Thread: Pineapples!

Wink Pineapples!

Yesterday I bought a pineapple. I heard that they are another natural inducer/ labor readyer. Before eating it today I looked up what exactly it does. Pineapple along with mango, and kiwi contain en enzyme called bromelain that is supposed to work like a prostaglandin, ripening and softening the cervix however bromelain will also cause contractions. But they have to be eaten fresh. Canned does not have the enzyme. From the testimonials I read it works great if you are already soft and a bit dilated. And like really great. Most people went into labor that day if they ate the fresh fruit. The juice works too but some woman had to drink it for weeks... and I don't think they were soft, effaced or dilated any. Some woman said that it didn't work at all. Many of those woman had not progressed at all before hand tho. I am thinking it works as a catalyst if you are somewhat ready. I almost ate that thing today! I am so glad I read about it first. DH has a shoot tomorrow. and work though the week. His work is kinda "on call" so we have to take what he can get. I plan to eat the whole pineapple Saturday. I love kiwis too so we might go buy some and make a lovely fruit salad.

Now I figure that it will work pretty good on me considering I already have contractions and I am soft and thin. So FX we will be in labor Saturday or Sunday. I will be 38.5 weeks and I think that is pretty good. I have had just a horrific pg with all the pain and discomfort. So I want to move on and meet my beautiful Kayla.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I wish I liked pineapples they are SO cheap! I do love mango though! I hope it works for you. Being pregnant is such a blessing because of all the joy it bring to a family....yet it hurts like hell (ribs...anyone..???) and 10 months is WAY too long lol

Chelsea Deven (5 years)
    DS- Dean(4 years), Dean's twin 8 weeks DS-Logan(3 years), DD-Hannah(1 year), DD- Abigail(1 month), We're a big family and loving every minute of it

Stepping in to offer a quick tip that helped me which was spicy food I know it doesn't work for everyone but, I was sent home at 39 weeks being 2 cm dialated with the contractions not strong enough they said to go ahead and eat, take a shower, and rest because it could be another few days. So we stopped at Burger King on the way home and I had the chicken tenders with buffalo sauce. That was at 2 PM when I finished lunch, I took a shower, and took a nap until 5:30 PM and woke up in worst pain. I waited until 7:30 to make sure the contractions were consistent and by 7:45 when I arrived to the hospital I was 4 cm and they admitted me. So long story it could help if you like spicy food. My aunt was two weeks over due and had Taco Bell and went into labor soon after.

I have heard that pineapple can induce labor. Someone told me you had to eat the core though. I love pineapple and planned on starting to eat it at 37 weeks. I am going to do the spicy food thing too and see if that will help at all. I am also getting my last prenatal massage right at 37 weeks so I am going to talk to her and see if there is something she can do to help kick start labor. I am going to get a pedicure too and ask the same thing. I don't want to go past my due date at all and plan on doing whatever I can to make sure that doens't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsBabyNum2 View Post
    I wish I liked pineapples they are SO cheap! I do love mango though! I hope it works for you. Being pregnant is such a blessing because of all the joy it bring to a family....yet it hurts like hell (ribs...anyone..???) and 10 months is WAY too long lol
    Yes, the 9 month myth is bogus! I don't care what anyone says, this is a 10 month commitment. My ribs are starting to hurt too... boooooo.

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

I hope it works for u. Just so u know, I think DTD got my labor going along with all the walking I did the day before and day of.

Semen has good stuff that helps ripen your cervix
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsBabyNum2 View Post
    OMG ribs... If I ever have torn rib muscles and a separated rib again I will cry so hard. That was the worst pain ever. And we are talking constant pain for 2-3 months. FX that does not happen next pg.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2CodySophia0811 View Post
    Stepping in to offer a quick tip that helped me which was spicy food I know it doesn't work for everyone but, I was sent home at 39 weeks being 2 cm dialated with the contractions not strong enough they said to go ahead and eat, take a shower, and rest because it could be another few days. So we stopped at Burger King on the way home and I had the chicken tenders with buffalo sauce. That was at 2 PM when I finished lunch, I took a shower, and took a nap until 5:30 PM and woke up in worst pain. I waited until 7:30 to make sure the contractions were consistent and by 7:45 when I arrived to the hospital I was 4 cm and they admitted me. So long story it could help if you like spicy food. My aunt was two weeks over due and had Taco Bell and went into labor soon after.
    I love spicy food. So I have kicked it up a notch. Sometimes I get a contraction or 2. I think I will eat super spicy food the same day I have the pineapple.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Quote Originally Posted by swalt01 View Post
    I have heard that pineapple can induce labor. Someone told me you had to eat the core though. I love pineapple and planned on starting to eat it at 37 weeks. I am going to do the spicy food thing too and see if that will help at all. I am also getting my last prenatal massage right at 37 weeks so I am going to talk to her and see if there is something she can do to help kick start labor. I am going to get a pedicure too and ask the same thing. I don't want to go past my due date at all and plan on doing whatever I can to make sure that doens't happen.
    I have my DH massage my feet now. And I do the acupressure on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by daynasrose View Post
    I hope it works for u. Just so u know, I think DTD got my labor going along with all the walking I did the day before and day of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany_Dawn View Post
    Semen has good stuff that helps ripen your cervix
    I walk an bounce on my ball a lot. I take EPO and Borage Oil which has the same prostaglandins as semen. I read a recent study that the are 10X more effective orally. But we do DTD to... not recently tho. I think all the walking I did yesterday is what caused the contractions I had at night. So far the porstaglandins worked. Adding a new enzyme I hope will just be like lighting a stick of dynamite.

I am really ready. If it were not for DH not wanting me to, I would have eaten the pineapple today. I felt so horrible today. And had lowblood sugars. It was the worst. I had a bunch of contractions during... even in the bath I took. I felt much better after drinking a root beer and having some sugar cereal. Before I found out what it was I almost went in to L&D tho. I felt that bad. Nausea, weak and at the same time the contractions. And it hit me so fast I though maybe I was having one of these freak speed labors or something. I sure do hope labor does not feel like that. I can handle pain... just the nausea... with it is not my cup of tea.

Tonight's dinner... Extra spicy chicken tacos and pineapple! YUM! Plus I hope it makes a baby pop out. Yup I got impatient. lol

Enjoy! Even if does nothing for labour, just savour the tastes! !!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

YUM I totally did! 2 of my favorite foods in the world!

I went from 0 - 2 in one week.. that's all I did was eat pineapple.. I wish I started it at 37-39 wks instead of last minute.. I do believe it helped though.

Woohoo full term Mariah! Keep on eating that pineapple, maybe you'll be next!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

I ate pineapple and mango today too. They strangest thing. No Contractions, cramps or anything. Not a twinge! I usually get at last cramps everyday. It is very weird.