale. We signed the contract today and will know more in 10 days once they do the appraisal. We do not have a house we want to buy yet but we need to get our butts in gear. Our realtor is a friend and knocked off 2% of his commission for us if we buy using him so trying to find a house now but the market is a sellers market so it is hard to find a good deal out there.

Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly with the sale!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

It has been a busy last few days. My grandmother's funeral was yesterday, so now it is calming down - finally.

We accepted an offer on our house for $30k over our asking price. We also made an offer on a house today and are waiting to hear back. It is a fixer-upper so not near as nice as ours but is 10 minutes away from everything important. It is also waaaay bigger than our current house and when we are finished upgrading it it will be awesome! The other cool thing is it is located right across the street from a brand new elementary school.

Today I had my postpartum check-up and everything looked good except that my BP was high. The nurse took it three times and finally just gave up. The first reading was 126/85 and the third was 131/95. My pulse was way slow, though, like 63. Weird. Anyway, my dr and I talked about things and we decided that rather than me going back to work full-time she would write that I could go back part-time for two weeks and then go to full-time. I am happy with that. With everything that has been going on, I think I am just stressed to the max. I have not slept well in three nights.

Oh and I forgot to mention that my boss - the one I love so much - she resigned her position on Tuesday and so now I have a new temporary boss. I talked to her today to figure out my part-time schedule. She let me set it, so I like her already. BUT the only reason I was going to go back to work was because of my great boss. Now I really don't wanna go back at all. BUT I have to for mortgage loan purposes. Good thing school will be out soon!

When I think back on all that has happened recently I know why my BP is high. I mean a birth, a marriage, a death, a sold house (and maybe a bought one, too), news of my boss' resignation, insomnia and all the stress that goes with all of those things, who wouldn't have high BP?? I hope returning to some normality will help but the best thing about part-time is that I get to be with Elek a little longer.

Man oh man! You really do have a lot going on right now! I would be shocked if you DIDN'T have high BP!! I'm so happy for you guys getting 30k over asking price!!! That's just wonderful I'm also very happy to hear that you and little Elek are doing well How wonderful to start everything off in a new house that little Elek will grow up in.

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Congratulations on the offer and hope you get approved for the one you liked!
    As for BP, you are STRESSED! Hope you get some time to relax and feel better. Hugs

Thank you both. We are still waiting to hear more but are hopeful. They did the inspection yesterday and when I got home one bedroom window had a cracked pane which I am sure wasn't there before. I hope they don't want us to replace it! The inspector told me our upstairs a/c unit was not blowing cold enough air - 66 degrees instead of 56. He said he was going to recommend a service call. It cools well enough for us and we just had the fan and motor replaced last summer so IDK what the heck the issue is. Hoping the buyers don't act on his suggestion.

Oh and the termite inspector came out, too, and um, wow all I can say is he was the most beautiful man I have seen in a while. I just kept staring at him but was not hitting on him or anything, he was just so pretty. lol And just a baby. He graduated college in 2009! Anyway, he and talked for a long time but he was just friendly, not coming onto me (thank God!). I told DH about it (we do that sort of thing) and I told him it was just that he was beautiful not that I was interested in him in that way if you KWIM. It made me feel old, though. I am likely 10 years older than that man. Oh well. That is life, right? When I thought about it later I realized that I was looking at him like I look at DS1. It just amazes me how beautiful he is sometimes.

Today I am home alone with Elek and just got a real solid night's sleep so am feeling much better. The little guy is awake more frequently now and it is getting more fun to be around him Here is a pic from today. He will be six weeks old next Monday!

Lol @ inspector Pretty! Hope he also gave you good review :-D
    I don't see why someone would pick on ac. They might just get a new one.
    Elek is so adorable!

Default Maternity Leave is Over

Today I am back at work and man oh man it has been an adjustment. I got here and my new boss is pretty regimented. She is more of a micromanager I can tell. She wants me to tell her what I am going to do for the day and when I will do it. Being I have been gone so long I did not have an answer for her. I just sat and stared at her like . Thankfully I am only here half a day. So far this half day has been hectic but bearable. I really don't want to be here full-time though. Ugh!

Hope you all had a happy Mother's Day! The first present I received was a huge, toothless grin from Elek. I then dyed my hair. I have never done that so it scary. It is now so dark! I have highlighted my hair so much I forgot how dark it had gotten. The lady helped me find my natural shade and wow, it is dark! Even though it is technically blond it looks brown to me.

Will update more on the house buying/selling chaos later. I have lots to do today!

Aww What a sweetie!

