Thread: Where is everyone?!

Default Where is everyone?!

I felt like posting... how is everyone feeling?

I am feeling pretty much back to normal after delivery but I would be a lot better if my digestive system didn't hate me so bad! I am now on the BRAT diet for a few days to see if my system can fix itself. I am pathetically excited to be going into work real quick for a visit and to help a co worker tomorrow.

As for Sean, he is doing fantastic! Hungry constantly though which is wearing on me because of my digestive issues, I was unable to eat for a few days and I was exhausted. He has been eating all night and I hope it's not because my milk supply is weakening. I need to start pumping soon for work and don't know how I will be able to do that if he is constantly nursing. Sean sleeps about 3-4hrs at a time at night and nurses for about 30mins at a time when he wakes. We are working on a routine and I hope we can keep it going because it would work for when I go back to work.

Where is everyone else at? Hope all are feeling good!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

I am new to the rooms but wanted to pipe up since the room is so quiet. Elek was born on March 31, so I am a week postpartum now.

My digestive tract is really off kilter, too. I blame it on the c-section and the spinal I had. It is like my body forgot how to function and it has not been a fun week. Thankfully things are starting to function more normally. I had not considered the BRAT diet. That likely would have saved me a lot of discomfort! Now I am struggling with the side-effects of the iron supplement my dr prescribed me with. Talk about yuck! Thankfully I waited to start taking them when my digestive system started working more normally (though it is still not perfect).

I am not feeling 100% but maybe at about 75% but it varies from day to day. I just decreased my pain meds and was doing fine until last night. I think I overdid it when company came over and stayed late. I was in tears from exhaustion by bedtime and then got woken up by pain in my incision site. I have not had pain there much except when I overdo it. I still get very tired for seemingly no reason but that could be because of anemia, though I am not sure since I have never been anemic before. I am typically a go-getter so this c-section experience has been an eye-opener for me. I hate being forced to slow down by my body.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

I was wondering the same thing!! echoooo!!!!

I've been here reading a bit. When I'm at home I don't get on the computer much, just my phone so it's harder to post. I go back to work tomorrow so I'll probably check in much more often from there. I hope you are all doing well. Quinn was sleeping through the night for a 6 to 7 hour stretch for about a week but he is back to being up every three hours now. Now that I'm going back to work DH will take turns with me getting up with him thank goodness. I had been doing all the night feedings since I was home all the time and could nap. I got pneumonia a week after birth and nursing became just too much for me so now I pump three times a day and he gets formula the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by handsdown View Post
    I've been here reading a bit. When I'm at home I don't get on the computer much, just my phone so it's harder to post. I go back to work tomorrow so I'll probably check in much more often from there. I hope you are all doing well. Quinn was sleeping through the night for a 6 to 7 hour stretch for about a week but he is back to being up every three hours now. Now that I'm going back to work DH will take turns with me getting up with him thank goodness. I had been doing all the night feedings since I was home all the time and could nap. I got pneumonia a week after birth and nursing became just too much for me so now I pump three times a day and he gets formula the rest of the time.
    We are in the same boat.. I pump 3 bottles and the rest formula..I feel guilty about it because I wanted to be a devoted bfer. First with jaundice and me getting sick. Plus latching problems ..so I pump only. I finally got my laptop! My whole pregnancy I only had my phone..so it was hard to post pics. I didn't post any pregnancy, shower, or nursery stash pics like I wanted too. I didn't even have time to post a birth story. I feel I missed out on a lot here! Now its back to work for me and I don't want too I want to be with my baby allllll day! Lol

I always forget to check this board now but Sean and I are doing good! Tuesday and Wednesday night Sean wasn't sleeping... AT ALL!!! We didn't know why and I had gone back to work so we thought maybe he missed me but then I asked the babysitter and Sean had not pooped in two days which is off for him! We called the doc yesterday and he said 1oz of Apple Juice should do the trick. We gave him 1oz at 6pm and at 9pm we heard the best noise in a long time! Checked his diaper and he had pooped... ALOT!!! So we changed him, bathed him, fed him and put him in his bouncer. He passed right out and I woke up at 5am to him crying for the first time that night!!! He slept from 11-5 for the first time last night!!!! Then I pumped 5oz this morning!!

I am still BFing but pump at work 3xs a day and then nursing when I am home. It's been hard because I didn't build up much of a stash before leaving for work but if I keep pumping like this morning I will be all set!! Sean eats about 4oz 3xs while I am at work so it's good to sneak in an extra few ozs of pumping here and there.

So that is my update. Hope everyone else's LOs are doing well!!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz