Thread: Fetal Heart Rate?

Default Fetal Heart Rate?

So we had our ultrasound yesterday and the fetal heart rate for both babies was right at 90.

We were technically 6w5d based on the frozen transfer. He did say implantation could have been slightly later since the embryo was dividing into identical twins. However they were measuring for 5w6d and 6w0d. We have to go back in on Monday for a follow up... But I'm totally a wreck and haven't found much of anything to be useful. I don't know of the heart rate is more concerning or the size (or something else that I didn't know to ask/write down)

Does anyone know if it's normal for babies to be a few days behind developmentally, but at the right date? (We got a positive HPT just 4 days after the transfer, albeit very light, so I know they had implanted by then unless the other embryo implanted to start producing HCG, grasping at straws here). And on this site, it says 6-7 weeks, the 90bpm is still in the low range of normal. But other things I read say that it should be over 110. I'm making myself crazy, I realize, but any thoughts might easy a stressed mind.

We have to go in on Monday for follow up and don't know how I'm going to make it that long.

I think some other ladies may have a better answer, but I'm thinking that even seeing a measurable HR at this point is amazing. And they are lower to start with and then pick up lot, even over the course of a week.

It's so amazing that you're having twins congrats mama!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I just found out I'm having twins as well! I was on clomid and I got my positive test at 9 dpo I believe. I wasn't 100% sure of ovulation. When are you thinking you are due? I had my first u/s on Tuesday and one baby measured 6w4d and the other measured 6w3d. They had HBs of 120 and 123. When is your next u/s? I think for where the babies measured the HBs sound good! Hoping for the best for you!!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

I think just having heartbeats is amazing too. I read an early fetal heart rate (5-6 weeks) should be in the range of 90-110 BPM. So 90 on the lower end is fine. Its hard to wait. Congrats on the double blessing of twins.

I have no useful information....just hugs!!!! I hope everything goes great on Monday! Will be stalking!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    I have no useful information....just hugs!!!! I hope everything goes great on Monday! Will be stalking!
    ^ ITA

Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I know early ultrasounds can be off by +/- 5 days and still be considered normal. My RE also told me that once a heartbeat is heard, your chances of miscarriage go down to 5%. That was with a singleton though- not sure what the stats are for twins. Praying everything is progressing as it should be for you!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Based on the fetal measurements, the heart rate is right where it should be. They probably just started beating the day before. Huge hugs. Just seeing those hearts flickering has reduced your chance of miscarriage a LOT! I know it's tough when they don't measure like you thought. Things are sooooo tiny at that stage that a hair off on the measurement can make a day or two of difference in dating.

My first US showed my LO's heartbeat at 126, and I thought that was low. My next ultrasound showed at 181.....
    The nurse that did my second ultrasound said that often times that early on they start slow, then tend to overshoot, then stabilize.
    I have no words of wisdom, but wish you the best of luck!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Heather...how are you doing?

Thinking of you!

sounds like the HRs are right- early on they are low then bump up a bit after…I think it's around the 10 week mark? Hope you are feeling well!

What time is your appointment today? Thinking of you!

Quote Originally Posted by haydensmom View Post
    What time is your appointment today? Thinking of you!
    ^ This !!!

Praying for good news today !