I would be annoyed by a boss that wanted to know what and when I was doing things. I've had to keep logs of work before but only to show what I did after I did it...are you a mind reader LOL??
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Yeah, that was pretty aggressive to ask you for those details on your FIRST DAY BACK!! When is your last day, again?? ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Oh wow, your boss sounds demanding! Hope you can stop working soon! !!

The good thing is this boss is temporary. She was the director for 10yrs before the boss that hired me and recently quit. After I wrote my update she came by and sat and talked to me just to get to know me. I told her what had happened and she seemed to lighten up a bit. I think she is stressing and didn't mean to push it on me. She did say that they were stupid to hire me when I was pregnant considering all the mess they had to fix. That was not very nice but at least I know she is honest. However, despite knowing her a bit better she is still a micromanager and this will be interesting. Right now I am likely going to resign the end of June. We will see if the sale of the house goes through (still waiting on appraisal).

Good luck on your house and June will be here before we know it sadly, I wish time would stand still!

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    Good luck on your house and June will be here before we know it sadly, I wish time would stand still!
    Thank you. How are you doing with your little one? Haven't heard much from you.

We found out yesterday that the offer we made on a house was accepted. However, there are some drawbacks to the offer that I have to look into. For one, the owner wants us to close quick, by the beginning of June instead of the 28th. Our other house doesn't close until the 29th. We were going to use the profit from the sale of our house to fund the down payment for the one we are buying. We could possibly scrape up the money but it will be difficult and I don't know if the loan company will approve our loan before the sale of our house is final. Anyone know? I have to call the loan officer today to ask but if you have had experience in this then perhaps you can shed some light on the situation. My Mom seems to think we can do it.

So far our house is coming up clear on everything. The inspection only showed that our upstairs a/c was not cooling enough so all we have to do is get it serviced. The appraisal has yet to be done. IF it comes up short then IDK what happens. Hopefully it doesn't.

We are doing well. My computer died before I had Porter so I'm mobile when I get on here and it's a pain so I read a lot just don't always respond.

I don't know about lending before your house is sold. Glad your inspection came back good. I know when our appraisal was done we were told they like to come back within a few grand so normally the appraiser does that to at least get the loan closed. Ours came back $2k higher then what we offered.

Fingers crossed you manage everything in time!

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    We are doing well. My computer died before I had Porter so I'm mobile when I get on here and it's a pain so I read a lot just don't always respond.

I don't know about lending before your house is sold. Glad your inspection came back good. I know when our appraisal was done we were told they like to come back within a few grand so normally the appraiser does that to at least get the loan closed. Ours came back $2k higher then what we offered.
    Good to hear you and baby are well. Yeah trying to reply via a cell is frustrating. I usually use voice to text if using my phone.

I don't know anything on the appraisal yet. They had 10 days to do it and it hasn't been done so am thinking we will have to go back to the contract if they have not done it yet. We were told that if we have to close on the house we are buying before we close on the one we are selling that we qualify for two mortgages. So I guess it will work out. We will just have to scrape up the down payment and closing cost money. However, it looks like the owners of the house we are buying are going to let us moving the closing date. So we'll see.

It has been a hectic week and I am glad it is over (well soon will be). DDs birthday was yesterday and I took cupcakes to her class. My mom came with me because we needed to get some papers notarized. We had all three of my kids so it was crazy but went okay. IDK how I am going to juggle everything when I start back to work full-time.

Elek is doing great. He is smiling more frequently now and outgrowing his NB diapers. Guess that means he weighs more. I weighed him on my Mom's home scale with me holding him and it looks like he is around 10lbs. His 2 month well baby is on the 27th.

Nearly 2 months already! They seriously grow so fast!

So glad to hear that Elek is doing well. Hang in there with all the changes going on!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

So AF is here and man this is the worst AF I have had in a long time. I soak through the highest absorbency tampon in about two hours. No cramping or anything really bad, just a ton of blood. Is this normal after a c-section?

On the house search we are stalled. Every house we like gets bid out from under us. The one we thought we had we lost because two other buyers came in and one was offering cash. The seller was desperate for a quick sale and cash so took the cash offer even though it was substantially less than ours. DH and I are now struggling to find houses we both like. DH wants location and I want something that is comparable to what we have now. We keep butting heads. If we don't find a new home soon it will mean moving into an apartment or renting a home. I really don't want that. I would rather pull out of our sale of this house than live somewhere temporarily that will cost as much as a monthly mortgage.

I don't know how it is after natural delivery but that's how mine has been (even worse) after both c-sections.

Sorry about the house situation. I hope you find one soon!!!