Thread: what kind of lovey?

Blog Entries

Default what kind of lovey?

I think it is time to try to get DS attached to a comforting object (besides me ). He doesn't self settle when he wakes, which is often. This helped DD 1 although she was a little older as she had...and still has...a favorite blanket. (DD 2 never attached to any one thing.) He is a little young for a blanket, but I am having a hard time coming up with l lovey ideas. What do your kiddos use for comforting, snuggly items?

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

What about one of those stuffed animal heads attached to a small blanket thingys? I have seen them in Target and BRU. DD2 still uses hers at age 5 but DD3 has one and isn't interested.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

My son loves these: http://www.diapers.com/p/aden-anais-...roductId=18483

I buy them for all my pregnant friends too, they're the best!

Cody has always been a teddy bear lover so he has one from Build A Bear he sleeps with nightly. We typically don't go there often so its a treat. We bought one for Sophia that she has in her crib but, she could take it or leave it. She still sucks her thumb at night.
    *** Lindsay ***

David had his favorite blankie (he actually still has it, though of course it's just in a drawer), but Erin and Laura never did. Of course, that was back before they said blankets were dangerous and not to allow babies to have blankets in their cribs. Nathan has his neenee. Katie has a blanket that has always been her favorite, but it's not like she HAS to have it.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Both of my kids took to soft burp cloths that they use as loveys.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Jaydens was actually a shirt of Marissas. It was a fuzzy soft shirt and he just loved it, from a very young age. When he would be in his swing he liked it touching the side of his face. He used that until I was comfortable with him having a blanket. To this day he still has to have his special blanket (a huge transformers blanket lol) touch his face to fall asleep.

IT'S A BOY!!!

Marissa 12, Peyton 7, Jayden 5 and #4 due 7/4/2014

Blog Entries

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by macksmom View Post
    What about one of those stuffed animal heads attached to a small blanket thingys? I have seen them in Target and BRU. DD2 still uses hers at age 5 but DD3 has one and isn't interested.
    I was thinking about this. He has a little monkey with a tiny soft blanket attached now, but it rattles so that's out--too noisy! The animal heads are quiet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kmrk336 View Post
    My son loves these: http://www.diapers.com/p/aden-anais-...roductId=18483

I buy them for all my pregnant friends too, they're the best!
    Oooh, I didn't know they made these! We love the swaddling blankets. I'll bet I could save money by buying 1 blanket off craigslist (someone listed some the other day) and cutting it up in to smaller pieces, then hemming the edges!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Benjamin has three loveys. He has a small stuffed horse that my aunt bought him the day he was born, and a little white bunny. He also has a little yellow bunny head with a blankie attached that a good friend of mine knitted for him, before he was born. The corners of the blankie where the front paws of the bunny would be (the head is attached at one corner, so the blankie is diamond shaped) are knotted and he loves to chew on them. He's attached to all three and must have all three in his crib when he goes to sleep. He will not take them out of the crib though and gets mad if I do. He has one of those animal head blankies from a store too, but its got a rattle in the head, so I never let him sleep with it, it just lives in his basket of stuffed animals.

I had a big blanket when I was little, that my mom ended up cutting up. I still have one piece of it. When my little brother was born she gave him the smallest thing she could find, which turned out to be an infant sized t-shirt from our friend's plumbing business. She got a bunch of them so she could switch it out to wash as needed, lol. He called it his "tee."
    Jennifer

4 of my nieces/nephews were attached to gerber burp cloths. don't know how mom got all 4 of her kids to have the same lovey and to all give it up before age 5... but it worked for them!
    both my kids are attached to a blanket. i tried to get them attached to something that was not a blanket but the blanket is what they chose and are both extremely attached to.